Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen Cohen's letter to alums and fans

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dannarc said:

I wonder if Stalin will let me start a gardening bored??

Transition this shit before it's too late

Do you even hugelkultur bro?
    I'm clenching my hugels right now.

Huh?
    Supple hugels?
    A couple more reps and they will be.

Hit me up if you need recommendations on hugel balls!
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dannarc said:

There will be no board creation without board donation

I am poor Mr. Stalin, I am a landscaper, have mercy on me. All I am asking for is my own Bored, called The Pea Patch. Jump on this now before Husky Football and this website are a thing of the past.....When Husky Stadium is mere ruins, your website will draw in the masses for hot nostalgic Husky Football talk and square foot gardening ideas. We can grow the toughest pansies on this side of the SEC....
  • Options

dannarc said:

YES!!!!! It’s tim to plant fall bulbs for spring blooms BITCHES!!!!! 🌷🌷🌷🌷
    Don't forget your B vitamin and a little blood meal......

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    dannarc said:

dannarc said:

There will be no board creation without board donation

I am poor Mr. Stalin, I am a landscaper, have mercy on me. All I am asking for is my own Bored, called The Pea Patch. Jump on this now before Husky Football and this website are a thing of the past.....When Husky Stadium is mere ruins, your website will draw in the masses for hot nostalgic Husky Football talk and square foot gardening ideas. We can grow the toughest pansies on this side of the SEC....
    Well, we already grow the *biggest* pansies this side of the SEC...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    @dannarc, I love the fact I have a fellow gardener on the bored.

@DerekJohnson - how much of a donation are we talking about to start a bored?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,073
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The priority points thing is such a racket. You don't renew one year and you're back to 0. Ultimately it comes down to how much money you are willing to spend on a per year basis. I know people who went from the cheapest seats in the stadium to club husky, and priority had nothing to do with it. It was they were willing to pony up the cash to get into club husky. Priority points just meant the UW learned about this decision a few days after other season ticket holders. Giving people triple priority points will equate to moving a few seats over in their section.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,979
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm mostly joking, but if someone truly came to me wanting to start a board and have it named after them, they would probably need to be a Wam member for me to consider it.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Just requested a refund.

That's what I would have done.
  • Options
    Founders Club

7314 Aurora Ave N
    Seattle, WA 98103

August 14, 2020

Ms. Jennifer Cohen
    Athletic Director
    Washington Intercollegiate Athletics
    Department of Intercollegiate Athletics | University of Washington
    Box 354070, Graves Building, Seattle, WA 98195

Dear Ms. Cohen:

My offer is this: nothing.

Not even the $30.00 for parking in the E1 lot, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally.

Sincerely,

Doog_de_Jour

Cc: Derek Johnson, Hardcore Husky

address of the 7 11

clever
    I knew it the minute I saw it
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited August 2020

I'm mostly joking, but if someone truly came to me wanting to start a board and have it named after them, they would probably need to be a Wam member for me to consider it.
    Well, I was equally joking about bankrolling one. 😄 (Mostly 😏)

@dannarc - I’m up for some container gardening hawt talk if you want - we could start a thread on Rowboat’s board.
  • Options

@dannarc - I’m up for some container gardening hawt talk if you want - we could start a thread on Rowboat’s board.
    @Doog_de_Jour we could test the waters and if it takes off, maybe I can pony up the membership and we can give birth to The Pea Patch, gardening hawt talk and landscaping pro tips. Revolutionize this place for Husky Football end times, after all, when the dust settles, I want my raised bed on the 50yrd line.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dannarc said:

@Doog_de_Jour we could test the waters and if it takes off, maybe I can pony up the membership and we can give birth to The Pea Patch, gardening hawt talk and landscaping pro tips. Revolutionize this place for Husky Football end times, after all, when the dust settles, I want my raised bed on the 50yrd line.
    😅 Sweet. Though I seriously doubt a whole board on the subject would gain much traction with this group. However I do recall there was a lawn care thread a little while back that garnered some interest.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I'm more of a flower and herb gardener, but if y'all grow other stuff, sure I'll look and upvote your sexy zucchini and eggplant and melon pics.
    Oh, maybe that's a different topic.

Take it to the Tug Record Shoppe gardening thread @NoWarningJustDawg!
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,092
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Here is an update. I just received this email from Jacob. I opted to rollover everything. No refund, just let it ride.

I am reaching out to you regarding your submission for the Huskies All-In Campaign. I understand that you selected the credit rollover option for this year.

I wanted to talk to you about an option to donate just a portion of the total amount for 2020. This would allow you to take advantage of the triple priority points incentive and you would receive 100% tax deductibility on the amount you donate. Then the rest of the money would rollover to Fall 2021 (or Spring if applicable).

Here is an example for you:

Total - $1433
    Donate - $233
    Rollover - $1200

Let me know if that could work, if you would like to discuss any other options or if you have any questions on this.

Thank you for your support, and Go Dawgs!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,092
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    An update.

So many Husky fans have gone All In for Washington that we’re extending the deadline to Friday, September 4th, for you to join them in making a difference.

Support the education and development of 650 Husky student-athletes in 22 sports by donating your season ticket payment to Huskies All In. It’s the best investment you can make in the future of the Washington Athletic programs you know and love.

When you transition your seat-related gift and/or season ticket payment to a donation, you’ll earn triple priority points for your tax-deductible gift. Every dollar you give will directly support scholarships for the dedicated young women and men who give their all to Washington.

We’re counting on fans like you to pull us through and continue the positive momentum we’ve built together on Montlake. Make the right choice today!