Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Voter Fraud is a myth

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2020

Nobody says it’s a myth. People get caught every year.

The myth is that voter fraud is so widespread it justifies mass disenfranchisement or changes outcomes.

Don’t believe me? Just ask Trump. His own committee found nothing and he shut it down. The whole thing was a stunt to soothe his ego over losing the popular vote so bigly.

https://apnews.com/f5f6a73b2af546ee97816bb35e82c18d/Report:-Trump-commission-did-not-find-widespread-voter-fraud

How can you disenfranchise an illegal voter?

What study do you get your data from that the numbers are insignificant?

You need ID for everything. The idea that ID stops anyone with half a brain from voting is the REAL myth

ID?

How about shutting down the majority of polling places in large metropolitan areas.

Refusing to switch to mail ballots.

Purging voter rolls right before Election Day and refusing to count provisional ballots.

Nobody talking about ID or illegals here. I am talking about Americans.

If illegals are voting in massive numbers, where’s the proof? You have a FEELING. Not evidence.
    Figured Tommy would list a bunch of fucking lies. Which large metro area shut down a majority of their polling places you fucking liar.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2020

The p[roof is in the hands of the state that refuse to do the study. This is old news and no longer fools anyone. If someone can't vote they are too stupid to vote. I know the left needs stupid voters but we can't help everyone

https://heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/new-report-shows-widespread-non-citizen-voting-virginia

Proof. Posted here numerous times. Let's see California check the rolls. That is actually what American officials are supposed to do - protect the voter rolls.

https://npr.org/2019/02/26/697848417/some-noncitizens-do-wind-up-registered-to-vote-but-usually-not-on-purpose

But they didn't mean to

Hey if this is good for you then fine

Many people in Oregon, including me had their party affiliation changed to Democrat when they had their license renewed last year. So consequently I voted No for the Fire Bond and didn't vote for anyone else.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,183
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    SFGbob said:

The myth is that voter fraud is so widespread it justifies mass disenfranchisement or changes outcomes.

Don’t believe me? Just ask Trump. His own committee found nothing and he shut it down. The whole thing was a stunt to soothe his ego over losing the popular vote so bigly.

https://apnews.com/f5f6a73b2af546ee97816bb35e82c18d/Report:-Trump-commission-did-not-find-widespread-voter-fraud

The Dazzler has been calling it a myth for over 20 years.
    The next time I call voter fraud a myth will be the first. Voter impersonation at polling places is a myth, of course.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

How can you disenfranchise an illegal voter?

What study do you get your data from that the numbers are insignificant?

You need ID for everything. The idea that ID stops anyone with half a brain from voting is the REAL myth

ID?

How about shutting down the majority of polling places in large metropolitan areas.

Refusing to switch to mail ballots.

Purging voter rolls right before Election Day and refusing to count provisional ballots.

Nobody talking about ID or illegals here. I am talking about Americans.

If illegals are voting in massive numbers, where’s the proof? You have a FEELING. Not evidence.
    Again what study are you relying on?

Voter rolls should be purged routinely. Stops fraud

That's am impressive list of left wing loser myths you got
    We had a study. Trump’s own commission. They found nothing.

All you have is a Sledog meme and a FEELING. Get back to me when you have that evidence.
    That's not accurate because the states refused to cooperate. Gee I wonder why

So what study are you using? Where is your proof of the loser's lament you like to unleash here from time to time?
    My favorite part of your argument is that the burden of proof is on those who oppose the GOP disenfranchisement efforts to prove that there is no voter fraud.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I've always believed that somebody needs to actually prove material voter fraud before we go and make voting systematically more difficult in certain jurisdictions. I see a lot of funny memes about dead uncles voting, but nothing to substantiate that this is an actual widespread problem worthy of legislation.

Only anti-American dipshits try to decrease voting.
    Nobody is saying voter fraud is a myth.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

The next time I call voter fraud a myth will be the first. Voter impersonation at polling places is a myth, of course.

Speaking of strawmen.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    SFGbob said:
    What is impressive about this story Bob, is the fact it wasn't just one person. It was multiple rats in power. The political consultants and the candidates themselves, you know they had to know about it. Three years running and you can probably guess there is a lot more there than what was admitted to. That is a lot of guilty rats.

