Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Jimmy lands Costello...

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Per Eklund, Costello to Piss State

In the bag.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Costello is actually a QB with big balls that won’t check down and crumble under pressure. At least I hope he is.

Are we preferring big balls to big dicks now?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Hurtful again, man.

• Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Emoterman said:

Costello is actually a QB with big balls that won’t check down and crumble under pressure. At least I hope he is.

Are we preferring big balls to big dicks now?
    I think a power bottom could get us back to the playoffs.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So there’s hope?
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,018
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    This dude DJ is looking for any excuse to Doog.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's so ridiculous. If KJ wasnt an option everyone would gargling about sirmon or Garbers but because there's an unkown out there he instantly becomes the savior? Bring him in if possible and if he wins it great but if Lake promises the starter spot and doesn't make it a competition then hes no better than Pete
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

It's so ridiculous the UW fan script. If KJ wasnt an option everyone would gargling about sirmon or Garbers but because there's an unkown out there he instantly becomes the savior? Bring him in if possible and if he wins it great but if Lake promises the starter spot and doesn't make it a competition then hes no better than Pete

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Canadawg said:

It's so ridiculous. If KJ wasnt an option everyone would gargling about sirmon or Garbers but because there's an unkown out there he instantly becomes the savior? Bring him in if possible and if he wins it great but if Lake promises the starter spot and doesn't make it a competition then hes no better than Pete

Where is this narrative coming from that Costello is being promised the job? And why the fuck would anyone gargle over Sirmon or Garbers?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Who are you talking to?
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    a lot of people in this thread about coming pretty close to this foul. I don't see a lot of posts claiming Costello is a savior or going too crazy about Sirmon/Morris/Garbers.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s sad we have been so shitty at evaluating and developing the right QB’s. We will be 8-4 without Costello. With Costello, I’ll lean towards 10-2. I don’t see is having an actually good offense no matter what, but we need some competence there.

I am hopeful that Jimmy will run the ball more and try and be more aggressive up front than Pete was. That’s not really the trend in CFB, but that seems like the best route for our personnel.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Morris was catching Sirmon. Costello is the perfect stop gap before Huard comes to town.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I dont remember kj being very mobile. I know it's not the offense they run but ideally I want someone who can scramble effectively. It's so unnecessary to have a QB who can't both throw and run these days.

That would be ideal but Sirmon and Morris aren’t gonna run either. Might as well get the best at what they can do, and that is Costello by a wide margin. I know we haven’t seen Sirmon or Morris but c’mon. If you can’t get it done vs Woodinville, you aren’t getting it done in the PAC 12.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oklahoma sends a transfer QB to the award ceremony every year. What’s the problem with that?

Is Lincoln Reilly walking in the door some time soon?
    So only he can do it?

This is the UW mentality

Also known as a loser mentality

Who the fuck cares how? Just win.

We dont need transfers. We dont need JC players. We don't need anything to remain relentlessly mediocre

Fuck that

Jimmy better be sleeping in the office now figuring every fucking angle

This isnt intramurals brother. This is D1 football
    I don’t know anything about intramural sports at UW, Race. I’ve been in the IMA like twice.

I don’t understand the disagreement. I said earlier in the thread that I just want to win now baby and if Costello can help us do that then so be it.

I’m just not expecting him to win the Heisman- i.e., Lincoln Reilly magic.

It used to be said in these parts only losers worship the QB position.
    It’s not about worship. It’s about improvement at the most important position. Mediocre can get us a shorty Rose Bowl. I have serious doubts Sirmon and/or Morris teaming up with Donovan. With Costello, the potential of a Rose Bowl returns.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

This team is pretty set to beat Michigan week one at every position save for the most important one. We just need slightly above average QB play. Costello at a minimum is a sure thing for that.

Getting him would be huge. Make no mistake. All of this tldr pontificating is stupid.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I want Costello because I think Sirmon sucks. Nobody is fighting to win for that dork. Sure he’s got the measurable, but he’s a mental weakling playing the most mentally intense position in all of sports. I hope he portals.

Get all the screenshots you need.