Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What was your first truly epic meltdown as a Husky fan?

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,994

Love your story @Fishpo31

Mine was this:
    The 1985 Oregon State vs. Washington football game was a college football game between the Oregon State Beavers and Washington Huskies that took place at Husky Stadium in Seattle on October 19, 1985. The Pac-10 conference game featured the largest overcome point spread in college football history at the time when the Huskies, favored by 38 points at home,[1][2][3] lost 21–20 after the Beavers blocked a punt and recovered the ball in the end zone with 1:29 left to play.[4] It is considered one of the greatest upsets in college football history.
    Nobody's going to say anything about this post being right-justified? WTF has happened to this place?
    Take it to the Tug
    Ba da bing!

I laffed.
    haie said:

I had a lot of hate in my life watching Meat jump up and down and hoot and hollar like a cheerleader on our field last year.

One of our coaches should have knocked him the fuck out.

Or at least lift up one of his man boobs and twist it.

Had?
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    dannarc said:

I became a fan in 90 and it’s like a drug you can’t quit unfortunately. I hate myself. You can tell from my age why i hate lambo so much growing up in sw Washington he made my adolescent years a constant suicide watch due to underachieving husky football teams.

Arizona 92
    Lambo the pick vs Oregon
    Lambo wales missed fg vs Oregon
    Lambo loss from ahead notre dame
    Lambo tied usc from ahead Witaf happened that game?!?
    Lambo akili smith melt down vs Oregon
    Lambo Ryan leaf

I remember quite a few fans being upset about Lambo getting the head coaching job, he was a great D mind but didn't necessarily translate to being a great captain. Lambo losses > Petersen losses...We used to lose while putting up a fight, yeah, good tims. Don't twist, I love Lambo

This is also false. Lambo got blown the fuck out plenty of times without a fight. People confuse he a team with being able to hit hard as tough. They folded like a chalupa plenty of times just to name a few below...

And while we are at it. Can someone explain to me how an offense with Benji oslen, bob sapp, Olin kreutz, Corey Dillon, Rashaan shehee, Jerome Pathon, Fred Coleman, Cam Cleeland, and Brock Huard go scoreless for the rest of the game after the first two possessions in the holiday bowl? What a waste of talent lambo was given. FTG.

@notre dame
    @nebraska
    Air Force
    Iowa
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,595

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

I had a lot of hate in my life watching Meat jump up and down and hoot and hollar like a cheerleader on our field last year.

Meat's still a fairly big dude, moobs or no moobs. Who do we have the would whip his ass?
    This question needs to be thrown into the same bin with "how could UW possibly have gotten onto the field in the CCG last Friday???"

I don't know, just find a fucking way because the alternative is that a retard is dancing on your field...
    Retard dancing on the other's guys field is pretty cathartic.

If our guys aren't fired up to play Oregon in 2021 I don't know when we'll ever be.
    CSB time, but I frequent a bar in Portland where the bartender is literally an Oregon dropout that chats it up with me about pac 12 football. After the game that year:

"Hey man good to see you! I was in your neck of the woods last weekend, watching the UW Oregon game!" (He knows I was there too)

Pete literally let jacks and dropouts back into talking shit to me after 3 peaceful years.

This university still fucking pays Pete after that.

Jesus we're fucking Cal for good now except that we don't beat Cat and we don't beat Oregon. And now Stanford.

Fucking fire Jen. Fire the staff, I don't care. Have a friend who played at Montana State while K was there that thinks he's the best coach in America and tells me to STFU every weekend. I don't even care anymore. K sucks too.

Just clean house.
    Tip from an old man: don't let the haie in your live extend to your bartender. If you have a bartender who likes you and says "Hey man good to see you!", you should like him back.

Give it a few years. You'll see.
    Great advice. I haven’t paid for 75% of my drinks at the local Mexican spot in the last 4 years. Just return the favor and funnel most of the savings back via tip
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,019 Founders Club

So as we've established, I'm not the typical UW graduate. I'm a Noted Oregon Honk, and Cane fanatic. And I don't admire USC or long for their respect (more about that below), and I give UW fandom shit about their doog selves. So there's that.

