Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Promote Gregory to DC?

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    dnc said:

Not only did we promote the shit LB coach to DC, we promoted the "defensive quality control" guy to DL coach.

No creativity. No effort. NOGAF.

Cato has looked like a pretty damn good internal promotion from quality control. LIPO.
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

When Gregory was at Cal you all would have loved to have him as DC

For all the angst here about recruiting and Jimmy and not having Petersen quitting anymore some folks seem to forget we? were 8-5 in year 6 of leveling up with awesome blue chip soft fucking losers

I'm definitely contrarian on all of this. Let Jimmy fucking cook. If it tastes like shit then fire him

im on bored with this. this shit better work.

i have no idea what lake is doing (or if hes a head coach) but fuck, go fucking win and idgaf who the fuck he hires/doesnt recruit.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Gregory isn't necessarily the part that bugs me. Hes probably going to be good as DC. It's just the general lack of signs that UW is making big boy moves. He has quickly lowered the look of the program to a lower tier than it is. When the effects of his shit recruiting catch up the reality will match this perception and that is somewhere south of Sarkisian levels.

Unless...ah fuck I dont see any way this surprises me.

Somewhere south of seven wins? That sounds bad.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    Hot take. Gregory is going to be pretty much identical to Coach K as DC. If you liked Coach K, you should be okay with this move. It takes Gregory off the recruiting trail somewhat, which is a positive. I will accept debates about hiring a QC guy as DL coach, but that has worked out pretty good for Cato. I'm in LIPO mode.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This was a "we have a defensive formula that works against everyone but Stanford and a new hire would have fucked with the equation" hire.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Not only did we promote the shit LB coach to DC, we promoted the "defensive quality control" guy to DL coach.

Cato has looked like a pretty damn good internal promotion from quality control. LIPO.
    He looks okay though I'd say the jury is still out.

Jimmy has made four staff hires since he's been HC (and multiple moves within the staff.

Jon Donovan
    Terrence Brown
    Two internal quality control coaches

That could not be a more depressing list.
    Yeah, clearly Jimmy has taken after Pete. He's a system guy. It is what it is.

That being said, who is Terrence Brown?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

What has he done that Paopao didn't?