Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jen Cohen's letter to alums and fans

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Four pages and not a single counter offer to Jen demanding she flash her puppies in exchange for $$$$$.

Sad.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

this policy of not acknowledging that fans are entitled to a refund if they so choose is just a class action suit waiting to happen

The form is a simple multiple choice bubble filling-in exercise with a submit button at the bottom. One of the three bubbles is refund. I don't know how much more explicitly you could offer a refund. To what policy are you referring?

If this place got any more edgelordian, I'd think I were hanging out with the goth kids from South Park.

The AD has been handed a shit sandwich, and they're holding their nose and eating it. I get making fun of it, and I get not wanting to pay for a nonexistent product (I'm not going to either), but I don't get all the anger. I've gotten emails from many of the struggling businesses I patronize asking for help from the community in order to prevent the doors from permanently closing. Hell, I just bought $150 worth of beer from one such Sarah McLachlandesque email sender just yesterday after a pretty pathetic plea for help. It's not unique to UW.

I get the distinct impression this bitterness has far more to do with open wounds from following a Skwaad that very suddenly became looserers in both revenue sports seemingly overnight in 2019 than with their completely predictable and common response to COVID in 2020.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    @Baseman and @Doog_de_Jour are spot on

The Athletic Departments have been getting the shaft in the financial coffers from the ineptitude of Larry Scott and the P12 Network

The latency and tone deafness of Jen in instituting budget cuts has just continued to expand the financial gaps ... as a leader she’s leading by example ... if she won’t take a substantial budget cut how can she ask anybody else to?

In the end it’s the cumulative effect ... the solution has been let’s hit up our rich alumni base to pay the bills instead of holding ourselves accountable. Without going full Tug, it’s the same situation we see with Seattle/King County/Washington government as a whole of the solution to everything is more taxes.

Until the AD operates in an efficient and lean matter that expresses that they have a collective hunger vs operating as far and happy cats these kinds of criticisms are 100% on point and on brand.
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,580
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

this policy of not acknowledging that fans are entitled to a refund if they so choose is just a class action suit waiting to happen

The form is a simple multiple choice bubble filling-in exercise with a submit button at the bottom. One of the three bubbles is refund. I don't know how much more explicitly you could offer a refund. To what policy are you referring?

If this place got any more edgelordian, I'd think I were hanging out with the goth kids from South Park.

The AD has been handed a shit sandwich, and they're holding their nose and eating it. I get making fun of it, and I get not wanting to pay for a nonexistent product (I'm not going to either), but I don't get all the anger. I've gotten emails from many of the struggling businesses I patronize asking for help from the community in order to prevent the doors from permanently closing. Hell, I just bought $150 worth of beer from one such Sarah McLachlandesque email sender just yesterday after a pretty pathetic plea for help. It's not unique to UW.

I get the distinct impression this bitterness has far more to do with open wounds from following a Skwaad that very suddenly became looserers in both revenue sports seemingly overnight in 2019 than with their completely predictable and common response to COVID in 2020.

ok, i stand corrected, all i saw was the letter which seemed to offer only the two choices and didn’t mention refund as option... i did not see the form
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Tequilla said:

The Athletic Departments have been getting the shaft in the financial coffers from the ineptitude of Larry Scott and the P12 Network

The latency and tone deafness of Jen in instituting budget cuts has just continued to expand the financial gaps ... as a leader she’s leading by example ... if she won’t take a substantial budget cut how can she ask anybody else to?

In the end it’s the cumulative effect ... the solution has been let’s hit up our rich alumni base to pay the bills instead of holding ourselves accountable. Without going full Tug, it’s the same situation we see with Seattle/King County/Washington government as a whole of the solution to everything is more taxes.

Until the AD operates in an efficient and lean matter that expresses that they have a collective hunger vs operating as far and happy cats these kinds of criticisms are 100% on point and on brand.

I agree with all this but will add one thing. The athletic departments have been getting the shaft, but whose fault is it that Backhand Larry is still in power? The universities could replace him but choose not to do so.
    Yep
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2020
    Incorrect. There is no option for refund for the seat-related tyee donation. There is only an option to roll it over to 2021. There is only a 3rd option for refund of the tickets and parking pass.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    LawDawg1 said:

. It was basically the same TVs Kim has in his bathroom.

Good to know. Might want to read my disclaimer. https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/32182/a-welcome-message-to-newcomers-revised-2-26-2020#latest
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The only way they're going to ever get out of the red is with new TV money.

Doing this to the fanbase is going to dry up these reservoirs, especially since the fans are more sensitive to poor products on the field than the TV stations.

The conference and the schools have no plan going forward except to get into more debt with the Pac-12 loan program.

This.

As I mentioned in another thread, if Cohen could work out some way to sneak in on this rumored (probably false one per the all knowing @MikeDamone) SEC/Super Conference one season deal *or* stage a Coup d'état against Larry Scott all will be forgiven and I’ll make my “All In” pledge TODAY!
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was right. REAL DAWGS just make it a donation and re up with fresh cash next year c
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Libs will always seek to increase taxes before they cut expenses. Always.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Donating the cost of the 2020 tickets isn’t an option for me. At the same time, as much as I want to say FO, give me a refund, I can’t bring myself to do it. I got to do a lot of cool shit in college because some other rich fucks opened up their check books. So I think UW can keep my money in the bank as a small token of my gratitude.

You should get a refund and donate it directly to rowboat.

My usual $ spent on football bullshit is going to Rugby's very modest scholarship fund.
    Psalm Wooching TYFYD!