Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Three out of five

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club

Cristobal came to a great place to coach with top facilities and a serious admin and the only Pac school to win a play of game

To pretend he came into some big mess is ridiculous

Right now he has a Rose Bowl win. So did Rick

Mario sucked where he was before Oregon and so far he has sucked two out of three years at Oregon

Prove something indeed.

Cristolbal is a meathead.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    edited December 2020

lawsandl said:

U of hO seems to suck.

I don't think meathead is a very good coach. They just got lucky, or had good recruits come up last year. I don't know. Remember they were 5-4 two years ago.

That said, it would be foolish to expect to win.

Lolz. Things losers say. Yes, they were 5-4 two years ago. Then he did in year 2 what Peter couldn't do through year 6. Bad as it stings, win a Rose Bowel and then pop off about lucky.
    True, but doesn’t mean he’s a good coach. Plenty of coaches have won a big game like that, but aren’t good. Time will tell.
    True. But then, again, most of those "not good coaches" jumped on a moving train. Not many started in the middle of a train wreck, immediately made measurable improvements, recruited at a level the program had never before seen, managed and executed important coordinator hires/departures, and won the conference and Rose Bowl in year 2. It's like he needed to go play Bama and Penn State and get his ass kicked or something to substantiate himself.

If Oregon really starts to suck and he can't clean it up next season, then I'll get a membership in the Society of Doogs whose charter mantras are that Crisco sucks and Chris "No Roses" Peterman was better than the last UW coach to win a Rose Bowl. Weird club, but I'll join.

Race established the standard here: win or GTFO. The rest is verbal jerking off.
    He got the Rose Bowl win, but I wouldn’t be feeling great about him as coach if I were a Duck fan. This is a what have you done for me lately business.

He’s a lot more likely to be average than string up multiple conference titles. Just my opinion.
    I think this is biased because you’re dooging. If he recruits at clip never seen at Oregon and surrounds himself with great coordinators, he will win a lot at Oregon. Right now the PACs issue is the base talent level. He helps the perception.
    It’s not dooging, it’s simple math. There aren’t many great coaches. Mario is more likely to be average than not. I didn’t say the opposite was true for Jimmy.
    I agree with you to an extent. He’s not elite and Texas, for instance, would be stupid to go after him.

He’s a great fit at Oregon. He can make Oregon great if he continues to stack top 10 classes, hire excellent coordinators and focuses on culture.

No Oregon fan thinks Cristobal is a genius coach that will take 3 star talent and make Oregon a playoff contender.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Cristobal came to a great place to coach with top facilities and a serious admin and the only Pac school to win a play of game

Mario sucked where he was before Oregon and so far he has sucked two out of three years at Oregon

Prove something indeed.

Cristolbal is a meathead.
    With tits.
    Pics?
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,161

lawsandl said:

U of hO seems to suck.

I don't think meathead is a very good coach. They just got lucky, or had good recruits come up last year. I don't know. Remember they were 5-4 two years ago.

Lolz. Things losers say. Yes, they were 5-4 two years ago. Then he did in year 2 what Peter couldn't do through year 6. Bad as it stings, win a Rose Bowel and then pop off about lucky.
    True, but doesn’t mean he’s a good coach. Plenty of coaches have won a big game like that, but aren’t good. Time will tell.
    True. But then, again, most of those "not good coaches" jumped on a moving train. Not many started in the middle of a train wreck, immediately made measurable improvements, recruited at a level the program had never before seen, managed and executed important coordinator hires/departures, and won the conference and Rose Bowl in year 2. It's like he needed to go play Bama and Penn State and get his ass kicked or something to substantiate himself.

If Oregon really starts to suck and he can't clean it up next season, then I'll get a membership in the Society of Doogs whose charter mantras are that Crisco sucks and Chris "No Roses" Peterman was better than the last UW coach to win a Rose Bowl. Weird club, but I'll join.

Race established the standard here: win or GTFO. The rest is verbal jerking off.
    He got the Rose Bowl win, but I wouldn’t be feeling great about him as coach if I were a Duck fan. This is a what have you done for me lately business.

