Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Hop Loses Out

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla still dooging for Hop.

Not dooging per se

But I’ve seen Hop pull guys aside to be coached up, pulled from games, benched, call guys out in the media, and it seems like nothing is getting through.

It’s alarming on many levels ... but I’m also not prepared to fire someone I think is a good coach because of a year where everything has gone wrong

Now, if things look like a disaster next year ... then let’s revisit things at that point
    Go jump off the Montlake Bridge you fucking doog,

JFC. Don’t you have another website to go post on.

LEAVE.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Not dooging per se

But I’ve seen Hop pull guys aside to be coached up, pulled from games, benched, call guys out in the media, and it seems like nothing is getting through.

It’s alarming on many levels ... but I’m also not prepared to fire someone I think is a good coach because of a year where everything has gone wrong

Now, if things look like a disaster next year ... then let’s revisit things at that point

LEAVE.
    Go fuck yourself you piece of shit
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Seattle metro hoops is massively overrated in my opinion

Lots of dudes can play ... no question about that

But there have been a lot of dudes coming out of Seattle that play super selfish individual ball that flames out

For all those that like to say the local kids want to put on for their school, family, and friends locally ... historically that hasn’t been true in hoops other than for fits and starts

umm teq what is your greater point with this?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,775
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

But there have been a lot of dudes coming out of Seattle that play super selfish individual ball that flames out

For all those that like to say the local kids want to put on for their school, family, and friends locally ... historically that hasn’t been true in hoops other than for fits and starts

He's standing up for his boi Hop. Teq is a noted zone pimp.

In pickup ball.

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I really liked Hopkins but this past month has been a massive disaster. Romar flamed out going after the one and dones and he's about to. I don't know if he needs to be fired but it's pretty hard to argue against at this point. I don't get to see many games, but there is no cohesion and team chemistry, there's a lack of effort, and these prima donnas play for themselves. He would have been better going after the decent three star guys and following the Gonfaga way.

Gonzaga has figured out it is a 3 legged stool to be successful at the highest level: attract 3-/4-star and above recruits out of high school, throw in a couple international players and round out with a couple of transfers each year based on need.

Unless you're Kentucky or Duke, the one and done mentality is shit for building consistency.

I would love to see Randy Bennett at UW because he could do something very similar. A bunch of 3/4 year players and foreigners, some of those that end up very, very good.

The most valuable player in CBB is the three year player that starts or so tributes right away and is a seat by his last season.

The number fiasco is stupid, but it probably did okay a little bit of an affect regarding team morale. All players have to be treated the same other than playing time. Of you can’t do that, your teams will have negative aspects happen because of it.
    Brian Dutcher at SDSU is another. They more toward the African international player instead of the Aussie/Euro guys but same concept. He might be getting a little long in the tooth but also recruited the Fab 5 so he knows how Starbucks cups with money work.

I wouldn’t worry about age. If you can get 8 years out of a coach that’s great. You hire a young guy and he’s probably leaving if he has success anyways.

The SDSU coach would be great. He has west coast ties (which is crucial) and supplements that with foreign connections which is another thing we have never had.

Grad transfers and transfers in general are like one and dones. Just avoid them unless you have the infrastructure to support them. We don’t have that at UW now so we are seeing why it does us no good.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

There’s always this narrative that Seattle is this hot bed of hoops ... there are lots of very good players

UW has never really been the primary school of choice for the local kids ... that’s been true across multiple UW coaches

Most of the best players that this area has produced has gone elsewhere

I’m not super crazy about the general mindset that has come out locally tied to the local AAU level ... lots of kids playing individually and not tied to the team

Who is the last Seattle area kid that really did anything of consequence in college? Payton Siva?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

There’s always this narrative that Seattle is this hot bed of hoops ... there are lots of very good players

UW has never really been the primary school of choice for the local kids ... that’s been true across multiple UW coaches

I’m not super crazy about the general mindset that has come out locally tied to the local AAU level ... lots of kids playing individually and not tied to the team

Who is the last Seattle area kid that really did anything of consequence in college? Payton Siva?
    o i c

I disagree with your underlying premise, respectfully of course my good sir, but i do think you raise a potentially interesting point about local AAU culture. but then again isn't that the culture of every AAU team in general? and how do you suggest we pivot recruiting then?

a b cya
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I like to blame the players but not the coach that recruited said players. That’s what I like to do.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

There are literally only two scholarship players from Seattle even eligible to play this year.

