Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was your first truly epic meltdown as a Husky fan?

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,553 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020

haie said:

So as we've established, I'm not the typical UW graduate. I'm a Noted Oregon Honk, and Cane fanatic. And I don't admire USC or long for their respect (more about that below), and I give UW fandom shit about their doog selves. So there's that.

But there's another creep. The young innocent creep before being beat up gang raped by UW jocks behind Kane Hall. The creep whose first live cfb experience was in the north stands before the erector set was complete watching UW play USC and Charles White and Marcus Allen. And, sure, it was a crisp fall day. I was with my uncle who would be my aunt if he didn't have balls.

This other creep liked, and still likes, seeing UW beat USC for whatever reason. Maybe it was that day as I was imprinting on UW and Charles White ripped off a long TD run. Don't know. While I can't say meltdown when they lose to Trooj, I've certainly always taken a lot of pleasure in UW beating SC. The one that stands out, which is maybe kinda stupid but whatever, was the '06 loss. SC had raped UW the year before, and I was a big Stanback fan and, I may as well admit it because Race remembers, I truly wanted Losingham to work out. I always thought it was important for AA coaches to be successful at big programs. Anyway, the two programs were on opposite ends off the success spectrum to put it mildly, and playing them close to the end at that time was fucking huge. That outcome was really disappointing even though nothing was riding on it.

But probably the closest I ever got/get to a meltdown over Husky losses invariably involves Coug. I can't explain to you why I don't have the Duck Hate Gene in my DNA. But all the haie I should have for Oregon gets concentrated and focused on that goofy bunch of dimwits who go to Cuog. I hate the way they embrace themselves. I even dislike my kids' friends who went there. "Stop hanging around her. She's a loser." That kind of thing. So any of the painful Cuog losses are up there for me. I really hated the 97 loss with Leaf, and I knew it was coming. I was there!

But @creepycoug do you hate 2020 Kewg as much as 1988 Kewg? A lot of us guysm - myself included - got into U of W with mediocre acadmis and would be the equivalent of 2020 Kewg.

"Hate" is probably too skrong. "Hate" is what @haie , bananas and JW have for Orgin, or how @oregonblitzkrieg views Latino culture. That kind of means they're at least a little bit in your head. Cuog is not in my head. I promise.

Think @Gladstone reading my posts and eye rolling. Think Race or iDawg when I rub them the wrong way. Like that. The analogy is Cuog is a cfb shitpoaster and enthusiastically embraces that role, knowing full well they have no other choice. That's creep in a nutshell, and it's why I went to school there. I am a self-loathing Cuog through and through. I don't hate myself; I'm just very disappointed I was born this way.
    If you claim you're a die hard husky fan and say "I don't hate Oregon they just wanna win blah blah" then you're a fucking doog.

No exceptions.

It's not the 1980's anymore and it's pathetic that even has to be said.

There's basically one barrier to dominating this conference. It's not USC.

Wake the fuck up or go follow the Seahawks and all their bullshit pretend rivalries against teams they weren't even in the same conference with originally.
    The first part of my post laid out what you should know already. So there's that.

Also, doog has an established definition, and it's the opposite of what you just wrong. Doog is what you're doing with the bowl comparisons. That's classic doog.
    That's just stating facts.

If that was us Derek and some others would have brought up, "They did this against a middling Wisconsin team and Iowa state. Where's the win against a big time program?"

But because it's the trash school with no engineering program that cares about football we suck their dicks and call them winners. 3-2 team that needed a favor from UW.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,994
    haie said:

haie said:

So as we've established, I'm not the typical UW graduate. I'm a Noted Oregon Honk, and Cane fanatic. And I don't admire USC or long for their respect (more about that below), and I give UW fandom shit about their doog selves. So there's that.

But there's another creep. The young innocent creep before being beat up gang raped by UW jocks behind Kane Hall. The creep whose first live cfb experience was in the north stands before the erector set was complete watching UW play USC and Charles White and Marcus Allen. And, sure, it was a crisp fall day. I was with my uncle who would be my aunt if he didn't have balls.

This other creep liked, and still likes, seeing UW beat USC for whatever reason. Maybe it was that day as I was imprinting on UW and Charles White ripped off a long TD run. Don't know. While I can't say meltdown when they lose to Trooj, I've certainly always taken a lot of pleasure in UW beating SC. The one that stands out, which is maybe kinda stupid but whatever, was the '06 loss. SC had raped UW the year before, and I was a big Stanback fan and, I may as well admit it because Race remembers, I truly wanted Losingham to work out. I always thought it was important for AA coaches to be successful at big programs. Anyway, the two programs were on opposite ends off the success spectrum to put it mildly, and playing them close to the end at that time was fucking huge. That outcome was really disappointing even though nothing was riding on it.

But probably the closest I ever got/get to a meltdown over Husky losses invariably involves Coug. I can't explain to you why I don't have the Duck Hate Gene in my DNA. But all the haie I should have for Oregon gets concentrated and focused on that goofy bunch of dimwits who go to Cuog. I hate the way they embrace themselves. I even dislike my kids' friends who went there. "Stop hanging around her. She's a loser." That kind of thing. So any of the painful Cuog losses are up there for me. I really hated the 97 loss with Leaf, and I knew it was coming. I was there!

But @creepycoug do you hate 2020 Kewg as much as 1988 Kewg? A lot of us guysm - myself included - got into U of W with mediocre acadmis and would be the equivalent of 2020 Kewg.

