Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KJ Costello likely heading for Mississippi State

Comments

• Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2020
    Feel kinda bad for Sirmon. Kids been committed since what, his sophomore year of HS? UW fan his whole life... this feels like kind of doing him dirty that he's not going to get a chance to prove himself.

It's not like he's talentless...
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Feel kinda bad for Sirmon. Kids been committed since what, his sophomore year of HS? UW fan his whole life... this feels like kind of doing him dirty that he's not going to get a chance to prove himself.

If the faggot fundy Xtian can't handle the heat, fuck him. If he can, and he wins the job over Costello, he comes out even stronger. If he can and he loses the 2020 job to Costello, he'll have every advantage in a 4 way QB battle come 2021.

Costello notwithstanding, I still think he's the favorite to be the starter next year, and I'll bet someone a Wam membership on it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

If the faggot fundy Xtian can't handle the heat, fuck him. If he can, and he wins the job over Costello, he comes out even stronger. If he can and he loses the 2020 job to Costello, he'll have every advantage in a 4 way QB battle come 2021.

Costello notwithstanding, I still think he's the favorite to be the starter next year, and I'll bet someone a Wam membership on it.
    He’s not. If they really had trust in him , he would start this year and they wouldn’t be trying to get a transfer QB. I would say he would probably be the least likely starter a year from now. It’s now or never.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Meek said:

Anyone hate money and want to share this?

I'd rather read a book of great poetry than subscribe to her
    That capacity crowd must have been Photoshopped in
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,312
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mississippi State would be a decision so bizarre it would force the NCAA to do concussion protocol on Costello every week.

Pro-Style vs Air Raid,
    No need to get your isht pushed in by LSU, Bama, TAMU, Auburn
    Benefits of a state with a average IQ over 100
    Lack of a full rip and replace of coaches

If you are a One and Done you have to go to a contender. Going to a school where you’ll likely get your ass pounded and benched by mid-season is ill advised.

Disagree.

Emoterman said:

He’s not. If they really had trust in him , he would start this year and they wouldn’t be trying to get a transfer QB. I would say he would probably be the least likely starter a year from now. It’s now or never.
    Although I don't think the QB battles is settled at all, the Huskies will have only three quarterbacks on the roster this season, and one will be 18 years old and another is a constant portal threat. Although he'd definitely get the chance to compete for the position, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion at all that Costello would be given the starting job. I think whether they like what they have or not, the numbers at quarterback are shit as fuck next year, and they need another warm body.

For whatever reason, Sirmon was the backup last year after Haener left, not Morris. Maybe that was just politics to reward him for not portalling (portaling?), but it is a datapoint.

Either way, the entire offense from the ground up is new this year, so a QB competition will start from ground zero, not some advantaged position for those who "know the offense." Even Garbers will be on level footing, coming in in the spring. Occam's razor suggests they need numbers at the position, and the one who performs best in spring/fall will get the job.

And one or two of the others will transfer.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Mississippi State would be a decision so bizarre it would force the NCAA to do concussion protocol on Costello every week.

Pro-Style vs Air Raid,

If you are a One and Done you have to go to a contender. Going to a school where you’ll likely get your ass pounded and benched by mid-season is ill advised.

Disagree.

Emoterman said:

Although I don't think the QB battles is settled at all, the Huskies will have only three quarterbacks on the roster this season, and one will be 18 years old and another is a constant portal threat. Although he'd definitely get the chance to compete for the position, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion at all that Costello would be given the starting job. I think whether they like what they have or not, the numbers at quarterback are shit as fuck next year, and they need another warm body.

For whatever reason, Sirmon was the backup last year after Haener left, not Morris. Maybe that was just politics to reward him for not portalling (portaling?), but it is a datapoint.

Either way, the entire offense from the ground up is new this year, so a QB competition will start from ground zero, not some advantaged position for those who "know the offense." Even Garbers will be on level footing, coming in in the spring. Occam's razor suggests they need numbers at the position, and the one who performs best in spring/fall will get the job.

If they haven't promised the starting job to Costello if he comes here he's not coming here.

He's not sitting the bench his senior year.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    "This isn't the place for you if you don't want to compete" Coach James to Steve Emtman
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

Imagine thinking KJ Costello is what you need to get you over the hump. And He’s not going to Miss St. He would be a disaster in the Air Raid.

Doog just want to doog
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

If they haven't promised the starting job to Costello if he comes here he's not coming here.

Every school he talks to is going to promise him the starting job. Any school he goes to is also not going to give it to him if he's not the best option. Leach took a grad transfer just last season. Gage Gabrud, Cuog legend in the spring. Rode the pine his senior season while Gordon started.

Lake will tell Costello anything he needs to tell him, but that doesn't mean shit. And unless Costello is a moron, he knows this.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Emoterman said:

Yeah, I think he tried to transfer last year because Morris outplayed him in camp. Pete convinced him to stay because he would be the backup. I think he'd be gone even if Costello doesnt come here.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,082
    Founders Club

"This isn't the place for you if you don't want to compete" Coach James to Steve Emtman

That was actually Gary Pinkel
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

If you are a #2 in college football in today's world and younger than the #1 you are nuts to transfer. The likelihood of a starter lasting the entire season is small, and unless you have a body of work/hype some other school is willing to bet the farm on you are either going to transfer to a small school or transfer into the same situation somewhere else.

If you can't win the number #2 job though...

This makes too much sense to a grocer such as myself. My guess is it would probably go over the head of a BIG DICK backup QB in division 1 college football. Nice try.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited January 2020

dnc said:

Every school he talks to is going to promise him the starting job. Any school he goes to is also not going to give it to him if he's not the best option. Leach took a grad transfer just last season. Gage Gabrud, Cuog legend in the spring. Rode the pine his senior season while Gordon started.

Lake will tell Costello anything he needs to tell him, but that doesn't mean shit. And unless Costello is a moron, he knows this.
    Imagine comparing KJ Costello to Gabe Gabrud
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Don't let him leave without committing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Imagine comparing KJ Costello to Gabe Gabrud
    The Coug were comparing him to Tom Brady! Either way, the point stands. EVERY coach will promise him the job. Every coach will turn that into a lie if he doesn't earn it. What's to lose?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Pro-Style vs Air Raid,

Disagree.

Emoterman said:

He would also be the best QB, rather easily.