Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If Jimmy lands Costello...

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020

I don’t believe Costello has “always sucked” I believe he is an average QB who won’t lead us anywhere further than Eason did and will stunt the program as a result.

Doesn't it tell you something about our current QB's that the new head coach, who has complete job security and doesn't need to "win now" to save his job, has gone hard after two grad transfer QB's?

I didn't feel good about Sirmon and Morris (though I like Gerbers a lot) before all of this. But if I did this would cause me to reevaluate.

Obviously the coaches who see these guys on a daily basis don't think they can get it done.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited February 2020
    Lol it’s actually hilarious to see you idiots squirm over someone that could care less about what you think.

Call me a retard all you want Creep, maybe PurpleBaze will give you a high five and add to that internet clout you so badly seek on a board nobody gives a fuck about.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I don’t believe Costello has “always sucked” I believe he is an average QB who won’t lead us anywhere further than Eason did and will stunt the program as a result.

Doesn't it tell you something about our current QB's that the new head coach, ho has complete job security and doesn't need to "win now" to save his job, has gone hard after two grad transfer QB's?

I didn't feel good about Sirmon and Morris (though I like Gerbers a lot) before all of this. But if I did this would cause me to reevaluate.

Obviously the coaches who see these guys on a daily basis don't think they can get it done.
    I don’t get it personally.

Sirmon and Morris were highly recruited players... if they’re not close to ready then wtf was this coaching staff doing the last 2 years?

Sirmon has a big arm, he’s mobile, he’s supposedly a good leader... wtf can be so wrong with him?
  • Options

dnc said:

Doesn't it tell you something about our current QB's that the new head coach, ho has complete job security and doesn't need to "win now" to save his job, has gone hard after two grad transfer QB's?

Sirmon and Morris were highly recruited players... if they’re not close to ready then wtf was this coaching staff doing the last 2 years?

Sirmon has a big arm, he’s mobile, he’s supposedly a good leader... wtf can be so wrong with him?
    A. Highly recruited QBs flame are shit all the time. Hello Cyler Miles, Jeff Lundquist and Troy Williams.

B. The staff has been absolute shit at developing QBs. Maybe Donovan will change that but I'm not holding my breath.

C. Sirmon is supposedly a good leader? He's supposedly hated by most of his teammates. We obviously have different intel on that one.

D. Arm talent and mobility and leadership help but none of them are in the top two most important things about a QB.

Can they read a defense? Can they throw an accurate ball?

If the answer to those is no then all the arm talent, leadership and mobility in the world doesn't mean much.

Or have you already forgotten Jake Locker?
  • Options
    edited February 2020

The whole point according to you guys having Costello come in to lead us to the promise land... if not why bring him here?

He’s prone to having totally shit games. You want the Huskies to sniff the playoff next year? Costello dropping total stinkers that lead to a 2-3 loss season is what would have happened.

And no, I didn’t cherry pick one game... in 3-game stretch he went 6 of 17 for 105 yards and 21 of 44 for 199 yards. That’s not winning football from an experienced player.

I’d rather develop a QB over that time than be left with another meaningless season led by a transfer QB that leads into another year of having no idea who our QB is going to be.

As was well established long before you entered the thread you bring him in for the competition and to maximize the chances someone decent emerges. As of now we have no idea what we’ve got at QB.

Costello is not a savior but he was the best QB in the conference in 2018. That body of work is worth something no matter how hard you stretch to pick it apart.
    Costello wouldn’t be coming in to “add competition”... he’d be coming here to start and only do that. In fact, that’s probably why he chose Miss St. cause he’s probably got a real guarantee to play there and not from UW. He’d probably have left the program if he didn’t get the job.

Him coming here is not adding competition, he’d have been gifted the starting role almost by default because of his experience.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

A. Highly recruited QBs flame are shit all the time. Hello Cyler Miles, Jeff Lundquist and Troy Williams.

B. The staff has been absolute shit at developing QBs. Maybe Donovan will change that but I'm not holding my breath.

C. Sirmon is supposedly a good leader? He's supposedly hated by most of his teammates. We obviously have different intel on that one.

D. Arm talent and mobility and leadership help but none of them are in the top two most important things about a QB.

If the answer to those is no then all the arm talent, leadership and mobility in the world doesn't mean much.

I’m not disagreeing with you. I just don’t quite get how a guy who this program brought in could go from an elite-11 invite, top-100 player to a guy who supposedly has no idea how to play the position.