Every election cycle we find out more and more rats cheated and every time the rats on here come and act as if it is no big deal.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Speaking of strawmen.
    Madam, voter ID solves polling place voter impersonation. It's your proposed solution to something that has maybe happened a dozen times in the past 20 years in the entire United States in any election.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

SFGbob said:
    What is impressive about this story Bob, is the fact it wasn't just one person. It was multiple rats in power. The political consultants and the candidates themselves, you know they had to know about it. Three years running and you can probably guess there is a lot more there than what was admitted to. That is a lot of guilty rats.

Every election cycle we find out more and more rats cheated and every time the rats on here come and act as if it is no big deal.
    It’s not that it is no big deal. These people should be caught and stopped.

BUT, the handful of frauds doesn’t justify the overreaction.

Almost like how a few dead people doesn’t justify a shutdown.

IF IT STOPS ONE FRAUDULENT VOTE.

I thought numbers mattered?
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Focus lady! Voter ID would have prevented this how?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Speaking of strawmen.
    Madam, voter ID solves polling place voter impersonation. It's your proposed solution to something that has maybe happened a dozen times in the past 20 years in the entire United States in any election.
    What does your disdain of women really say about you?
  • Options

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Speaking of strawmen.
    What does your disdain of women really say about you?
    I'm sexy?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Speaking of strawmen.
    The next time I call only for voter ID to combat voter fraud will be the first. Fuck off Dazzler.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Focus lady! Voter ID would have prevented this how?
    Are you pretending the strawman is Tommy while you fuck it in the ass Dazzler?
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

SFGbob said:

It’s not that it is no big deal. These people should be caught and stopped.

BUT, the handful of frauds doesn’t justify the overreaction.

Almost like how a few dead people doesn’t justify a shutdown.

IF IT STOPS ONE FRAUDULENT VOTE.

I thought numbers mattered?
    You trust Chicago dems to police their own elections. Philly, NYC, California, Oregon, Jersey, St Louis, Detroit. I don't. I worked on campaigns, I know there is shady stuff going on. No way the fox reports on his own behavior in the hen house. The corruption never gets reported because the fox is watching the hen house. Every time you turn around democrats are taking more and more integrity away from the registration for the process that is the backbone of our democracy. California is a perfect example of where they are blurring the lines on registration. The margin for error is gigantic and as we know, illegals have been caught voting. Dead people have been caught voting and it is 95% of the time always illegal votes for democrats. That % doesn't happen by accident

This faulty party designation for absentee ballots this month in OR. It only happened to Republican registered voters. That was no accident. Again, it is democrats running the show.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Hey Dazzler, if a non-citizen registers to vote in California and then proceeds to vote in the next election what measure does the California state government use to make sure that ballot isn't counted?
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,128
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020
    These tweets on this bored from both sides that are supposed to be silver bullets that prove scandal in one party and tacitly exonerate the other are always fascinating to me.

I think the argument is that mail in voting leads to widespread fraud. I’m curious as to the instances which show that.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm guided by science and top mathematical models. If the few places that bother to check find illegals voting then the model clearly states that it is far more widespread than experts thought, according to experts.

I also predict a second wave of illegal voting this fall. Maybe 2 to 2.4 million dead votes cast

Calling it a minor issue would require the Secretary of State to actually do a study on the votes and voter rolls every 4 years or so. If one of you minimalists can link to the State of California study it would be appreciated.

Otherwise me and science win again
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

I'm guided by science and top mathematical models. If the few places that bother to check find illegals voting then the model clearly states that it is far more widespread than experts thought, according to experts.

I also predict a second wave of illegal voting this fall. Maybe 2 to 2.4 million dead votes cast

Calling it a minor issue would require the Secretary of State to actually do a study on the votes and voter rolls every 4 years or so. If one of you minimalists can link to the State of California study it would be appreciated.

Otherwise me and science win again

Yeah I'd love to see that study as well.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our out of state experts here know more about how California registers voters than we do