But there's another creep. The young innocent creep before being beat up gang raped by UW jocks behind Kane Hall. The creep whose first live cfb experience was in the north stands before the erector set was complete watching UW play USC and Charles White and Marcus Allen. And, sure, it was a crisp fall day. I was with my uncle who would be my aunt if he didn't have balls.

This other creep liked, and still likes, seeing UW beat USC for whatever reason. Maybe it was that day as I was imprinting on UW and Charles White ripped off a long TD run. Don't know. While I can't say meltdown when they lose to Trooj, I've certainly always taken a lot of pleasure in UW beating SC. The one that stands out, which is maybe kinda stupid but whatever, was the '06 loss. SC had raped UW the year before, and I was a big Stanback fan and, I may as well admit it because Race remembers, I truly wanted Losingham to work out. I always thought it was important for AA coaches to be successful at big programs. Anyway, the two programs were on opposite ends off the success spectrum to put it mildly, and playing them close to the end at that time was fucking huge. That outcome was really disappointing even though nothing was riding on it.

But probably the closest I ever got/get to a meltdown over Husky losses invariably involves Coug. I can't explain to you why I don't have the Duck Hate Gene in my DNA. But all the haie I should have for Oregon gets concentrated and focused on that goofy bunch of dimwits who go to Cuog. I hate the way they embrace themselves. I even dislike my kids' friends who went there. "Stop hanging around her. She's a loser." That kind of thing. So any of the painful Cuog losses are up there for me. I really hated the 97 loss with Leaf, and I knew it was coming. I was there!

But @creepycoug do you hate 2020 Kewg as much as 1988 Kewg? A lot of us guysm - myself included - got into U of W with mediocre acadmis and would be the equivalent of 2020 Kewg.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,666 Standard Supporter
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Meat's still a fairly big dude, moobs or no moobs. Who do we have the would whip his ass?
    This question needs to be thrown into the same bin with "how could UW possibly have gotten onto the field in the CCG last Friday???"

I don't know, just find a fucking way because the alternative is that a retard is dancing on your field...

If our guys aren't fired up to play Oregon in 2021 I don't know when we'll ever be.
    CSB time, but I frequent a bar in Portland where the bartender is literally an Oregon dropout that chats it up with me about pac 12 football. After the game that year:

"Hey man good to see you! I was in your neck of the woods last weekend, watching the UW Oregon game!" (He knows I was there too)

Pete literally let jacks and dropouts back into talking shit to me after 3 peaceful years.

Jesus we're fucking Cal for good now except that we don't beat Cat and we don't beat Oregon. And now Stanford.

Fucking fire Jen. Fire the staff, I don't care. Have a friend who played at Montana State while K was there that thinks he's the best coach in America and tells me to STFU every weekend. I don't even care anymore. K sucks too.

Just clean house.
    Tip from an old man: don't let the haie in your live extend to your bartender. If you have a bartender who likes you and says "Hey man good to see you!", you should like him back.

Great advice. I haven’t paid for 75% of my drinks at the local Mexican spot in the last 4 years. Just return the favor and funnel most of the savings back via tip
    Back in the day had a sweet corporate card and a local dive bar where the local bankers, lawyers and power brokers would hang....would drink like a fish and buy copious amounts of drinks for whoever else happened to be around.

Waitress would come back with a bill for, like, $20. Her tip was GENEROUS - like in the hundreds of dollars generous. Was always too drunk to expect some quid pro quo handies on the company's dime.

Fuck Jay Inslee for locking that shit down. Fuck technology for better tracking mechanisms and expense reporting.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,654 Founders Club

ntxduck said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Just clean house.

Back in the day had a sweet corporate card and a local dive bar where the local bankers, lawyers and power brokers would hang....would drink like a fish and buy copious amounts of drinks for whoever else happened to be around.

Waitress would come back with a bill for, like, $20. Her tip was GENEROUS - like in the hundreds of dollars generous. Was always too drunk to expect some quid pro quo handies on the company's dime.