"Hate" is probably too skrong. "Hate" is what @haie , bananas and JW have for Orgin, or how @oregonblitzkrieg views Latino culture. That kind of means they're at least a little bit in your head. Cuog is not in my head. I promise.

Think @Gladstone reading my posts and eye rolling. Think Race or iDawg when I rub them the wrong way. Like that. The analogy is Cuog is a cfb shitpoaster and enthusiastically embraces that role, knowing full well they have no other choice. That's creep in a nutshell, and it's why I went to school there. I am a self-loathing Cuog through and through. I don't hate myself; I'm just very disappointed I was born this way.
    If you claim you're a die hard husky fan and say "I don't hate Oregon they just wanna win blah blah" then you're a fucking doog.

No exceptions.

It's not the 1980's anymore and it's pathetic that even has to be said.

There's basically one barrier to dominating this conference. It's not USC.

Wake the fuck up or go follow the Seahawks and all their bullshit pretend rivalries against teams they weren't even in the same conference with originally.
    The first part of my post laid out what you should know already. So there's that.

Also, doog has an established definition, and it's the opposite of what you just wrong. Doog is what you're doing with the bowl comparisons. That's classic doog.
    That's just stating facts.

If that was us Derek and some others would have brought up, "They did this against a middling Wisconsin team and Iowa state. Where's the win against a big time program?"

But because it's the trash school with no engineering program that cares about football we suck their dicks and call them winners. 3-2 team that needed a favor from UW.
    Dooging.

Who's Derek?
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,526 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020

dtd said:

Arizona in 1992. 22 game win streak heading in, but no Camaro. Dawgs ranked #1 after Zona goes wide right against @creepycoug in the Orange Bowl. A young HS aged Yella stomps down to his room and starts melting down to Pweston levels throwing out every explicative I knew.

1990 was the first year I had consciousness as UDub fan but don't recall being that emotional about UCLA. My old man was losing his shit though.

Listen to Keith at about 2:30 describe the Washington Huskies as being DOOMED! 4:00 mark for clip of wide right against Miami. Fans ripping down the goal posts before the game was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjZiq4Oh1U

RIP Bruce Snyder!
    Is this some kinda whoosh @dtd ?
    @YellowSnow Yeah sorry, I've got five reasons on the brain.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    edited December 2020
    Brandon Gibson apple cup. I was like 7. I cried like a little bitch when we left him that wide open to win the game and my parents reassured me that “we weren’t husky fans” little did they know I would become a full blown TBS fag by 12, I skipped recess in 6th grade to make sure Shaq Thompson signed his NLI. Fuck off mom and dad!
    Oh also the Deontae Cooper fumble against Arizona. I was following along from game cast/radio on my way home from an AAU tournament. I lost my shit so bad in the car, my dad had to pull over and tell me to shut the fuck up on the side of the highway, so he wouldn’t crash the fucking car.
    I remember watching the Locker Notre Dame QB sneak that was a touchdown but got called short at the pro club in the weight room with my dad (fag I know). That was the first time I truly felt robbed in my CFB fandom.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 808
    edited December 2020
    Notre Dame 2009 was highway robbery by the refs. I remember being furious, but it was mostly at them and not the huskies. Coming off owen it was hard to really get too upset, relative to some of the others noted here.

Also was a fantastic postgame show. Hugh was absolutely losing his mind over parallaxes, if anyone recalls.

My last one was the Peach Bowl pick 6

I remember watching the Locker Notre Dame QB sneak that was a touchdown but got called short at the pro club in the weight room with my dad (fag I know). That was the first time I truly felt robbed in my CFB fandom.

That game actually bothered me too. I needed a walk after

We had two shots to beat those fucks and blew them both

After 95 it was too much

And we hadn't had a decent non con win since 2000
    I saw your comment about the Jake pick 6 at the peach, I legitimately threw up my breakfast I was so enraged I became sick. Fuck that guy.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

That game actually bothered me too. I needed a walk after

We had two shots to beat those fucks and blew them both

After 95 it was too much

And we hadn't had a decent non con win since 2000
    It sucked because it was actually a fun game to watch. We were doing well on offense and just couldn’t punch it in.

I don’t remember if helmet to helmet was a penalty back then but the game should have continued after Goodwin got destroyed.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    '89 SUC Condom game

They were really good but we were 2-3 after that loss. Buffalo also stomped us the weak before. I didn't like look rooting for losers.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't meltdown. Unless falling asleep in a bathtub full of my own puke counts. The Huskies have done that to me twice.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Notre Dame 2009 was highway robbery by the refs. I remember being furious, but it was mostly at them and not the huskies. Coming off owen it was hard to really get too upset, relative to some of the others noted here.

Also was a fantastic postgame show. Hugh was absolutely losing his mind over parallaxes, if anyone recalls.

This was a big one for me as well. I was watching in the common room of my frat in Pennsylvania - getting shit from about 25 guys because I had gotten there first and I refused to change the channel, I must have been reminded UW went 0-12 about 100 times, and who gives a fuck about Washington football and was told I was from Southern Canada and shit like that. When they didn’t give the TD and this kid who I still hate to this day and wasn’t friends with then or now laughed in my face - not realizing how big of a fanatic fan I am, in my drunken anger I beaned a just opened Natural light off his head which prompted a classic frat hold me back bro scenario from him while I just laughed. No regrets, well other than being a fanatic UW fan but nothing I can do about that one.
    I can identify with this. Except the guy I talked shit to was Ronnie Fouch. And he punched me in the face. At my own frat party.
    I’m guessing that guy has some unresolved anger.