Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Three out of five

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,008
    edited December 2020

U of hO seems to suck.

I don't think meathead is a very good coach. They just got lucky, or had good recruits come up last year. I don't know. Remember they were 5-4 two years ago.

That said, it would be foolish to expect to win.

Lolz. Things losers say. Yes, they were 5-4 two years ago. Then he did in year 2 what Peter couldn't do through year 6. Bad as it stings, win a Rose Bowel and then pop off about lucky.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Emoterman said:

Heading up the 5 now to Eugene

What's your plan for getting in? Gonna impersonate an ambulance driver? A cameraman? A cameraman's fluffer? Gatorade sales rep?
    Vice President Pence should have no problem watching from the sidelines.
    I'd be a FBI guy myself, that is who I posed at being as I walked the downtown area and viewed the carnage of the damage at 10Pm from the "riot" that ensued following the 1999 World Trade Organization summit.
    That sounds like a really retarded way to end up in federal prison.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852

The script says UW wins. I don't believe it, it's just what I'm reading out here.

Link?
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

The script says UW wins. I don't believe it, it's just what I'm reading out here.

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

U of hO seems to suck.

I don't think meathead is a very good coach. They just got lucky, or had good recruits come up last year. I don't know. Remember they were 5-4 two years ago.

Lolz. Things losers say. Yes, they were 5-4 two years ago. Then he did in year 2 what Peter couldn't do through year 6. Bad as it stings, win a Rose Bowel and then pop off about lucky.
    True, but doesn’t mean he’s a good coach. Plenty of coaches have won a big game like that, but aren’t good. Time will tell.
    Mario is a recruiter and hires well. I have a feeling his success will be him letting go of some control.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020

Cristobal came to a great place to coach with top facilities and a serious admin and the only Pac school to win a play of game

To pretend he came into some big mess is ridiculous

Right now he has a Rose Bowl win. So did Rick

Mario sucked where he was before Oregon and so far he has sucked two out of three years at Oregon

Prove something indeed.

Beat Wisconsin. NEM.

Clay Helton won a rose bowl. Ppl forget that.

Cristobal came to a great place to coach with top facilities and a serious admin and the only Pac school to win a play of game

Mario sucked where he was before Oregon and so far he has sucked two out of three years at Oregon

Prove something indeed.

That’s disingenuous. Mario took one of the worst teams in FBS and won a championship. He got let go when his team took a rash of injuries. Most people who followed him said the school was stupid to fire him.

U of hO seems to suck.

True, but doesn’t mean he’s a good coach. Plenty of coaches have won a big game like that, but aren’t good. Time will tell.
    True. But then, again, most of those "not good coaches" jumped on a moving train. Not many started in the middle of a train wreck, immediately made measurable improvements, recruited at a level the program had never before seen, managed and executed important coordinator hires/departures, and won the conference and Rose Bowl in year 2. It's like he needed to go play Bama and Penn State and get his ass kicked or something to substantiate himself.

If Oregon really starts to suck and he can't clean it up next season, then I'll get a membership in the Society of Doogs whose charter mantras are that Crisco sucks and Chris "No Roses" Peterman was better than the last UW coach to win a Rose Bowl. Weird club, but I'll join.

Race established the standard here: win or GTFO. The rest is verbal jerking off.
    He got the Rose Bowl win, but I wouldn’t be feeling great about him as coach if I were a Duck fan. This is a what have you done for me lately business.

He’s a lot more likely to be average than string up multiple conference titles. Just my opinion.
    I think this is biased because you’re dooging. If he recruits at clip never seen at Oregon and surrounds himself with great coordinators, he will win a lot at Oregon. Right now the PACs issue is the base talent level. He helps the perception.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,776 Founders Club
    lawsandl said:

Prove something indeed.

That’s disingenuous. Mario took one of the worst teams in FBS and won a championship. He got let go when his team took a rash of injuries. Most people who followed him said the school was stupid to fire him.
    Excuses

Are for losers
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter

lawsandl said:

Prove something indeed.

Excuses

Are for losers
    There is not A program or coach that anyone fears in this conference right now. They’re all pretty meh. But somebody has to win the conference so you may as well try. I give credit to Oregon for that. They actually try.

lawsandl said:

Prove something indeed.

Excuses

Are for losers
    Funny. It was sun belt football.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852
    lawsandl said:

Prove something indeed.

Sark> Ty POTD.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,776 Founders Club