Fuck Jay Inslee for locking that shit down. Fuck technology for better tracking mechanisms and expense reporting.

Back in the day you had to manually watch the wait staff and how they pour

https://youtu.be/oByMeAfwARs
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

When you guys started dooging over peterman while having a kicker that missed 3 field goals. Its the game where that one hot bball chick does the confused point at the scoreboard

Fuck off bitchfork. If you're going to jump into this thread at least regale us with some stories of epic ASU meltdowns and you seeking the warm comfort of comatose (but still consenting) Mill Ave coeds.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860

When you guys started dooging over peterman while having a kicker that missed 3 field goals. Its the game where that one hot bball chick does the confused point at the scoreboard

Fuck off bitchfork. If you're going to jump into this thread at least regale us with some stories of epic ASU meltdowns and you seeking the warm comfort of comatose (but still consenting) Mill Ave coeds.
    I'm all about #mybeavs these days
    edited December 2020

So as we've established, I'm not the typical UW graduate. I'm a Noted Oregon Honk, and Cane fanatic. And I don't admire USC or long for their respect (more about that below), and I give UW fandom shit about their doog selves. So there's that.

But there's another creep. The young innocent creep before being beat up gang raped by UW jocks behind Kane Hall. The creep whose first live cfb experience was in the north stands before the erector set was complete watching UW play USC and Charles White and Marcus Allen. And, sure, it was a crisp fall day. I was with my uncle who would be my aunt if he didn't have balls.

This other creep liked, and still likes, seeing UW beat USC for whatever reason. Maybe it was that day as I was imprinting on UW and Charles White ripped off a long TD run. Don't know. While I can't say meltdown when they lose to Trooj, I've certainly always taken a lot of pleasure in UW beating SC. The one that stands out, which is maybe kinda stupid but whatever, was the '06 loss. SC had raped UW the year before, and I was a big Stanback fan and, I may as well admit it because Race remembers, I truly wanted Losingham to work out. I always thought it was important for AA coaches to be successful at big programs. Anyway, the two programs were on opposite ends off the success spectrum to put it mildly, and playing them close to the end at that time was fucking huge. That outcome was really disappointing even though nothing was riding on it.

But probably the closest I ever got/get to a meltdown over Husky losses invariably involves Coug. I can't explain to you why I don't have the Duck Hate Gene in my DNA. But all the haie I should have for Oregon gets concentrated and focused on that goofy bunch of dimwits who go to Cuog. I hate the way they embrace themselves. I even dislike my kids' friends who went there. "Stop hanging around her. She's a loser." That kind of thing. So any of the painful Cuog losses are up there for me. I really hated the 97 loss with Leaf, and I knew it was coming. I was there!

But @creepycoug do you hate 2020 Kewg as much as 1988 Kewg? A lot of us guysm - myself included - got into U of W with mediocre acadmis and would be the equivalent of 2020 Kewg.

"Hate" is probably too skrong. "Hate" is what @haie , bananas and JW have for Orgin, or how @oregonblitzkrieg views Latino culture. That kind of means they're at least a little bit in your head. Cuog is not in my head. I promise.

Think @Gladstone reading my posts and eye rolling. Think Race or iDawg when I rub them the wrong way. Like that. The analogy is Cuog is a cfb shitpoaster and enthusiastically embraces that role, knowing full well they have no other choice. That's creep in a nutshell, and it's why I went to school there. I am a self-loathing Cuog through and through. I don't hate myself; I'm just very disappointed I was born this way.
    edited December 2020

The 2001 game @ Miami.

For starters, this game was supposed to be played on Sept 15, but got pushed back to the last game of the season because of 9/11. So I had to wait another 2 months to finally see this game. #WeWillNeverForget

You could say this game didn't mean a lot considering it was played after we already solidified our spot as #2 in the conference. But that's exactly why this game meant so much to me...it *was* our bowl game. Anytime we get to play a game in December...errr, I mean late November, it's special.

