Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Hop Loses Out

Comments

• Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Seattle metro hoops is massively overrated in my opinion

Lots of dudes can play ... no question about that

But there have been a lot of dudes coming out of Seattle that play super selfish individual ball that flames out

For all those that like to say the local kids want to put on for their school, family, and friends locally ... historically that hasn’t been true in hoops other than for fits and starts

I like to blame the players but not the coach that recruited said players. That’s what I like to do.
    Hop deserves plenty of ire for this shit show

But unless you fuckers that want him fired are prepared to pony up the $$$ to buy him out ... then you can LIPO
    I don’t want him fired. That’s a pretty good reason why you should want him fired.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

See 54 new posts in the "Hop sucks donkey balls" thread.

Hope all the activity means Hop's been fired.

Read thread.

Remember why I rarely come to the b-ball bored.

Look for bleach and a shot glass.

50+ new comments!!!!

Here I thought there would be some new take or information about Hop leaving or something, instead its Tommy trying to run Teq's ass and a "discussion" on the local talent UW doesnt recruit

Thread plays out as about the same as the basketball season did; decent start, issues but still some promise, absolute shit show collapse, Roadie trying to carry the thread like Stewart, more collapse, apathy
    I just like to help doogs find their way back home to Doogman where they can really shine.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,816
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

Read thread.

50+ new comments!!!!

Here I thought there would be some new take or information about Hop leaving or something, instead its Tommy trying to run Teq's ass and a "discussion" on the local talent UW doesnt recruit

Thread plays out as about the same as the basketball season did; decent start, issues but still some promise, absolute shit show collapse, Roadie trying to carry the thread like Stewart, more collapse, apathy
    I just like to help doogs find their way back home to Doogman where they can really shine.
    To put this in perspective, this squad would give its left nut for a Ryan Appleby right now.

Think about that. Ryan Fucking Appleby is a value-add to the shit show that Hop has cobbled together.

I mean, I love me some gritty whiteboy guards but when Apples is what you'd plug in right this second as an upgrade, that's just wrong.

With the right team, Apples would be a weapon playing 15-20 minutes a game.

If I were a coach, I would be a huge premium on shooting. Having multiple guys that can get hot from outside really helps teams avoid scoring lulls.
    Pretty much the Gonzaga model. If you can't shoot, you're not getting in the gym. The last Zag I remember who couldn't shoot was Errol Knight and that was probably pushing 15 years ago.

• Options

Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

Read thread.

50+ new comments!!!!

To put this in perspective, this squad would give its left nut for a Ryan Appleby right now.

Think about that. Ryan Fucking Appleby is a value-add to the shit show that Hop has cobbled together.

I mean, I love me some gritty whiteboy guards but when Apples is what you'd plug in right this second as an upgrade, that's just wrong.

Before CJ Wilcox he was the best 3 point shooter in school history, hell maybe the best considering he had fewer seasons at UW, I don’t care enough to check. I don’t think that’s saying a lot that he would be an upgrade on a team with only 1 actual shooter, who also happens to be a true freshman playing limited minutes. Apples was a valued piece on one of our best teams. I’d take an Appleby type every year if I could. Teams that can’t shoot suck. This team can’t shoot.
    BRoy, Appleby, Burmeister, Brockman, Wolfinger, Wallace, Gasser - all local boys. Sweet 16.

Year before - BRoy, Simmons, Nate, Conroy, Jensen.....Sweet 16

But 'historically' the local talent sucks. Right?

During that stretch we had multiple players poached by other big time D-1 programs too. Several went on to national championships and/or NBA careers.

But yeah, no local talent...

#TequillaFS
  • Options

Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

Read thread.

50+ new comments!!!!

Before CJ Wilcox he was the best 3 point shooter in school history, hell maybe the best considering he had fewer seasons at UW, I don’t care enough to check. I don’t think that’s saying a lot that he would be an upgrade on a team with only 1 actual shooter, who also happens to be a true freshman playing limited minutes. Apples was a valued piece on one of our best teams. I’d take an Appleby type every year if I could. Teams that can’t shoot suck. This team can’t shoot.
    Yep. Imagine having Stewart and 4 guys that could shoot. Then you might have something. The shitty teams that do damage in the tournament normally have multiple guys that can get hot.

It’s not like Virginia always has lock down defenders, but they have a team scheme that locks down the other team every single year. Defense is an effort and positioning thing more than having lock down defenders. A lock down, man defender that doesn’t play team defense hurts you more often than not. The zone also leads to shitty rebounding when your guards aren’t blocking out guys on the perimeter. We get destroyed by giving teams 2nd and third opportunities because of offensive rebounds.

You pack the paint and let the shitty shooters on opposing teams fire up threes. I don’t think it’s as hard to do as most teams make it.
    BRB, JO

For real, though. A single quality big man and 4 shooters with decent athleticism would be my ideal CBB lineup.

That was the recipe for Romar’s best teams, Louisville’s last natty team, Nova’s recent natty, and most successful Gonzaga teams.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020

Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

Read thread.

50+ new comments!!!!

He might have been the best pure shooter but he hit like one clutch three in his entire career. Last two minutes of the fourth quarter he was an automatic miss.

He was the Jake Browning of shooters.

Give me Tre Simmons all day erry day over Apples. Or even just Nate or B Roy's shooting ability (obviously anyone takes their entire game over Apples).

Throbber's point is legit but I hated that floppy haired hobbit.

Aaron Brooks was right, IMO.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club