He’s a lot more likely to be average than string up multiple conference titles. Just my opinion.
    I think this is biased because you’re dooging. If he recruits at clip never seen at Oregon and surrounds himself with great coordinators, he will win a lot at Oregon. Right now the PACs issue is the base talent level. He helps the perception.
    It’s not dooging, it’s simple math. There aren’t many great coaches. Mario is more likely to be average than not. I didn’t say the opposite was true for Jimmy.
    Not sure Mario is even considered mediocre despite what the stupid fake lawyer says.

Mario Cristobal’s Overall Coaching Record is 49-54 (0.476%) .

So, maybe he had one decent year with somebody else's players. His sun belt or wac championship season record was 7-6.

As it now stands Lake is a .75 career coach. Wins 3 of every four IN CONFERENCE.

Time will tell, but with a few good years, man boobs MIGHT climb to .500 career wise so LIPO. And, of course, Jimmy just might win more than he loses. . . . . . . . . .

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    EwaDawg said:

lawsandl said:

U of hO seems to suck.

Not sure Mario is even considered mediocre despite what the stupid fake lawyer says.

So, maybe he had one decent year with somebody else's players. His sun belt or wac championship season record was 7-6.

As it now stands Lake is a .75 career coach. Wins 3 of every four IN CONFERENCE.

Time will tell, but with a few good years, man boobs MIGHT climb to .500 career wise so LIPO. And, of course, Jimmy just might win more than he loses. . . . . . . . . .

You realize SBC OOC is harder than in conference record, right? You’re outmatched in 4 games automatically.

I don’t think there could be a more retarded way to measure him.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Wins over Oregon

North Division titles

Play for third league title out of 5

That's what is at stake. Quite honestly its worth showing up for

• RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

Wins over Oregon

North Division titles

Play for third league title out of 5

That's what is at stake. Quite honestly its worth showing up for

• MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,623

Was he supposed to win two Rose Bowls last year or something?

Was he supposed to win two Rose Bowls last year or something?

Just one

Like Washington in the last 30 years

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,008
    edited December 2020

Prove something indeed.

I only pretend to be a lawyer. I know he came into a mess because the brain trust here made it very clear it was a mess. And we? were promised that mess was permanent and would last forever by the natural order of things. You might remember this. Or maybe not.

Lol. Mario is elite.
    edited December 2020

lawsandl said:

Prove something indeed.

That’s disingenuous. Mario took one of the worst teams in FBS and won a championship. He got let go when his team took a rash of injuries. Most people who followed him said the school was stupid to fire him.
    Excuses

Are for losers
    Not at FIU. Excuses are air and water.

HtH

Lol. Mario is elite.
    edited December 2020
    EwaDawg said:

lawsandl said:

U of hO seems to suck.

Hey, you're finally talking to me again.

You make a really, really, really strong point about career wins.

Alas, that strong point aside, after your abortions in the Tug and your extended hiatus, we? don't really care what you think about anything, even if it happens to be Duck-related during Oregon week.

I speak for the group.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,780 Founders Club

This sucks at any school

League records suck. No excuses. One good season in his career
    edited December 2020

Prove something indeed.

I only pretend to be a lawyer. I know he came into a mess because the brain trust here made it very clear it was a mess. And we? were promised that mess was permanent and would last forever by the natural order of things. You might remember this. Or maybe not.

Lol. Mario is elite.

The rewriting of Oregon’s history just before Mario took over is beyond “pressing.”

And now “Just one” Rose Bowl isn’t good enough after a couple of years of “We still take Pac-12 titles seriously around here.”

Expected. Sad, but expected.

Prove something indeed.

Lol. Mario is elite.

The rewriting of Oregon’s history just before Mario took over is beyond “pressing.”

And now “Just one” Rose Bowl isn’t good enough after a couple of years of “We still take Pac-12 titles seriously around here.”

Expected. Sad, but expected.

It's Oregon week fucko!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,780 Founders Club
    Mario = Rick is actually a compliment

Mario is a one hit wonder with the most serious program out west