Like I said, if our QB development is that bad... we’ve got worse problems that won’t be solved by trying to band aide the situation with Costello.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

I’m not disagreeing with you. I just don’t quite get how a guy who this program brought in could go from an elite-11 invite, top-100 player to a guy who supposedly has no idea how to play the position.

Like I said, if our QB development is that bad... we’ve got worse problems that won’t be solved by trying to band aide the situation with Costello.
    Sirmon's another example of the supremacy of 247 ratings IMO. ESPN had him at 27 (!), Rivals had him at 139 and 247 had him at 171.

He was a good toolsy prospect but somebody who needed a lot of development. That's just not something we excel in.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,538
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Mean but fair
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Evidence of Sirmon being a good leader or GTFO. I’ve heard the exact opposite, and I am pretty sure I am more tuned in than most.

Dude got jay cutler vibes minus the arm talent. Dude is loco ( :wink:@creepycoug ) and team mates do not like him.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The whole point according to you guys having Costello come in to lead us to the promise land... if not why bring him here?

He’s prone to having totally shit games. You want the Huskies to sniff the playoff next year? Costello dropping total stinkers that lead to a 2-3 loss season is what would have happened.

And no, I didn’t cherry pick one game... in 3-game stretch he went 6 of 17 for 105 yards and 21 of 44 for 199 yards. That’s not winning football from an experienced player.

I’d rather develop a QB over that time than be left with another meaningless season led by a transfer QB that leads into another year of having no idea who our QB is going to be.

As was well established long before you entered the thread you bring him in for the competition and to maximize the chances someone decent emerges. As of now we have no idea what we’ve got at QB.

Costello is not a savior but he was the best QB in the conference in 2018. That body of work is worth something no matter how hard you stretch to pick it apart.
    Costello wouldn’t be coming in to “add competition”... he’d be coming here to start and only do that. In fact, that’s probably why he chose Miss St. cause he’s probably got a real guarantee to play there and not from UW. He’d probably have left the program if he didn’t get the job.

Him coming here is not adding competition, he’d have been gifted the starting role almost by default because of his experience.
    You tell him he will start but if you have someone better you go with them.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Call me a retard all you want Creep

Retard.
  • Options

Lol it’s actually hilarious to see you idiots squirm over someone that could care less about what you think.

Says the now world-class retard who's literally on post #16 as far back as I care to count defending his hot-tard take on Costello.

And it's could NOT care less you imbecile. If you could care less, then you could care less, and your point would be, rather stupid. On second thought, stick with what you know.

• Options

And of course, this dip shit COMPLETELY fails to recognize that Costello was working behind an O line that was in a complete shambles with injuries and amongst the worst I've seen in conference in the last 5 or more seasons. I remember watching the Ducks play down at the Farm early and thinking Costello would be in a hospital by halftime. The Ducks had 5 sacks and countless TFL before I turned to another game. That was before Tibadough had really come into his own, which would happen later in the season.

But, but, but bringing in another QB would hurt Sirmon's feelings, and what would his brothers think!

• Options

Call me a retard all you want Creep, maybe PurpleBaze will give you a high five and add to that internet clout you so badly seek on a board nobody gives a fuck about.

You possess a certain Tequilla-like quality in this thread. Doubling down on a losing argument.

Costello would have added some competition to the mix. Nobody is crowning him a Heisman contender. Case closed. End of discussion.

I'm confused why this thread continues to go, save for Creep's well-documented and desperate need for internet validation.
    Very well documented.

Let me help you clarify Stalin: this most recent addition to your collection of internet retards is going on 20 posts defending a non-point, but he really doesn't care what anybody thinks.
  • Options

You possess a certain Tequilla-like quality in this thread. Doubling down on a losing argument.

Costello would have added some competition to the mix. Nobody is crowning him a Heisman contender. Case closed. End of discussion.

I'm confused why this thread continues to go, save for Creep's well-documented and desperate need for internet validation.
    I’m not sure how it’s a losing argument if it hasn’t played out yet. UW is going to go with one of the current guys on the roster and it will either go well or it won’t. I’m not making a claim for either... I just want to see it.

Guess we’ll how Costello performs at Miss St. I’m predicting 19 TD’s, 13 picks... fans not all that impressed by his play.

I say I’m not impressed by him, you say you are. There’s a whole football season next year to see who’s right.