Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

More riots to come

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The cops should have wrestled the guy down before he even reached the driver side door. It looks like the cops hesitated, then their options were limited. The guy shouldn't have resisted, but it looks like if the cops acted earlier the shooting could have been avoided.

How do you know they didn't wrestle with him prior to this?
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I think what incremental is trying to say is that he has no problem with police officers losing their lives.

Am I mistaken, was it Jacob Blake that fired 7 rounds into the cop's back?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020

I think what incremental is trying to say is that he has no problem with police officers losing their lives.

Am I mistaken, was it Jacob Blake that fired 7 rounds into the cop's back?
    No Jacob Blake ignored police commands and resisted and opened up a door and reached inside his vehicle when ordered not to do so. Are the cops supposed to wait until he turns around with a gun before shooting?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

The cops should have wrestled the guy down before he even reached the driver side door. It looks like the cops hesitated, then their options were limited. The guy shouldn't have resisted, but it looks like if the cops acted earlier the shooting could have been avoided.

Then they should have wrestled him down again, and from what I know it isn't illegal to temporarily restrain/cuff somebody. There's three of them, and the suspected wasn't huge, they should have been able to do it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Then they should have wrestled him down again, and from what I know it isn't illegal to temporarily restrain/cuff somebody. There's three of them, and the suspected wasn't huge, they should have been able to do it.
    He is pretty good sized and you don't know if he already resisted being cuffed. See the Atlanta Wendy's shooting. Btw, one of the three appears to be a woman. Should she be wrestling around with him too?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

They'd be damned if they did that to. How about people follow LAWFUL orders from police whom you have NO RIGHT TO RESIST. How about normal fucking behavior? Is that so much to ask?
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,959
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

They'd be damned if they did that to. How about people follow LAWFUL orders from police whom you have NO RIGHT TO RESIST. How about normal fucking behavior? Is that so much to ask?
    Apparently, if you are black - Yes.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This just in: Angry Simpleton HH Tryhards also Double as Rascist LawnOdor Bootlickers
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    edited August 2020

Things are at a point people think they don’t have to listen to police.

Who knows what was happening before this clip started but that was like 5-6 steps and entering a vehicle against their screaming orders.

You've moved on from providing real data and context on covid in Texas as the pandemic ends to pointing out the societal mess we have on our hands .
    Crispened you insufferable cunt

Whats the deal with lefts replacing logic and facts with hyperbole and inflated words.
    As it ends? You were claiming the spike in Texas wasn't so bad more than a month ago. Now deaths are approaching 12K and will likely be 15K soon because of the spike you said wasn't a big deal.

I am conflicted. That looks like a gun and probably was but I don't understand why they couldn't take the man down with force while he was walking around. Shooting anyone at this point in time should be a last resort. At the same time I don't understand why people don't obey the law when given direction. My common sense tells me that if I resist arrest and then reach in my vehicle for a gun I should expect to get killed.

@incremental_progress and his ilk are children. They expect the perfect Disney ending to every story, or else they join the tantrum throwing rioters screaming "murder, murder, murder!!" @incremetal_progress is incapable of understanding the "it's me or him" thoughts that may be going through a cop's mind in that split second, and the why questions? Forget it. Guys like @incremental_progress will never answer that question because no matter what the suspect does, authoritarians like @incremental_progress believe there's always a proverbial "right answer" laying right in front of every cop, where, like a superhero in a Disney movie, the cop always has and chooses the perfect course of conduct to neutralize the suspect without any harm, to anyone.

Someday, @incremetal_progress's balls will drop and he'll realize the real world doesn't work that way.
    I'm not looking for a storybook fucking ending. I'm looking for the police to not shoot a guy 7 times in the fucking back.
    Hang in there. Those balls should drop anyway now.
  • Options

This can create a problem where cops might get physical too early, but I'd rather see a cop get physical too early, then becoming deadly by acting too late. Sometimes, acting early not only saves their lives, but also the suspect's life.

Good reasoning, but not gonna work today, especially in the current environment. Cops gets "too rough" in front of a crowd of homies, and that's "escalation," not "de-escalation," so the cop becomes fair game at that point.

That's the mentality they're dealing with today.
  • Options
    BearsWiin said:

This just in: Angry Simpleton HH Tryhards also Double as Rascist LawnOdor Bootlickers

Nothing funnier than a Liberal Zombie calling other people simpletons. And racist.

You actually have a college degree, @BearsWiin? Amazing.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947

BearsWiin said:

Nothing funnier than a Liberal Zombie calling other people simpletons. And racist.

You actually have a college degree, @BearsWiin? Amazing.
    If the brown shirt fits
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020

SFGbob said:

I dont disagree on the 20/20 hindsight earlier use of non lethal force but this is the result of police acceptable use of force being absolutely destroyed by politics...

If they taze, tackle him, cuff him on the ground before he walks to his car door, the headlines are about police tazing an unarmed black man on the sidewalk... They know they likely to get criminal hate crime charges, sued, lose their job, maybe jail time, probably their family, and no one will ever bring up the fact that their early use of force prevented him from getting shot while reaching into his vehicle (because it never happens). Im sure they have had regular training telling them to limit their physical confrontations right now.

It sure seems like there is no longer an understood hierarchy of acceptable use of force for various situations because ANY and ALL force is now pitched a racially motivated unacceptable force, instead of these incidents being cut off before they reach this point they are required to play out until the officer's personal self preservation takes precedent.

Racially: I am confident in saying I would have been shot in the same situation, reaching back into a car is no joke. But Im also confident in saying that I probably would have been tazed or physically apprehended sooner on account of my lack of ability to throw racial charges at the cops too.

A muddied acceptable use of force protocol, less than compliant (often encouraged) citizenry, and hesitation from officers is going to lead to more people dying, both citizens and officers.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

SFGbob said:

Did you miss the entire George Floyd bodycam video? The officer did restrain him as George Kirby was overdosing on Fetanyl. There were even 4 televised funerals for George Taylor.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

He is pretty good sized and you don't know if he already resisted being cuffed. See the Atlanta Wendy's shooting. Btw, one of the three appears to be a woman. Should she be wrestling around with him too?
    She's a cop as well, so yes she should. That's what they are trained to do.
  • Options

This can create a problem where cops might get physical too early, but I'd rather see a cop get physical too early, then becoming deadly by acting too late. Sometimes, acting early not only saves their lives, but also the suspect's life.

Good reasoning, but not gonna work today, especially in the current environment. Cops gets "too rough" in front of a crowd of homies, and that's "escalation," not "de-escalation," so the cop becomes fair game at that point.

That's the mentality they're dealing with today.
    In this current environment, early non lethal force helps the cops from possibly receiving a murder charge.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

SFGbob said:

Did you miss the entire George Floyd bodycam video? The officer did restrain him as George Kirby was overdosing on Fetanyl. There were even 4 televised funerals for George Taylor.
    Yes, but these cops also wouldn't have to grind their knee into the man's neck. Had they not put extended pressure on Floyd's neck, and he still happened to die, I'll be willing to bet they aren't facing murder charges right now. They would have to find another cause, as police force would be highly unlikely the reason.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

SFGbob said:

Yes, but these cops also wouldn't have to grind their knee into the man's neck. Had they not put extended pressure on Floyd's neck, and he still happened to die, I'll be willing to bet they aren't facing murder charges right now. They would have to find another cause, as police force would be highly unlikely the reason.
    There is only one of them with a knee on the neck. The other three are going to get acquitted. Chauvin might as well given Felonious Floyd’s toxicology report in the autopsy.

As @MikeDamone posted last week, the DA severely overcharged all of them.