Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was your first truly epic meltdown as a Husky fan?

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,553 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

I had a lot of hate in my life watching Meat jump up and down and hoot and hollar like a cheerleader on our field last year.

One of our coaches should have knocked him the fuck out.

Or at least lift up one of his man boobs and twist it.

Meat's still a fairly big dude, moobs or no moobs. Who do we have the would whip his ass?
    This question needs to be thrown into the same bin with "how could UW possibly have gotten onto the field in the CCG last Friday???"

I don't know, just find a fucking way because the alternative is that a retard is dancing on your field...
    Retard dancing on the other's guys field is pretty cathartic.

If our guys aren't fired up to play Oregon in 2021 I don't know when we'll ever be.
    CSB time, but I frequent a bar in Portland where the bartender is literally an Oregon dropout that chats it up with me about pac 12 football. After the game that year:

"Hey man good to see you! I was in your neck of the woods last weekend, watching the UW Oregon game!" (He knows I was there too)

Pete literally let jacks and dropouts back into talking shit to me after 3 peaceful years.

This university still fucking pays Pete after that.

Jesus we're fucking Cal for good now except that we don't beat Cat and we don't beat Oregon. And now Stanford.

Fucking fire Jen. Fire the staff, I don't care. Have a friend who played at Montana State while K was there that thinks he's the best coach in America and tells me to STFU every weekend. I don't even care anymore. K sucks too.

Just clean house.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    edited December 2020
    1988 Apple Cup
    WSU 32 UW 31

My first may have actually been earlier that year, when UW lost 5 games by a total of 15 points, including @ #3 USC 28-27, but this is the one that is memorable. Probably because like 2020 it ended the season prematurely.

UW 6-5?! First season without a bowl in a decade?! Damn right I melted down.

It was mostly forgotten because within 12 months UW was making major changes and the rest is history. You'll pardon me if I'm skeptical they care enough to do so again...
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,151
    Oct. 30, 1982: Stanford 43, Washington 31. Fuck.John.Elway.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,285 Swaye's Wigwam
    2001 UCLA. Underrated. It was the first time I can really remember the Huskies just being unable to stop someone the way they couldn't stop Deshaun Foster and it was the first of a long string of those types of games against. It was the first real crack in hard dog armor for the dreadful run we may technically still be in sans a three-year break.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

2001 UCLA. Underrated. It was the first time I can really remember the Huskies just being unable to stop someone the way they couldn't stop Deshaun Foster and it was the first of a long string of those types of games against. It was the first real crack in hard dog armor for the dreadful run we may technically still be in sans a three-year break.

I was drunk at a San Diego wedding watching. God that was awful.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,055
    Hiring Willingham. I knew it was going to be a disaster.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2020
    97 Oregon. 97 and 99 UCLA.

The tie against USC in 95 might have been the first game I went to. I think I went to a game or 2 before that, but don’t really remember.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    When you guys started dooging over peterman while having a kicker that missed 3 field goals. Its the game where that one hot bball chick does the confused point at the scoreboard
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,690 Founders Club
    Love your story @Fishpo31

Mine was this:
    The 1985 Oregon State vs. Washington football game was a college football game between the Oregon State Beavers and Washington Huskies that took place at Husky Stadium in Seattle on October 19, 1985. The Pac-10 conference game featured the largest overcome point spread in college football history at the time when the Huskies, favored by 38 points at home,[1][2][3] lost 21–20 after the Beavers blocked a punt and recovered the ball in the end zone with 1:29 left to play.[4] It is considered one of the greatest upsets in college football history.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    ‘98 Arizona game. My dad died a few weeks later. That was last game all 3 of us went too. Said I would never attend a UA game again.

Fast forward ‘06 I think it was...LDD and I are sitting in our seats against UA....and the guys in front of us turn around..”hey..you want sideline passes and go down on the field?”

That was crazy
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    HuskyJW said:

‘98 Arizona game. My dad died a few weeks later. That was last game all 3 of us went too. Said I would never attend a UA game again.

Fast forward ‘06 I think it was...LDD and I are sitting in our seats against UA....and the guys in front of us turn around..”hey..you want sideline passes and go down on the field?”

That was crazy

If it makes you feel any better I don't think I'll attend an arizona game again. Dealing with the locals is fucking gnarly
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,720
    EwaDawg said:

Oct. 30, 1982: Stanford 43, Washington 31. Fuck.John.Elway.

Yep, cried into my grandparents' shag carpet. I even pulled out a couple pieces of shag in rage!!