Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was your first truly epic meltdown as a Husky fan?

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
Arizona in 1992. 22 game win streak heading in, but no Camaro. Dawgs ranked #1 after Zona goes wide right against @creepycoug in the Orange Bowl. A young HS aged Yella stomps down to his room and starts melting down to Pweston levels throwing out every explicative I knew.

1990 was the first year I had consciousness as UDub fan but don't recall being that emotional about UCLA. My old man was losing his shit though.

Listen to Keith at about 2:30 describe the Washington Huskies as being DOOMED! 4:00 mark for clip of wide right against Miami. Fans ripping down the goal posts before the game was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjZiq4Oh1U

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam
    I can only remember a couple of meltdowns and they're pretty standard answers.

1) 1990 UCLA
    2) 1992 Arizona
    3) The Keith Price/Sark come from ahead shitshow loss at Pullman. I dont know why I cared so much on this one. It was frustrating as hell though.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I really came of awareness during the height of the early 90’s, hence the reason I can’t walk away despite really wishing I could. I basically knew nothing other than UW winning Rose Bowls so watching Tyrone Wheatley go off for what felt like 1000 yards almost didn’t seem possible.
    For some reason the Scott Frost Stanford game stands out as the first time I attempted to break something in rage. The first time I succeeded was after 12 men on the field at Michigan. Still on summer break and staying at my parents watching it with my dad. Punched straight through a closet door.

Scott Frost Stanford?
  • HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,033

when Don James resigned

Same. I had attended games as a student in the 80s, and I was staff at the UW in the early 90s (software gig) when James walked. I was very angry with him for a while, but eventually got over it and understood he felt he needed to honor what he told his bosses if they didn't support the team against the P9.

But I can still sometimes imagine an alternate universe in which James somehow remained the HC through the 90s.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 808
    dnc said:

I really came of awareness during the height of the early 90’s, hence the reason I can’t walk away despite really wishing I could. I basically knew nothing other than UW winning Rose Bowls so watching Tyrone Wheatley go off for what felt like 1000 yards almost didn’t seem possible.
    For some reason the Scott Frost Stanford game stands out as the first time I attempted to break something in rage. The first time I succeeded was after 12 men on the field at Michigan. Still on summer break and staying at my parents watching it with my dad. Punched straight through a closet door.

Scott Frost Stanford?
    1994. Football had just been invented two weeks earlier even though we didn’t know it yet. Early season wins against Ohio State and Miami had me believing that all was right with the world again. I truly realized the season was over when Stanford’s back up QB blew us out. I may be missing some details, but that’s how I remember it.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,945 Swaye's Wigwam

ive had a couple, one (the copypasta is running around here somewhere on this god forsaken hell hole) was the 09 game at ASU, where holt's defense botched the call and gave up a TD with no time left, almost got arrested for trying to touch jake locker, stumbled into lincoln kennedy after the game and told him 'nick holt can suck a dick.'

the other was the 07 game at the rose bowl, i think ucla was down to their 4th team qb and still managed to beat ty's sqwad. i kept yelling 'THIS IS PROGRESS' at some guy in the stands who i thought was todd turner. in hindsight, it was not todd turner.

Good examples especially that ASU loss. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, or just hit power and take a walk. I think I did all three.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    1982 (I think, maybe 83. I'm sure DJ knows for sure), Apple Cup. 13 year old Alexis already had gotten the go ahead from Dad Alexis to attend his 2nd consecutive Rose Bowel after the mighty Dawgs take care of the lowly Coogs. Then Chuck Nelson decided that this would be a great time to miss his first field goal. Young Alexis punched his bedroom door. Good thing Dad Alexis was kind of cheap so we had hollow core doors.

Honorable mention. Holt letting ASU throw a bomb on the last play of the game and having to walk from the top row of Sun Devil stadium down past the partying Bitchforks for about 40 rows.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,502 Founders Club
    Alexis said:

1982 (I think, maybe 83. I'm sure DJ knows for sure), Apple Cup. 13 year old Alexis already had gotten the go ahead from Dad Alexis to attend his 2nd consecutive Rose Bowel after the mighty Dawgs take care of the lowly Coogs. Then Chuck Nelson decided that this would be a great time to miss his first field goal. Young Alexis punched his bedroom door. Good thing Dad Alexis was kind of cheap so we had hollow core doors.

Honorable mention. Holt letting ASU throw a bomb on the last play of the game and having to walk from the top row of Sun Devil stadium down past the partying Bitchforks for about 40 rows.

November 1982
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,654 Founders Club
    Alexis said:

Chuck Fucking Nelson
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club
    dannarc said:

I think it was '95, loss to Notre Dame at home. My two dads and I had season tickets next to the visitors section which was awesome most of the tim in the 90's(classy heckling). Some little elf looking prick with some kind of flute kept playing their fight song as we lost the lead late in the game.

I also remember another gayme in mid 90's with Huard throwing a lame duck up for grabs and the Coogs storming the field as the rain fell in Husky Stadium.

Those two losses pissed me off the most, now I am a well conditioned loser

ND and Oregon that year where just painful to witness in person. Although the USC tie takes the cake.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,553 Swaye's Wigwam
    I had a lot of hate in my life watching Meat jump up and down and hoot and hollar like a cheerleader on our field last year.

One of our coaches should have knocked him the fuck out.

Or at least lift up one of his man boobs and twist it.
    haie said:

I had a lot of hate in my life watching Meat jump up and down and hoot and hollar like a cheerleader on our field last year.

Meat's still a fairly big dude, moobs or no moobs. Who do we have the would whip his ass?
    edited December 2020
    haie said:

haie said:

Meat's still a fairly big dude, moobs or no moobs. Who do we have the would whip his ass?
    This question needs to be thrown into the same bin with "how could UW possibly have gotten onto the field in the CCG last Friday???"

I don't know, just find a fucking way because the alternative is that a retard is dancing on your field...
    Retard dancing on the other's guys field is pretty cathartic.

If our guys aren't fired up to play Oregon in 2021 I don't know when we'll ever be.