Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen Cohen's letter to alums and fans

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Together in a Time of Crisis

Husky Nation,

I want to thank you for your patience and understanding over the last several months as we navigate the complexities of sponsoring intercollegiate athletics during the pandemic. Your support and passion for Husky Athletics motivate and inspire me and our staff as we continue to tackle the challenges ahead with optimism, enthusiasm and creativity.

After months of trying to balance the safety of our student-athletes with our teams’ desire to play this fall, the Pac-12 CEO’s, upon guidance from Pac-12 Medical Advisory Committee, has made the heartbreaking decision to postpone competition through the end of 2020, and will evaluate the feasibility of resuming competition in the coming months. We are beyond disappointed that our venues will sit empty this fall, waiting for the return of our student-athletes, coaches, and all of you—our loyal and loud fans and supporters.

Husky Athletics is facing the greatest financial challenge we have seen in our lifetime, and are going to need our incredible fan base to come alongside us and stay All In to help continue to carry on the positive momentum we have built together on Montlake. The impact of COVID-19 on our budget remains unclear but we could face losses up to $70 million. As we shared back in June, our department has implemented several cost-saving measures, including salary reductions, department-wide furloughs and significant operating cuts. We will continue to implement cost-saving measures in an effort to mitigate financial deficits, however, we won’t be able to close the gap without you.

With all the uncertainty it’s easy to lose sight that regardless of competition, we still have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of over 650 student-athletes. Our academic, medical, student development and mental health services are absolutely essential to the well-being and holistic development of our students. Now more than ever, our students need our support from our Husky family.

We are asking all Season Ticket Holders and Huskies everywhere to join us by participating in the Huskies All In Campaign. Your gift will go directly to supporting over $16 million in scholarships for 650 student-athletes and will ensure continued sponsorship of all 22 of our teams. Our broad-based success as an athletic department has been a long-standing point of pride for this community and it will take your support for us to maintain all of our beloved programs. Click below to learn more on how you can make an impact today.

We understand these are troubling times, and ask that you consider any level of support to be All In with Husky Athletics. Any and all gifts will make a difference!

Our community is unlike any other. I’ve grown up here. I’ve raised my family here, like so many of you. I have watched this community come together time and time again during adverse times. The Dawgs have brought us so many incredible moments and memories that span many generations. And now, we need to work and battle together to ensure those traditions live on in future years and for generations to come. The road ahead is daunting, but together, we can prevail. Mighty are the ones that wear the Purple and the Gold!

With gratitude,

Jennifer Cohen

Comments