Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WTF is Climate Change?

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

If only everybody used wood chips for fuel. The world would be a much better place.

This is shaping up to be a really cool weak for wood chips.
    Burning wood for fuel is the kind of innovative green solution that America needs to embrace in order to save the environment. I can't believe no one thought of that sooner.
    Great simplistic response as always.
    Brevity is a virtue.
    Except when complex problems are being discussed.
    You make it sound like the solution is so easy though? I'm confused?
    No solution is easy. It's going to take years of research and development.

But it is necessary.
    I turned to my wife and said, thank God CollegeDoog's generation is here to tell us we need years of research and development. I hope all the energy companies start R&D departments right away. Otherwise we'll have to burn biomasses of tax dollars to get the job done.

Geeze kid, have a drink or something
    Lol. Let's trust big oil. Thought we covered that.
    Yeah you covered it.

KOCH BROTHERS FAUX NEWS!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!

Who fueled the jet with efficient jet fuel? Big oil or Middleburry's biomass reactor?

Who has led the way in innovation if not the people actually getting the oil? This is where you show your gullibility and lack of real world experience.

Stop using oil and then pop off

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

If only everybody used wood chips for fuel. The world would be a much better place.

Burning wood for fuel is the kind of innovative green solution that America needs to embrace in order to save the environment. I can't believe no one thought of that sooner.
    Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.
    I turned to my wife and said, thank God CollegeDoog's generation is here to tell us we need years of research and development. I hope all the energy companies start R&D departments right away. Otherwise we'll have to burn biomasses of tax dollars to get the job done.

Yeah you covered it.

Who fueled the jet with efficient jet fuel? Big oil or Middleburry's biomass reactor?

Who has led the way in innovation if not the people actually getting the oil? This is where you show your gullibility and lack of real world experience.

Actually this is where you show your gullibility. Oil is great until it's gone.

I want to keep flying on planes.

Ways to burn fuel more efficiently will prolong that until we reach the inevitable oil crisis.

Big oil isn't looking at the long term implications, just the short term profitability.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.
    Have you donated or invested personally to this necessary cause? Or are you content for the government to steal money from the citizens to fund this necessary cause? That's what I thought. Let others do the heavy lifting while you bloviate.

And where can I sign up for a fat daddy payout courtesy of the people that actual pay taxes? (i.e. the producers)
    Sustainable energy is in the interest of everyone.

I thought we liked out carbon built lifestyle. If we want to keep it we have to develop substitutes.
    If that's true, then why shouldn't everyone have to contribute?

It's for the common good..teachers, firemen, policemen and all that.

Yeah, get the government involved. That will get it done quickly and efficiently.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

Yea it is going to really blow when we run out of oil next Tuesday.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

So now oil is great? I thought it was warming the earth and we were all about to drown.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

Great moving of the goal posts as always. I'm pretty sure that MadSon is a scientist for an oil company and he agrees with you. Should we put him on the government payroll instead or will you admit that oil companies are doing the research and development that you say we need in a blazing flash of the obvious.

Somehow we got from kerosene lamps to rocket fuel. I'm guessing it was the R&D of big corporations.

Look we get it - you're young and impressionable and your surrounded by alarmists with the crises of the week and you fall for them. We've been there which is why we like to fuck with you. If all the shit each generation has been told was true we's all be dead.

Mega billion corporations will continue to want to be mega billion corporations. Their lust for survival will trump the government's lust for greed and boondoggles.

I don't put my faith in either one, I just know that you don't bet against human nature. Your trust in the government and full faith trust in the anti corporate retards you hang with will pass when you get more real world experience.

The standard of living we enjoy and the money your dad made are brought to you by the same folks you mock me for defending. It's you that are simplistic in your response to this basic fact of life in these United States

• PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.
    Have you donated or invested personally to this necessary cause? Or are you content for the government to steal money from the citizens to fund this necessary cause? That's what I thought. Let others do the heavy lifting while you bloviate.

And where can I sign up for a fat daddy payout courtesy of the people that actual pay taxes? (i.e. the producers)

I thought we liked out carbon built lifestyle. If we want to keep it we have to develop substitutes.

Yeah, get the government involved. That will get it done quickly and efficiently.
    So tax credits for clean energy companies are bad.

Incentives matter. Microecon 101.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

Ways to burn fuel more efficiently will prolong that until we reach the inevitable oil crisis.

Big oil isn't looking at the long term implications, just the short term profitability.
    Link?
    edited January 2014

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Corporatism is bad. Crony capitalism is bad. Government influence and corruption are bad. And that's what we have and that's what you're advocating. Microecon 101 incentives aren't government pissing away tax money.

Back to my point...it's all a bunch of bullshit about who gets rich of this stuff...and it isn't the middle class or the poor. They will take in the ass as usual. Then we will all cry about what happend to the middle class.

Lather. Rinse. Mother Fucking Repeat.
  • PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

Great moving of the goal posts as always. I'm pretty sure that MadSon is a scientist for an oil company and he agrees with you. Should we put him on the government payroll instead or will you admit that oil companies are doing the research and development that you say we need in a blazing flash of the obvious.