There are plenty players from Seattle playing well elsewhere.

This team was good with Seattle players last year.

Seattle players aren't the problem unless you're talking about Hop's inability to recruit them.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,208
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Hop is hot fuck boi trash coach
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Not dooging per se

LEAVE.
    Fuck off doog. We didn’t want you at HHB. We don’t want you here.

The fact that you haven’t figured that out is cringe worthy.

Go suck Hop’s dick, you LIPO wanna be TUFF guy.

With respect...
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

o i c

I disagree with your underlying premise, respectfully of course my good sir, but i do think you raise a potentially interesting point about local AAU culture. but then again isn't that the culture of every AAU team in general? and how do you suggest we pivot recruiting then?

a b cya
    I don’t have a great solution unfortunately and you are right that the attitudes tend to show up in AAU systems across the country

Where I’d lean to is finding those AAU or HS programs that practice the values that you find important in a team as well as probably getting a little more into the International scene
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I like to blame the players but not the coach that recruited said players. That’s what I like to do.
    Hop deserves plenty of ire for this shit show

But unless you fuckers that want him fired are prepared to pony up the $$$ to buy him out ... then you can LIPO
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Not dooging per se

LEAVE.
    Fuck off doog. We didn’t want you at HHB. We don’t want you here.

The fact that you haven’t figured that out is cringe worthy.

Go suck Hop’s dick, you LIPO wanna be TUFF guy.

With respect...
    FUCK OFF

Until some of you idiot fucks realize you do more harm than good all you are is a bunch of fucktards that nobody with any level of pull give two cents about

You want Hop gone? Pay the fucking $$$ to buy his ass out. But your speed is way more acting like a petulant child kicking and screaming without actually solving any problems.

• Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Hop deserves plenty of ire for this shit show

But unless you fuckers that want him fired are prepared to pony up the $$$ to buy him out ... then you can LIPO
    In other words...HE HAS A CONTACT!!1!

The doog playbook. As if we wouldn’t notice.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

There are literally only two scholarship players from Seattle even eligible to play this year.

Seattle players aren't the problem unless you're talking about Hop's inability to recruit them.
    My point is that there’s a laundry list of top Seattle players ... typically the ones with lengthy NBA careers ... that didn’t go to UW

Over the last 5-10 years by and large the best local players that have come to UW have been 1 and done ... the exceptions being IT, Thybulle, and Nowell

We recruit the 2nd tier local kids (like the Wazzu guys) and the complaints become that Hop isn’t recruiting well enough (and let’s be fair here the Cougs are still a below .500 P12 team) ... when those guys look good getting big minutes on a shitty team they become why didn’t we recruit them stories

It’s probably fair to say Hop needs to do better locally ... but I don’t look at this team as a sign that his ability to get talent is the issue. I see the issues being lack of consistent performance, effort levels, playing for each other ... basically a number of little things that win games

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

My point is that there’s a laundry list of top Seattle players ... typically the ones with lengthy NBA careers ... that didn’t go to UW

Over the last 5-10 years by and large the best local players that have come to UW have been 1 and done ... the exceptions being IT, Thybulle, and Nowell

We recruit the 2nd tier local kids (like the Wazzu guys) and the complaints become that Hop isn’t recruiting well enough (and let’s be fair here the Cougs are still a below .500 P12 team) ... when those guys look good getting big minutes on a shitty team they become why didn’t we recruit them stories

It’s probably fair to say Hop needs to do better locally ... but I don’t look at this team as a sign that his ability to get talent is the issue. I see the issues being lack of consistent performance, effort levels, playing for each other ... basically a number of little things that win games

IT, Thybulle and Nowell aren't *exceptions*, they're literally as many of them as there are one and done local kids in that time span (Wroten, Murray and Jaden).

50% of the best local players of the past decade is not an exception.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Tequilla said:

IT, Thybulle and Nowell aren't *exceptions*, they're literally as many of them as there are one and done local kids in that time span (Wroten, Murray and Jaden).

50% of the best local players of the past decade is not an exception.
    Taking your comments at face value ... that’s 3 kids in 10 years for the program

Not a number to rely on in building a program