Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Jimmy lands Costello...

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,591
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm more willing to give him a pass for botching the OC hire

You need what Costello has upstairs to beat Michigan. He's a tough competitor, plenty of big game experience.
    I like his competitiveness and fire. He was always seen yelling at and trying to amp up his teammates on the sideline. The idea of KJ, Puka and Big Dick Newt screaming, yelling and showing some juice would be huge for the psyche of this offensive. A little energy and passion could go a long way towards achieving the right mentality to maul and punish their opponents. I want this offense to do to others what Stanford did to UW this year. That was demoralizing to watch. Costello has something between the ears that Eason doesn't and he has never been coached by Pete or anyone from the Pete tree. Watch the SU@OU game in 2018. Nuff said.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

You need what Costello has upstairs to beat Michigan. He's a tough competitor, plenty of big game experience.
    True. Seen him play great when Stanford was behind. He makes big throws. My only complaint would be that most of his big throws were jump balls to Arcegia-Whiteside or their always huge TE’s.
    I think the bar at UW is much lower than that. Browning fucked us with a stupid option fumble against Auburn and throwing a pick 6 before halftime against Alabama.

We need a guy who wont pee his pants when its crunch time with a little plus athleticism. College football can be remarkably simple when you have quality players who don't fuck up.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

I like his competitiveness and fire. He was always seen yelling at and trying to amp up his teammates on the sideline. The idea of KJ, Puka and Big Dick Newt screaming, yelling and showing some juice would be huge for the psyche of this offensive. A little energy and passion could go a long way towards achieving the right mentality to maul and punish their opponents. I want this offense to do to others what Stanford did to UW this year. That was demoralizing to watch. Costello has something between the ears that Eason doesn't and he has never been coached by Pete or anyone from the Pete tree. Watch the SU@OU game in 2018. Nuff said.
    Agree. Eason's lack of mobility was a huge issue, but so was his slow processing speed. He also made Jake Browning look charismatic.

Give me a good athlete and competitor, who understands the game and makes other players believe they can win the game when the chips are down.

We have not had that in 20 years. Offseason natty in progress.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,591
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

True. Seen him play great when Stanford was behind. He makes big throws. My only complaint would be that most of his big throws were jump balls to Arcegia-Whiteside or their always huge TE’s.
    I like the idea of KJ to Puka. KJC has a way of throwing a very favorable 50/50 ball and Puka is a high point receiver. The two of them in tandem could be really hard to stop. Otton is also pretty good at catching with his hands. I'd be pretty stoked with this move. UW needs a minimum of ten wins this year or the vultures start circling. Get it done Jimmy!
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We will be 8-4 with Costello or without him, I will doog out until we lose to Michigan and then by end of November will be thinking I want to give up on Husky Football.

Why and how should 1 QB come in make us vie for a PAC12 title?

at USC, Ore, Utah, and if we go to the desert - we suck at those locations, well Utah...
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I dont remember kj being very mobile. I know it's not the offense they run but ideally I want someone who can scramble effectively. It's so unnecessary to have a QB who can't both throw and run these days.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I read here that it was over and Jimmy was a disaster. People were not renewing tickets and quitting Husky Football forever.

Like fucking retarded children.
  • Options

I don't like the idea of becoming reliant upon transfer QBs. But we need to win big and win now and if Costello gives us the best hope then so be it.

Pete fucked us by not putting down Oregon when they were reeling and now pop offing and winning off season natties.

Taking one transfer is not relying on transfer QBs
  • Options
    TommySQC said:

I don't like the idea of becoming reliant upon transfer QBs. But we need to win big and win now and if Costello gives us the best hope then so be it.

Pete fucked us by not putting down Oregon when they were reeling and now pop offing and winning off season natties.

I'm a fucking tard. Nm
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Agree...on first paragraph. But at MSU. Me.

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I like the idea of KJ to Puka. KJC has a way of throwing a very favorable 50/50 ball and Puka is a high point receiver. The two of them in tandem could be really hard to stop. Otton is also pretty good at catching with his hands. I'd be pretty stoked with this move. UW needs a minimum of ten wins this year or the vultures start circling. Get it done Jimmy!
    No they wont
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

I dont remember kj being very mobile. I know it's not the offense they run but ideally I want someone who can scramble effectively. It's so unnecessary to have a QB who can't both throw and run these days.

That would be ideal but Sirmon and Morris aren’t gonna run either. Might as well get the best at what they can do, and that is Costello by a wide margin. I know we haven’t seen Sirmon or Morris but c’mon. If you can’t get it done vs Woodinville, you aren’t getting it done in the PAC 12.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,052
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

What would you call having two 1 year starter transfer QBs in a row?

But let’s not get the cart ahead of the horse.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2020