Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was your first truly epic meltdown as a Husky fan?

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Where to start?

Doogism is a progressive disease, so I continuously redefine rock bottom as the meltdowns add up.

I remember really wanting 10 wins heading into the holiday bowl in1996 and loved Corey Dillon. We went up 14-0 and was celebrating with my dad before we choked it away, leaving me inconsolable.

But excluding child tantrums, the 12 men on the field against Michigan left me feeling truly robbed for the first time.

Baabs gave our whole team free tickets to the ‘96 Holiday Bowl. What a miserable first in person bowl game experience. So bad I didn’t go to another one for 20 years.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,385 Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

I think it was '95, loss to Notre Dame at home. My two dads and I had season tickets next to the visitors section which was awesome most of the tim in the 90's(classy heckling). Some little elf looking prick with some kind of flute kept playing their fight song as we lost the lead late in the game.

I also remember another gayme in mid 90's with Huard throwing a lame duck up for grabs and the Coogs storming the field as the rain fell in Husky Stadium.

Those two losses pissed me off the most, now I am a well conditioned loser

Underchinned
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,526 Standard Supporter

Arizona in 1992. 22 game win streak heading in, but no Camaro. Dawgs ranked #1 after Zona goes wide right against @creepycoug in the Orange Bowl. A young HS aged Yella stomps down to his room and starts melting down to Pweston levels throwing out every explicative I knew.

1990 was the first year I had consciousness as UDub fan but don't recall being that emotional about UCLA. My old man was losing his shit though.

Listen to Keith at about 2:30 describe the Washington Huskies as being DOOMED! 4:00 mark for clip of wide right against Miami. Fans ripping down the goal posts before the game was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjZiq4Oh1U

RIP Bruce Snyder!
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 808
    Air Force “away” game at whatever the fuck Seahawks stadium was called back then. Buddy’s mom hooked us up with luxury suite tickets for like 15 of our friends. There were also several of her coworkers and their friends and family in the suite. Before the game was actually over I tore the bill off my UW cap and threw the separate pieces over the balcony. I then walked home to Queen Anne by myself.
    Wasn’t actually my first meltdown, but it was a memorable one.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    I became a fan in 90 and it’s like a drug you can’t quit unfortunately. I hate myself. You can tell from my age why i hate lambo so much growing up in sw Washington he made my adolescent years a constant suicide watch due to underachieving husky football teams.

Arizona 92
    Lambo the pick vs Oregon
    Lambo wales missed fg vs Oregon
    Lambo loss from ahead notre dame
    Lambo tied usc from ahead Witaf happened that game?!?
    Lambo akili smith melt down vs Oregon
    Lambo Ryan leaf
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,654 Founders Club
    My last one was the Peach Bowl pick 6
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    dtd said:

Arizona in 1992. 22 game win streak heading in, but no Camaro. Dawgs ranked #1 after Zona goes wide right against @creepycoug in the Orange Bowl. A young HS aged Yella stomps down to his room and starts melting down to Pweston levels throwing out every explicative I knew.

1990 was the first year I had consciousness as UDub fan but don't recall being that emotional about UCLA. My old man was losing his shit though.

Listen to Keith at about 2:30 describe the Washington Huskies as being DOOMED! 4:00 mark for clip of wide right against Miami. Fans ripping down the goal posts before the game was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjZiq4Oh1U

RIP Bruce Snyder!
    Is this some kinda whoosh @dtd ?
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364

I became a fan in 90 and it’s like a drug you can’t quit unfortunately. I hate myself. You can tell from my age why i hate lambo so much growing up in sw Washington he made my adolescent years a constant suicide watch due to underachieving husky football teams.

Arizona 92
    Lambo the pick vs Oregon
    Lambo Ryan leaf

I remember quite a few fans being upset about Lambo getting the head coaching job, he was a great D mind but didn't necessarily translate to being a great captain. Lambo losses > Petersen losses...We used to lose while putting up a fight, yeah, good tims. Don't twist, I love Lambo

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Doogles said:

Where to start?

Doogism is a progressive disease, so I continuously redefine rock bottom as the meltdowns add up.

I remember really wanting 10 wins heading into the holiday bowl in1996 and loved Corey Dillon. We went up 14-0 and was celebrating with my dad before we choked it away, leaving me inconsolable.

But excluding child tantrums, the 12 men on the field against Michigan left me feeling truly robbed for the first time.

Good call. Forgot about that game and it was definitely disappointing.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    An underreported note of the ‘95 Notre Dame game was that Seattle was wayyy more abuzz with the “Refuse to Lose” Mariners.

I was a pledge slanging hot dogs at that game and an exodus of dawg fans left to watch the M’s while UW was still in it.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364
    I really hate the Mariners. They could win it all next year and I would not GAF
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,994

Arizona 92
    Lambo the pick vs Oregon
    Lambo Ryan leaf

I'm picking up on a pattern here.