Somehow we got from kerosene lamps to rocket fuel. I'm guessing it was the R&D of big corporations.

Look we get it - you're young and impressionable and your surrounded by alarmists with the crises of the week and you fall for them. We've been there which is why we like to fuck with you. If all the shit each generation has been told was true we's all be dead.

Mega billion corporations will continue to want to be mega billion corporations. Their lust for survival will trump the government's lust for greed and boondoggles.

I don't put my faith in either one, I just know that you don't bet against human nature. Your trust in the government and full faith trust in the anti corporate retards you hang with will pass when you get more real world experience.

The standard of living we enjoy and the money your dad made are brought to you by the same folks you mock me for defending. It's you that are simplistic in your response to this basic fact of life in these United States

My dad's not rich.

Human nature also shows that you get what you get when you can. All the people running big oil will have been dead and buried for years by the time the oil crisis hits. So will you.

Human nature shows consumption is always increasing, especially as the population begins to boom.

Finite carbon based resources won't be able to keep pace.

It's a question of math.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

Link?
    Make sure when he digs up a link you go "LOL that is your source?!?!?11?"
  • PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Corporatism is bad. Crony capitalism is bad. Government influence and corruption are bad. And that's what we have and that's what you're advocating. Microecon 101 incentives aren't government pissing away tax money.

Back to my point...it's all a bunch of bullshit about who gets rich of this stuff...and it isn't the middle class or the poor. They will take in the ass as usual. Then we will all cry about what happend to the middle class.

I didn't endorse any of those things.

I think clean energy startups should be eligible for a scaled government investment.

I think they should receive tax credits.

I think oil producers should be held to emission standards.

That's not cronyism or corruption.

That's sensible.
    Along with the Emmision Standards I think they should also cap corporate profits.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

I think clean energy startups should be eligible for a scaled government investment.

That's sensible.
    I don't think you know what corporatism and crony capitalism mean. And everything you mention falls into those categories and certainly cronyism and corruption will be a part of it.

You like spending other peoples money. That much is clear.
  • PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

Link?
    http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/biofuels/oil-companies-promoting-alternative-energy.htm

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-efficiency/biofuels/oil-companies-promoting-alternative-energy1.htm

"Both oil companies and alternative energy advocates agree that long-term consumption of fossil fuels is harmful to the planet. Fossil fuels are responsible for polluting the air and water and causing toxic wastes and harm both plants and animals. But where oil companies and alternative energy advocates typically part ways is over what to do next. Advocates say given the amount of profits oil corporations bring in, they should spend much more money on alternative energy investments. In 2010, the five largest oil firms spent 1.2 percent of profits on alternative fuels and clean-tech research -- with about 4.7 percent of profits spent on R&D overall -- according to the Center for American Progress."

"Many oil companies point out that for the forseeable future, their businesses will be dominated by fossil fuels. A New York Times article mentioned that Exxon expects hydrocarbon demands (oil, gas and coal) to be 80 percent in 2050, about the same as today. Exxon invested just 0.2 percent of profits ($67 million) in alternative energy in 2010."

"Oil corporations say it's not about profits, it's about what makes sense for the future. Alternative energy advocates disagree. They say that we just haven't developed the right technology which will reduce the expensive costs of research and development of alternative energy so oil companies won't have a financial reason to pause about investing in it. Until then, the debate goes on."

Pretty balanced look at it.

The investment from big oil companies just isn't there yet.

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

My dad's not rich.

Human nature also shows that you get what you get when you can. All the people running big oil will have been dead and buried for years by the time the oil crisis hits. So will you.

Human nature shows consumption is always increasing, especially as the population begins to boom.

It's a question of math.
    It's far more than math. And the fact that you don't see that speaks volumes.
  • PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

That's sensible.
    I don't think you know what corporatism and crony capitalism mean. And everything you mention falls into those categories and certainly cronyism and corruption will be a part of it.

You like spending other peoples money. That much is clear.
    Your cynicism is blinding you.
  • PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

Brevity is a virtue.

But it is necessary.

Yeah you covered it.

My dad's not rich.

It's a question of math.
    It's far more than math. And the fact that you don't see that speaks volumes.
    The viability of a world relying on carbon based resources is a question of math.

Hth.
    If oil supply eventually outpaces demand , it will be over decades, if not a couple of centuries. Finding new sources would not be a problem for a technology driven capitalist society. I thought the problem was warming? Which lead me to believe you wanted laws to restrict the supply and consumption of carbon. Isn't that what you were arguing? If you now framing it as we need to panic because we are running out, that's a different deal. In fact, I would submit that over the next 100+ years we will face much more difficult and dire crisis than running out of oil. Shit we haven't even thought of. Replacing oil will take care of itself if the government doesn't fuck it up, like they do most everything.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    I'm for any research that will eventually deprive the Arab countries of a necessary worldwide resource. People who want a return to the stone age need to be put back into the stone age. They aren't fit to be in control of something so important because they can't even control themselves. BTW, there is tons of energy in all that Arab animosity, I'm sure we could harness it in some way and turn it into a resource to fuel our cars.