Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was your first truly epic meltdown as a Husky fan?

12346»

Comments

• Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    Gladstone said:

Notre Dame 2009 was highway robbery by the refs. I remember being furious, but it was mostly at them and not the huskies. Coming off owen it was hard to really get too upset, relative to some of the others noted here.

Also was a fantastic postgame show. Hugh was absolutely losing his mind over parallaxes, if anyone recalls.

This was a big one for me as well. I was watching in the common room of my frat in Pennsylvania - getting shit from about 25 guys because I had gotten there first and I refused to change the channel, I must have been reminded UW went 0-12 about 100 times, and who gives a fuck about Washington football and was told I was from Southern Canada and shit like that. When they didn’t give the TD and this kid who I still hate to this day and wasn’t friends with then or now laughed in my face - not realizing how big of a fanatic fan I am, in my drunken anger I beaned a just opened Natural light off his head which prompted a classic frat hold me back bro scenario from him while I just laughed. No regrets, well other than being a fanatic UW fan but nothing I can do about that one.
    I can identify with this. Except the guy I talked shit to was Ronnie Fouch. And he punched me in the face. At my own frat party.
    If I ran into Ronnie Fouch drunk in college I would have gotten punched in the face every time
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Notre Dame 2009 was highway robbery by the refs. I remember being furious, but it was mostly at them and not the huskies. Coming off owen it was hard to really get too upset, relative to some of the others noted here.

Also was a fantastic postgame show. Hugh was absolutely losing his mind over parallaxes, if anyone recalls.

This was a big one for me as well. I was watching in the common room of my frat in Pennsylvania - getting shit from about 25 guys because I had gotten there first and I refused to change the channel, I must have been reminded UW went 0-12 about 100 times, and who gives a fuck about Washington football and was told I was from Southern Canada and shit like that. When they didn’t give the TD and this kid who I still hate to this day and wasn’t friends with then or now laughed in my face - not realizing how big of a fanatic fan I am, in my drunken anger I beaned a just opened Natural light off his head which prompted a classic frat hold me back bro scenario from him while I just laughed. No regrets, well other than being a fanatic UW fan but nothing I can do about that one.
    I can identify with this. Except the guy I talked shit to was Ronnie Fouch. And he punched me in the face. At my own frat party.
    Not the same thing and I’ve told this before, but my buddy was in a frat at WSU and I was visiting. We stayed up all night because we had nowhere to sleep. The Frat had a ton of visitors and we didn’t get back until probably 6 am. All the beds were taken so we stayed up drinking and drugging.

We took some beds at like 8 am. At maybe 8:30 or 9, some old douche bag comes yelling at about 4 or 5 of us to to wake up, “It’s Cougar Football Saturday!” He calls us pussies, this and that. We told the guy to shut up and get the fuck out and one of the guys threw an empty beer can at him.

The guy ended up being Mark Rypien and he complained to everyone about the disrespect he got and was not happy. The frat leaders were pretty pissed off about the newbies in the frat telling Mark Rypien to fuck off and for throwing a beer can at him. I think my friend and his frat brothers ended up having to clean the whole disgusting house because of this.
    He probably got CTE from a beer can to the head
    Yeah, and then Roadie's friend hit him with another one and made it worse. Guy's got shit luck!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,994
    edited December 2020
    I've told this story b4, so I'll do the tl;dr version.

1990, I was walking out of Thompson toward the HUB with a friend lamenting the 4th down play call against Colorado. "What kind of dumb fuck blah blah blah." Some guy was walking by us clearly eavesdropping and low and behold it was Brunnell. He peeled off and kind of grinned at us as he walked away. Brunnell was a good guy. He might have been thinking the same thing himself.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    that douchebag rudy carpenter parked in my spot at the frat house so I parked behind him so he couldnt get out. He went up to the door all angry "do you know who I am!"
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,994

Brandon Gibson apple cup. I was like 7. I cried like a little bitch when we left him that wide open to win the game and my parents reassured me that “we weren’t husky fans” little did they know I would become a full blown TBS fag by 12, I skipped recess in 6th grade to make sure Shaq Thompson signed his NLI. Fuck off mom and dad!

Was that the 07 game? I made it to the stadium but got into a slight altercation and the police were kind enough to let my friends take me home.
    Respect.