Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Jimmy lands Costello...

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Husky fans: "We only have two Elite-11 quarterbacks and one Elite-11 finalist in the quarterbacks room. Our QB situation is terrible."
    95% of college football fans: "Fuuuuuuuuuuck you."

We may hate the guys because the two last year didn't beat out Haener or because neither did jack shit in a game, but the NFL guys who worked with them at these camps thought they were good enough to build an offense around, and there are three to choose from. If you can't make it work with at least one of them, it's time to look at the offense. In the meantime, Costello gives you a third Elite-11 QB on the roster, so would seem to up these odds even more. That's a good thing, but I still think it's selling the other three a bit short to say with certainty that they're shit.

We've had elite quarterbacks since the Swede

Except they weren't

Same guy picked what we have now
    I think you're confusing picking bad quarterbacks with picking good/bad/who knows quarterbacks and breaking them. He picked Jacob Eason, too, then made him look like shit. I'm ready to see what all of these guys can do with different coaching.

Really, the quarterback I'm most excited about in the spring is Garbers, as he'll be the only one who won't have to unlearn a year or two of whatever the fuck the quarterbacks have been getting for six years. If they get Costello, same for him.
    Fair

So instead of the Jimmies and the Joes it is just The Jimmy that has to produce. If all our Qbs sucked - and that term is always too strong but it works here - then it is not unreasonable to look for other causes.

I just want to eliminate the scourge of pretty good or not bad.

When Jimmy took over defensive play calling I was told he wasn't that bad maybe even pretty good. Now its Kwat is back and he never should have gone

We had a pretty good O line that wasn't bad most of last season until everyone got on board that they suck and Huff may be over his head

Good is the enemy of great which again doesn't apply to posters here who want great. It applies to management

Despite DDY going off the deep end criticism of OKG and Petersen was warranted. Did we ditch that or is Jimmy under orders to keep the same recruiting philosophy

I'm rambling now. What am I a rebel against? What do you have?

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Eklund says Costello sucks. He put up good stats by just chucking the ball up in the air and having his receivers make miraculous catches.

The whole trio keeps complaining that taking a grad transfer football player is "beneath Washington's academic reputation"

Costello is pretty good, but he did just throw a shitload of jump balls. That was Stanford’s offense. Run for 3 yards on first and 2nd down and throw a 50-50 ball on third.
    Also run the entire first half until they are down 2-3 scores then throw to try to comeback but run out of time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Eklund says Costello sucks. He put up good stats by just chucking the ball up in the air and having his receivers make miraculous catches.

The whole trio keeps complaining that taking a grad transfer football player is "beneath Washington's academic reputation"

This is exactly what I am talking about
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kj lost his starting spot let's not forget
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Husky fans: "We only have two Elite-11 quarterbacks and one Elite-11 finalist in the quarterbacks room. Our QB situation is terrible."
    95% of college football fans: "Fuuuuuuuuuuck you."

We may hate the guys because the two last year didn't beat out Haener or because neither did jack shit in a game, but the NFL guys who worked with them at these camps thought they were good enough to build an offense around, and there are three to choose from. If you can't make it work with at least one of them, it's time to look at the offense. In the meantime, Costello gives you a third Elite-11 QB on the roster, so would seem to up these odds even more. That's a good thing, but I still think it's selling the other three a bit short to say with certainty that they're shit.

A lot of "elite" players on an 8-5 team
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    Gladstone said:

Costello is pretty good, but he did just throw a shitload of jump balls. That was Stanford’s offense. Run for 3 yards on first and 2nd down and throw a 50-50 ball on third.
    That Costello threw the ball up for his big dawgs to snatch should be a point of praise, not criticism. Eklund can fuck his own fat, poor face. W/ respect.
    Yes and no. It’s fucking beautiful watching a QB just pick apart a defense with mostly his mind. Burrow comes to mind. Tua as well. He made some great throws, but a lot of it was just being so in sync with his offense, taking the easy ones, hitting the open man, buying time, etc. Throwing tons of jump balls isn’t a recipe for consistent success.
  • Options
    MontlakeDonMontlakeDon Member Posts: 52
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Lmfao at all the doogs in here thinking Costello is better than Eason. Retards. At this point build for the future, our QBs are talented, and if our entire QB room sucks that’s because they either have bad coaches or our staff is bad at evaluating QB recruits. Costello couldn’t even win his job back on a garbage stanford team
  • Options
    MontlakeDonMontlakeDon Member Posts: 52
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gladstone said:

That Costello threw the ball up for his big dawgs to snatch should be a point of praise, not criticism. Eklund can fuck his own fat, poor face. W/ respect.
    Yes and no. It’s fucking beautiful watching a QB just pick apart a defense with mostly his mind. Burrow comes to mind. Tua as well. He made some great throws, but a lot of it was just being so in sync with his offense, taking the easy ones, hitting the open man, buying time, etc. Throwing tons of jump balls isn’t a recipe for consistent success.
    Yeah, Costello is on the same level as Tua and Burrow JFC
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know Ive beat this game into the ground, but its the only one I saw him in person. When we lost to them @Stanford in 2017 he was not just throwing the ball up, he was threading needles and making Browning look like a high schooler. He then went on and lit up 2018 before injury. I want him yesterday.

I saw the same thing
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Costello is actually a QB with big balls that won’t check down and crumble under pressure. At least I hope he is.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Per Eklund, Costello to Piss State