Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WTF is Climate Change?

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    The USA currently produces more oil than it imports. For so many years we were told we needed to be energy independent. Now that we are, the game has shifted to "climate change "

Fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone.
  • We can go back and forth on this all we want but it doesn't seem to be producing anything.

Fortunately this thread looks to have changed some attitudes about whether climate change is occurring, but the question now stands: where do we go next.

I think trusting the big energy companies in the long run is not the solution. You think I'm putting my faith in the wrong people, and should LIPO. We can argue all we want but it seems no one's opinion is ever going to change.

Maybe it's time to stop arguing and enjoy this site for what it is and not try to make it The Woodshed.

edited January 2014

We can go back and forth on this all we want but it doesn't seem to be producing anything.

Fortunately this thread looks to have changed some attitudes about whether climate change is occurring, but the question now stands: where do we go next.

I think trusting the big energy companies in the long run is not the solution. You think I'm putting my faith in the wrong people, and should LIPO. We can argue all we want but it seems no one's opinion is ever going to change.

Maybe it's time to stop arguing and enjoy this site for what it is and not try to make it The Woodshed.

Good Christ. You've reached passion territory in this thread.

Ever is a long time. I'm pretty sure your opinion will change at some point. Most idealic collegedoogs have very different opinions 20 years later.

So say you

I used to think you were better at this.

You as well

W.jw.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited January 2014
    This thread needs a dose of 007duck's "This Little War Between You Two Is Getting Old" WWII meme.

And then, to DIAFF.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Does he poast here?

Is it when everything gets all hot and shit?
    That's what I used to think, but the CollegeDoog vs. RaceDamone sword fight has learned me a thang or two.

Hardcore Husky: A Fountain of Knowledge

#whoknew?
    dnc said:

This thread needs a dose of 007duck's "This Little War Between You Two Is Getting Old" WWII meme.

And then, to DIAFF.

This is the only good thread I have ever started. Don't kill it with fire (unless it's sustainable wood chip fire).

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

If only everybody used wood chips for fuel. The world would be a much better place.

This is shaping up to be a really cool weak for wood chips.
    Burning wood for fuel is the kind of innovative green solution that America needs to embrace in order to save the environment. I can't believe no one thought of that sooner.
    Great simplistic response as always.
    Brevity is a virtue.
    Except when complex problems are being discussed.
    You make it sound like the solution is so easy though? I'm confused?
    No solution is easy. It's going to take years of research and development.

But it is necessary.
    I turned to my wife and said, thank God CollegeDoog's generation is here to tell us we need years of research and development. I hope all the energy companies start R&D departments right away. Otherwise we'll have to burn biomasses of tax dollars to get the job done.

Geeze kid, have a drink or something
    Lol. Let's trust big oil. Thought we covered that.
    Yeah you covered it.

KOCH BROTHERS FAUX NEWS!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!

Who fueled the jet with efficient jet fuel? Big oil or Middleburry's biomass reactor?

Who has led the way in innovation if not the people actually getting the oil? This is where you show your gullibility and lack of real world experience.

Stop using oil and then pop off

Actually this is where you show your gullibility. Oil is great until it's gone.
    Great moving of the goal posts as always. I'm pretty sure that MadSon is a scientist for an oil company and he agrees with you. Should we put him on the government payroll instead or will you admit that oil companies are doing the research and development that you say we need in a blazing flash of the obvious.

Somehow we got from kerosene lamps to rocket fuel. I'm guessing it was the R&D of big corporations.

Look we get it - you're young and impressionable and your surrounded by alarmists with the crises of the week and you fall for them. We've been there which is why we like to fuck with you. If all the shit each generation has been told was true we's all be dead.

Mega billion corporations will continue to want to be mega billion corporations. Their lust for survival will trump the government's lust for greed and boondoggles.

I don't put my faith in either one, I just know that you don't bet against human nature. Your trust in the government and full faith trust in the anti corporate retards you hang with will pass when you get more real world experience.

The standard of living we enjoy and the money your dad made are brought to you by the same folks you mock me for defending. It's you that are simplistic in your response to this basic fact of life in these United States

Best post in thread.

I like CollegeDoog. He thinks we are all pissing on his youth and treating him like a kid. Truth is, like Race says, most all of us were idealists as youth, and rightly so. You SHOULD be all hot and bothered about some issue when you are young and tooling around a college campus. I was all worked up about one thing or another bumbling around Red Square in the 90's...and 20 years later, I can't even recall what kept me all worked up and crusading back then, besides getting drunk or laid. Which brings me to...

You are actually doing this thing right. While I think some life's experience will start tilting your world view on things like wood chips, for now, keep doing what you're doing, because I bet this indignant rage at Big Oil is helping you pull some serious trim at a liberal college in Vermont. And that is really what this time in your life should be about, deep introspective thought that relies on limited experience, but leads to numerous encounters with "two in the pink one in the stink" chain drive hookers at a little wood chip burning liberal school in Vermont.