Miami was damn good that year. One of the best teams of all time. But I was confident in our Huskies. Afterall, we had just knocked off the 9th best team in the country the week before, the Washington State Cougars, proving that we could hang with the very best teams in the country.

So I'm a young teenager at the time, and my family actually traveled to some relatives' house a couple hours away that weekend, so we watched the game there.The game finally kicks off. And I sit and watch Miami go down and score the first touchdown. Dammit. But wait, here comes Washington on offense moving the ball down the field. All the way down to the goal line. Sweet. But next thing I know 1st and goal has suddenly turned into 4th and goal. Yes! We're gonna go for it! Good call, Rick.....Fuck! Did the center just step on Pickett's foot? Fender remembers that part (your dumb ass had to Google it).

Then, everything got worse from there. Miami kept scoring. We didn't. The game was out of hand. I was a young teenager at the time, and I came unglued. I couldn't believe how badly we were getting beat. I kept blaming the refs for every bad play. I told my parents I wanted to go home, which they found to be disrespectful to the relatives we were visiting. I didn't want to be around anyone. So I just acted out more. I started cussing when things continued to go poorly, which prompted another lecture.

At one point I got mad while I happened to have a handful of pork grinds. So I impulsively threw them at my uncle's dog, which not only didn't hurt the dog but actually gave him a tasty treat. Luckily nobody saw me throw them, they just saw the dog eating them, to which my aunt looked at me and said "I think the dog's had enough chips today." I really wanted to reply with "they aren't chips, they're pork grinds you stupid bitch" but I think all the rage had left my system at that point, and I was thankful that nobody had seen me throw those pork grinds with the amount of rage that I did.

So there you have it. I couldn't handle watching my team get beat so badly, especially by Miami who I was sick of hearing about. And as a result, I tried to assault a dog by throwing pork grinds at it.

The Quane in me really wants to knock out a smart ass reply to this, but it's too good, so I yield to thee. I laffed at this. Especially funny, for reasons I can't articulate, was the detail about your aunt just looking at you saying, "dog's had enough chips today." That is something that would have happened to me.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    @creepycoug good call on the 2006 USC game.

We actually showed nuts that game and came out the second half with a surprise onside kick followed by a reverse to the trackstar Wood? for a big gain and 1st and goal. Then we shriveled and settled for a FG.

I still believe if we get the snap off at the end Stanback finds a way to score.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

"Hate" is probably too skrong. "Hate" is what @haie , bananas and JW have for Orgin, or how @oregonblitzkrieg views Latino culture. That kind of means they're at least a little bit in your head. Cuog is not in my head. I promise.

Think @Gladstone reading my posts and eye rolling. Think Race or iDawg when I rub them the wrong way. Like that. The analogy is Cuog is a cfb shitpoaster and enthusiastically embraces that role, knowing full well they have no other choice. That's creep in a nutshell, and it's why I went to school there. I am a self-loathing Cuog through and through. I don't hate myself; I'm just very disappointed I was born this way.
    Don't get me started.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,553 Swaye's Wigwam

If you claim you're a die hard husky fan and say "I don't hate Oregon they just wanna win blah blah" then you're a fucking doog.

No exceptions.

It's not the 1980's anymore and it's pathetic that even has to be said.

There's basically one barrier to dominating this conference. It's not USC.

Wake the fuck up or go follow the Seahawks and all their bullshit pretend rivalries against teams they weren't even in the same conference with originally.
    haie said:

If you claim you're a die hard husky fan and say "I don't hate Oregon they just wanna win blah blah" then you're a fucking doog.

No exceptions.

It's not the 1980's anymore and it's pathetic that even has to be said.

There's basically one barrier to dominating this conference. It's not USC.

Wake the fuck up or go follow the Seahawks and all their bullshit pretend rivalries against teams they weren't even in the same conference with originally.
    The first part of my post laid out what you should know already. So there's that.

Also, doog has an established definition, and it's the opposite of what you just wrong. Doog is what you're doing with the bowl comparisons. That's classic doog.