Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Jimmy lands Costello...

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This is a healthy KJ Costello vs UCF last year. Watch this and tell me this is a guy you want leading UW’s offense:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-gt3vqpWBU

He looks like utter dogshit.

He was injured in the opener. This is him trying to play through it.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If you take away all Player X’s good games he really sucked!
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This is a healthy KJ Costello vs UCF last year. Watch this and tell me this is a guy you want leading UW’s offense:

No. He got hit in the head in the opener.

Missed the USC game and then was cleared for play against UCF. Apparently Furd thought he was fine, cause he threw it 44 times, played all 4 Q’s and took off running multiple times. Teams don’t let their QB’s “play through” head injuries... he was fine, he just sucked.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

We’ll re-visit this thread. KJ Costello is an average college QB and he’ll prove it in the SEC.

Idk why you all have such wild wood for the guy...

The Dawgs need to give the ball to a guy in the program and rely on their coaching to get him where he needs to be for the program to be successful. I don’t care to bring in 1 year guys... Costello wasn’t leading next year’s squad to serious success... And all it does is stunt the growth of a QB who can down the road, and who knows... maybe we’ll catch lightning in a bottle with one of them next year. What does that say about our QB development if we bring in 4x 4-star QB’s and not one of em is any good? Costello doesn’t fix that problem if that’s actually the case and all it does is carry the problem over to the next year.

I so know you're type, and Lawrence is right - our? fanbase is full of them. But none of them I know has quite your retarded takes, so you're in a class by yourself.
  • Options

And I can cherry pick stats showing his good games

He is an experienced Pac 12 QB who beat both Washington and Oregon unlike the refuse on our roster picked by a guy that thought Cyler Miles was the answer

There was no downside only upside to getting him. Unless you're a doog

There’s downside.

You bring him in, he performs worse than Eason (which is likely in my estimation), and we’re no closer to developing a QB we already have in the program.

And what does it tell your team? You don’t have faith in the guys you recruited, and you don’t have faith in their brothers that they’ve spent the last 2-3 years fighting with to get their chance.
    It tells them: "be good or we'll find someone is."

Pretty simple.
  • Options
    Oh look CreepyCoug being a fucking weirdo following every one my posts mid morning.

Go be obsessed with someone else. Better yet, like I said, find a different hobby. Sitting inside all day obsessing over a Husky board can’t be doing you any favors in your life.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Oh look CreepyCoug being a fucking weirdo following every one my posts mid morning.

Go be obsessed with someone else. Better yet, like I said, find a different hobby. Sitting inside all day obsessing over a Husky board can’t be doing you any favors in your life.

Imagine posting in the Husky Football Forum on Hard Core Husky. Imagine.

But, yes, I'm following you around you unmitigated dolt.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I was upset about missing on Costello until BroadcastingDawg weighed in.

Now I'm pissed we missed on him.

It's the George Costanza rule.

But with that said, stop being so mean.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

No. He got hit in the head in the opener.

Missed the USC game and then was cleared for play against UCF. Apparently Furd thought he was fine, cause he threw it 44 times, played all 4 Q’s and took off running multiple times. Teams don’t let their QB’s “play through” head injuries... he was fine, he just sucked.
    If by hit in the head you mean he had a concussion, then yes.

And teams have never let players come back from concussions too early, touché.

Never mind the whole team looked like shit you are again cherry picking one game. Which was his first game back from injury on the road as a big underdog.

I was on team slow your roll Costello isn’t a guarantee and he might not even win the job but you are way off base trying to convince yourself he always sucked.
    He's going to go down in flames with this, yet another, hot take. There was one about a good statement game loss in the Husky BB forum that was especially special, especially considering where they are now.

But, doogs gonna doog.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I love a smell of a fresh doog
  • Options
    The whole point according to you guys having Costello come in to lead us to the promise land... if not why bring him here?

He’s prone to having totally shit games. You want the Huskies to sniff the playoff next year? Costello dropping total stinkers that lead to a 2-3 loss season is what would have happened.

And no, I didn’t cherry pick one game... in 3-game stretch he went 6 of 17 for 105 yards and 21 of 44 for 199 yards. That’s not winning football from an experienced player.

I’d rather develop a QB over that time than be left with another meaningless season led by a transfer QB that leads into another year of having no idea who our QB is going to be.
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

I love a smell of a fresh doog

... in the morning.

And this retard doesn't need napalm to get himself burning.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The whole point according to you guys having Costello come in to lead us to the promise land... if not why bring him here?

He’s prone to having totally shit games. You want the Huskies to sniff the playoff next year? Costello dropping total stinkers that lead to a 2-3 loss season is what would have happened.

And no, I didn’t cherry pick one game... in 3-game stretch he went 6 of 17 for 105 yards and 21 of 44 for 199 yards. That’s not winning football from an experienced player.

I’d rather develop a QB over that time than be left with another meaningless season led by a transfer QB that leads into another year of having no idea who our QB is going to be.

Take your L and go home like real incel
  • Options
    I don’t believe Costello has “always sucked” I believe he is an average QB who won’t lead us anywhere further than Eason did and will stunt the program as a result.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Imagine fighting over the Mississippi State quarterback.

#MyKJ pulled himself up by his jockstrap

• Options

But, but, but what will the Husky QBs and their brothers think!!