Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WTF is Climate Change?

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

Great Google search as always.

I just found Race's Obama donation e-mail

That was from my gmail account. @DerekJohnson can verify that's what I used to sign up for this site.

Why would I make that shit up?

Fuck off.
    You seem angry. I think you need to poast while on a jet to gain some perspective.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    salemcoog said:

Good. I trust the guys that have skin in the game and have succeeded in life over some moron screaming Koch brothers. CollegeDoog is d2d all the way

For every Solyndra there's a Tesla. You have to buy a ticket to win the raffle.

The tropical regions of the oceans swallow the equivalent of 170 billion barrels of oil in solar megajoules daily, more than enough to power the United States for years. Solar is by far the biggest potential resource we could tap into, and it is imperative that we find ways to make the sun > energy process more efficient.

Oh Doogie, Your professors steer you so wrong, Remember they are there for their talent of grant writing and reading curriculum from a syllabus. Not because they actually know how the real world works.

First of all there is only one Tesla. And for the one Tesla there is over 30 other multimillion dollar failures in clean tech. It's dead especially in America for a reason I will list later.

Yes, Hydroelectric, wind, solar, and nuclear are all "dead" in America

15% and of the energy market and expanding is "dead"

You speak of all the energy that is absorbed by the oceans from the sun. Well as I'm sure you, the Oceans are 3/4 of the earth and will not allow for solar panels.

Holy fucking retardism. It was an example that conveyed how much potential solar energy there is. I didn't say to literally put solar panels on the ocean.

Also this Obama clean tech stimilus allowed Chinese companies to scoop up Billions worth of R & D for free and have made it so clean tech , especially solar will not have a domestic infrastructure that will generate profit. Obama sold it out to the Chinese directly or indirectly. So if you want to increase and maybe double the costs of energy than we'll go the route you describe.

Obama has been awful on clean tech. I've made that point several times.

Your woodchip energy plant at your school is also much more expensive than natural gas or oil. So if the rest of the world is spewing more co2 than We are and clean tech is double the price and not really economically sustainable, Why other than idealism should the government or private investors continue throw their money in that rat hole?

You speak from an ignorant position. It's saved $1 million worth of energy costs since it was introduced in 2009. Fuck off.

I've heard Finance is your wheelhouse so I'm looking to be educated here.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    It doesn't surprise me that you don't understand Libertarianism.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

salemcoog said:

Good. I trust the guys that have skin in the game and have succeeded in life over some moron screaming Koch brothers. CollegeDoog is d2d all the way

For every Solyndra there's a Tesla. You have to buy a ticket to win the raffle.

The tropical regions of the oceans swallow the equivalent of 170 billion barrels of oil in solar megajoules daily, more than enough to power the United States for years. Solar is by far the biggest potential resource we could tap into, and it is imperative that we find ways to make the sun > energy process more efficient.

Oh Doogie, Your professors steer you so wrong, Remember they are there for their talent of grant writing and reading curriculum from a syllabus. Not because they actually know how the real world works.

First of all there is only one Tesla. And for the one Tesla there is over 30 other multimillion dollar failures in clean tech. It's dead especially in America for a reason I will list later.

Yes, Hydroelectric, wind, solar, and nuclear are all "dead" in America

15% and of the energy market and expanding is "dead"

You speak of all the energy that is absorbed by the oceans from the sun. Well as I'm sure you, the Oceans are 3/4 of the earth and will not allow for solar panels.

Holy fucking retardism. It was an example that conveyed how much potential solar energy there is. I didn't say to literally put solar panels on the ocean.

Also this Obama clean tech stimilus allowed Chinese companies to scoop up Billions worth of R & D for free and have made it so clean tech , especially solar will not have a domestic infrastructure that will generate profit. Obama sold it out to the Chinese directly or indirectly. So if you want to increase and maybe double the costs of energy than we'll go the route you describe.

Obama has been awful on clean tech. I've made that point several times.

Your woodchip energy plant at your school is also much more expensive than natural gas or oil. So if the rest of the world is spewing more co2 than We are and clean tech is double the price and not really economically sustainable, Why other than idealism should the government or private investors continue throw their money in that rat hole?

You speak from an ignorant position. It's saved $1 million worth of energy costs since it was introduced in 2009. Fuck off.

I've heard Finance is your wheelhouse so I'm looking to be educated here.
    Doogie,

You never answered my question. How and why should American investors and taxpayers throw their $$$ into ventures that have no possiblity of profitability and cost double what the current energy resources are?

Your graph illustrates my point quite profoundly in that of your 15% of "sustainable" energy, that 1/2 of it comes from Nuclear resources.

Doogie, Do you really think America has the appetite to keep building nuclear reactors for power after what we saw at Fukushima.

And doogie please post the school's power bill pre-2009 as opposed to the power bills and cost to operate your chip burning plant post 2009. If you don't.... you're a liar.

But you already knew that.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

If only everybody used wood chips for fuel. The world would be a much better place.

This is shaping up to be a really cool weak for wood chips.
    Burning wood for fuel is the kind of innovative green solution that America needs to embrace in order to save the environment. I can't believe no one thought of that sooner.
    I know, how about COAL!!!!!11111!!!!!

That was a pretty short ski trip by the way. No stamina I guess. Typical youth of today
    If I called oil and natural gas biomass fuels it could get some traction. My two dads burned biomass in the fireplace when I was a kid on crisp fall days
  • PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

If only everybody used wood chips for fuel. The world would be a much better place.

Burning wood for fuel is the kind of innovative green solution that America needs to embrace in order to save the environment. I can't believe no one thought of that sooner.
    Great simplistic response as always.
    I found an answer collegedoog would like. This one is a win win. Abundance.

uh.edu/engines/epi374.htm
  • PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.
    Except when complex problems are being discussed.
  • PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.
    You make it sound like the solution is so easy though? I'm confused?
    No solution is easy. It's going to take years of research and development.

But it is necessary.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.
    Have you donated or invested personally to this necessary cause? Or are you content for the government to steal money from the citizens to fund this necessary cause? That's what I thought. Let others do the heavy lifting while you bloviate.

And where can I sign up for a fat daddy payout courtesy of the people that actual pay taxes? (i.e. the producers)

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.
    I turned to my wife and said, thank God CollegeDoog's generation is here to tell us we need years of research and development. I hope all the energy companies start R&D departments right away. Otherwise we'll have to burn biomasses of tax dollars to get the job done.

Geeze kid, have a drink or something
  • PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.
    I turned to my wife and said, thank God CollegeDoog's generation is here to tell us we need years of research and development. I hope all the energy companies start R&D departments right away. Otherwise we'll have to burn biomasses of tax dollars to get the job done.

Geeze kid, have a drink or something
    Lol. Let's trust big oil. Thought we covered that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.
    Have you donated or invested personally to this necessary cause? Or are you content for the government to steal money from the citizens to fund this necessary cause? That's what I thought. Let others do the heavy lifting while you bloviate.

And where can I sign up for a fat daddy payout courtesy of the people that actual pay taxes? (i.e. the producers)
    Sustainable energy is in the interest of everyone.

I thought we liked out carbon built lifestyle. If we want to keep it we have to develop substitutes.