Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WTF is Climate Change?

Comments

• "Stats are great if you realize that looking at 30 years in comparison to a planet that is billions of years old is what we call a small sample size"

-Race Bannon
  • Middlebury College gets nearly all of its power from our Biomass plant, which heats woodchips to create energy. As a result we are on pace to become carbon neutral in 2016.

Sounds like the destruction of the forest.

"Since 2009, the biomass system has reduced the College’s carbon emissions by nearly 40 percent and the use of #6 fuel oil by one-half, or about a million gallons per year. On average, over the past four years, this has saved the College well over $1 million in fuel costs. Some 20,000 tons of woodchips, harvested within 75 miles of campus, are used annually in lieu of that oil. According to the latest Forest Inventory Analysis by the U.S. Forest Service, that amount represents less than 1 percent of the area’s net forest growth (growth minus removals/harvest).

http://www.middlebury.edu/sustainability/news-events/news/2013/summernews13/node/454116

Are you even trying?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,019 Founders Club
    If only everybody used wood chips for fuel. The world would be a much better place.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,677 Founders Club

"Stats are great if you realize that looking at 30 years in comparison to a planet that is billions of years old is what we call a small sample size"

-Race Bannon

Where did I say anything about science? Looks like you lied
    I like to say that burning wood on a global scale will reduce carbon.

Why do I need to try. CollegeDoogFS
  • I like to say that burning wood on a global scale will reduce carbon.

It's an example of an ambitious attempt at sustainable energy working.

You might want to stop before you embarrass yourself further.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014

"Stats are great if you realize that looking at 30 years in comparison to a planet that is billions of years old is what we call a small sample size"

-Race Bannon

Where did I say anything about science? Looks like you lied
    The stats ARE the science.

It's fucking data.

Christ!
    Sample size is data too you fucking moron

I like to say that burning wood on a global scale will reduce carbon.

I hear they're burning your parents money too. Global scale moron, no one cares that your college burns wood for power
    edited January 2014

Sample size is data too you fucking moron

Climate oscillations last for millions if not billions of years.

The Holocene period we are in now has been relatively consistent for a long time (roughly 11,000 years)

The temperature increases coincide with increased fossil fuel emissions from mankind in the past 30-50 years.

Here's a picture of the process that is making it happen.

Always happy to inform.
  • I like to say that burning wood on a global scale will reduce carbon.

I hear they're burning your parents money too. Global scale moron, no one cares that your college burns wood for power
    Light fucking weight.

Time for you to quit this thread.
    Sure it is. You're doing a great job. Maybe your professor will let you blow him
    Cool picture bro. You still lied about what I said. Liberals lie, its who they are
  • Sure it is. You're doing a great job. Maybe your professor will let you blow him

All those damn liberal elite professors are ruining America!

Sure it is. You're doing a great job. Maybe your professor will let you blow him

I didn't say that.
  • Sure it is. You're doing a great job. Maybe your professor will let you blow him

I didn't say that.
    It's a funny sentiment that's expressed by many on the right.

My conservative cousin said he didn't want to go to an ivy league law school because they cater to the liberal elite.

It was the gist of your post, thinking I'm a product of whatever my professors tell me.

Don't take it so personally.
    edited January 2014

Cool picture bro. You still lied about what I said. Liberals lie, its who they are

Maybe, "maybe", I was bit harsh on you. But you still think the sample size is some kind of significant obstacle even though scientists have been able to put it into context of the greater period.

All the studies on the actual physical process of global warming are consistent with the climate data. The stats don't lie.

I didn't say that.

My conservative cousin said he didn't want to go to an ivy league law school because they cater to the liberal elite.

It was the gist of your post, thinking I'm a product of whatever my professors tell me.

I didn't say it.

I didn't say that.

I didn't say it.
    Semantics