I actually envy you a bit. Now post pics of some PETA bitches you've been banging out!
    edited January 2014

I'm for any research that will eventually deprive the Arab countries of a necessary worldwide resource. People who want a return to the stone age need to be put back into the stone age. They aren't fit to be in control of something so important because they can't even control themselves. BTW, there is tons of energy in all that Arab animosity, I'm sure we could harness it in some way and turn it into a resource to fuel our cars.

If my hatred of Sounders fans could be bottled, it would power the Sun.
  • phineasphineas Member Posts: 4,732
    Collegedoog is going to feel like a real jackass in 5 years when his PHD in climate nets him zero prospects in the real world and hes greeting customers at walmart and cleaning up safeco field on the weekend after events to make ends meet "shoulda studied sport science"
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Rickshaws and horse & buggies are the answers to our future problems.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Swaye said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

If only everybody used wood chips for fuel. The world would be a much better place.

Burning wood for fuel is the kind of innovative green solution that America needs to embrace in order to save the environment. I can't believe no one thought of that sooner.
    Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.
    I turned to my wife and said, thank God CollegeDoog's generation is here to tell us we need years of research and development. I hope all the energy companies start R&D departments right away. Otherwise we'll have to burn biomasses of tax dollars to get the job done.

Yeah you covered it.

Who fueled the jet with efficient jet fuel? Big oil or Middleburry's biomass reactor?

Who has led the way in innovation if not the people actually getting the oil? This is where you show your gullibility and lack of real world experience.

Great moving of the goal posts as always. I'm pretty sure that MadSon is a scientist for an oil company and he agrees with you. Should we put him on the government payroll instead or will you admit that oil companies are doing the research and development that you say we need in a blazing flash of the obvious.

Somehow we got from kerosene lamps to rocket fuel. I'm guessing it was the R&D of big corporations.

Look we get it - you're young and impressionable and your surrounded by alarmists with the crises of the week and you fall for them. We've been there which is why we like to fuck with you. If all the shit each generation has been told was true we's all be dead.

Mega billion corporations will continue to want to be mega billion corporations. Their lust for survival will trump the government's lust for greed and boondoggles.

I don't put my faith in either one, I just know that you don't bet against human nature. Your trust in the government and full faith trust in the anti corporate retards you hang with will pass when you get more real world experience.

The standard of living we enjoy and the money your dad made are brought to you by the same folks you mock me for defending. It's you that are simplistic in your response to this basic fact of life in these United States

Best post in thread.

I like CollegeDoog. He thinks we are all pissing on his youth and treating him like a kid. Truth is, like Race says, most all of us were idealists as youth, and rightly so. You SHOULD be all hot and bothered about some issue when you are young and tooling around a college campus. I was all worked up about one thing or another bumbling around Red Square in the 90's...and 20 years later, I can't even recall what kept me all worked up and crusading back then, besides getting drunk or laid. Which brings me to...

You are actually doing this thing right. While I think some life's experience will start tilting your world view on things like wood chips, for now, keep doing what you're doing, because I bet this indignant rage at Big Oil is helping you pull some serious trim at a liberal college in Vermont. And that is really what this time in your life should be about, deep introspective thought that relies on limited experience, but leads to numerous encounters with "two in the pink one in the stink" chain drive hookers at a little wood chip burning liberal school in Vermont.

I actually envy you a bit. Now post pics of some PETA bitches you've been banging out!
    If you're not a liberal at twenty you don't have a heart. If you're not a conservative at forty you don't have a brain.
  • phineas said:

Collegedoog is going to feel like a real jackass in 5 years when his PHD in climate nets him zero prospects in the real world and hes greeting customers at walmart and cleaning up safeco field on the weekend after events to make ends meet "shoulda studied sport science"

I know you're being sarcastic but I'm not going for a PhD in climate science.

Swaye said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

Best post in thread.

If you're not a liberal at twenty you don't have a heart. If you're not a conservative at forty you don't have a brain.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Swaye said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

Best post in thread.

I like CollegeDoog. He thinks we are all pissing on his youth and treating him like a kid. Truth is, like Race says, most all of us were idealists as youth, and rightly so. You SHOULD be all hot and bothered about pounding as much strange as possible when you are young and tooling around a college campus. I was all worked up about one thing or another bumbling around Red Square in the 90's...and 20 years later, I can't even recall what kept me all worked up and crusading back then, besides getting drunk or laid. Which brings me to...

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

And then, to DIAFF.

This is the only good thread I have ever started. Don't kill it with fire (unless it's sustainable wood chip fire).
    Disagree.