Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Promote Gregory to DC?

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

hardhat said:
    100% bullshit. Names are always leaked during the interview process as agents try to get their guys free pub.
    Jimmy also said "money was no object" in making the right hire. If that's the case, then why has Jen Cohen been sending out letters to donators pleading with them to save athletics at UW?

When I saw Jimmy being interviewed after the Utah win, I felt invigorated by the happiness and passion of the moment.

But I see shit like this and I think he's a bullshit artist.
    How many coaches AREN'T bullshit artists? Chris P, maybe.

You're making excuses
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

hardhat said:
    100% bullshit. Names are always leaked during the interview process as agents try to get their guys free pub.
    Jimmy also said "money was no object" in making the right hire. If that's the case, then why has Jen Cohen been sending out letters to donators pleading with them to save athletics at UW?

When I saw Jimmy being interviewed after the Utah win, I felt invigorated by the happiness and passion of the moment.

And most coaches fail
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Not only did we promote the shit LB coach to DC, we promoted the "defensive quality control" guy to DL coach.

No creativity. No effort. NOGAF.

Cato has looked like a pretty damn good internal promotion from quality control. LIPO.
    He looks okay though I'd say the jury is still out.

Jimmy has made four staff hires since he's been HC (and multiple moves within the staff.

Jon Donovan
    Terrence Brown
    Two internal quality control coaches

That could not be a more depressing list.
    If there was a trial between the group for and against Jimmy Lake and how things are going, All the defense has to stand up and present is these 4 names and case closed.

I get Lake's rolodex is limited but UW is still a have program in the P5.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam

hardhat said:

Turns out he was plain bullshit. No art
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-softy-and-dick-25095845/episode/softy-and-dick-h3-jimmy-77024995/

Jimmy was on Softy's show last night and spit out even more bullshit about BG
    -When asked what BG's best quality was, he hesitated and then threw out this gem - "His best quality is his ability to connect with his players"
    -When asked about some established players he's recruited he came up with BBK and......DJ Beavers, who played maybe 20 games in his UW career
    -Claims all the former players love BG and that guys like Shaq even come back to Seattle just to visit him. As of right now, no former or current player has tweeted anything resembling an endorsement of Gregory

The biggest concern I have is his rationale for keeping the changes internal. He says he doesn't want to bring in an outside who will throw their defensive scheme in the garbage and start from scratch. Fuck off, no one was asking for that. But it's possible to bring someone in with a fresh perspective who can iterate and improve on what's already here. Jimmy is just too fucking arrogant to accept help and despite what PK said in his interviews, I'm certain Jimmy's ego played a part in his decision to leave.

I'm officially team #FireJimmy

No no no... @FireCohen her fault that guy is the HC
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/139-softy-and-dick-25095845/episode/softy-and-dick-h3-jimmy-77024995/

Jimmy was on Softy's show last night and spit out even more bullshit about BG
    -When asked what BG's best quality was, he hesitated and then threw out this gem - "His best quality is his ability to connect with his players"
    -When asked about some established players he's recruited he came up with BBK and......DJ Beavers, who played maybe 20 games in his UW career
    -Claims all the former players love BG and that guys like Shaq even come back to Seattle just to visit him. As of right now, no former or current player has tweeted anything resembling an endorsement of Gregory

The biggest concern I have is his rationale for keeping the changes internal. He says he doesn't want to bring in an outside who will throw their defensive scheme in the garbage and start from scratch. Fuck off, no one was asking for that. But it's possible to bring someone in with a fresh perspective who can iterate and improve on what's already here. Jimmy is just too fucking arrogant to accept help and despite what PK said in his interviews, I'm certain Jimmy's ego played a part in his decision to leave.

I'm officially team #FireJimmy

Not sure why you’re so confident players don’t like Gregory. Focus on the coaching and actual results. There are valid criticisms there. Focusing on whether former players are tweeting about Gregory is FS. I don’t think Lake is making it up that former players like him.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,610
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

hardhat said:
    Never let a good crisis global pandemic go to waste
  • Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    Swaye's Wigwam

Either Huard is going to suck or Husky legend John Donovan is good
    I guess Sam likes to hand the ball off #doomed
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    doogville said:

Lets be honest. There's like an 85% chance JonDon turns Sam in to a wildcat quarterback. In fact, he kinda has an Eric Crouch look to him
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LB_33 said:

doogville said:

Lets be honest. There's like an 85% chance JonDon turns Sam in to a wildcat quarterback. In fact, he kinda has an Eric Crouch look to him
    Then get Luke McCaffrey from Nebraska
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Or, I mean, he's a good soldier who is dyed in the wool as a Huskie and dad/uncle taught him to spit the company line but...

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Hey Jimmy...finally listened to your press conference. Helpful hint..every person I have met in life who constantly tells me how hard they work have been the laziest f*ckers I’ve had to deal with.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Hey Jimmy...finally listened to your press conference. Helpful hint..every person I have met in life who constantly tells me how hard they work have been the laziest f*ckers I’ve had to deal with.

You know a lot of bricklayers?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

For whatever it is worth K also had positive things to say about JonDon on the way out the door
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

For whatever it is worth K also had positive things to say about JonDon on the way out the door
    What did he say?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,108
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

And Chip Kelly told Oregon's AD to hire Mark Helfrich.