Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KJ Costello likely heading for Mississippi State

Comments

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

'dawgman intern'

i hope kj enjoys piss state.
    Hurtful....again.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,994
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

If they haven't promised the starting job to Costello if he comes here he's not coming here.

He's not sitting the bench his senior year.

Every school he talks to is going to promise him the starting job. Any school he goes to is also not going to give it to him if he's not the best option. Leach took a grad transfer just last season. Gage Gabrud, Cuog legend in the spring. Rode the pine his senior season while Gordon started.

Lake will tell Costello anything he needs to tell him, but that doesn't mean shit. And unless Costello is a moron, he knows this.
    Imagine comparing KJ Costello to Gabe Gabrud
    Plenty of hyped grad transfer QBs have ended up not getting the job or only a timeshare.

Hornibrook (Wisconsin to FSU), Wimbush (Notre Dame to UCF), Stevens (PSU to Miss St), Chryst (Stanford to Tenn), Speight (Mich to UCLA), Dawkins (Arizona to Indiana).

1to392831 has it right. You promise the job but once you get him on campus it’s best man wins.
    Those guys all sucked. Costello will start if he comes. No guarantees after that, but c‘mon. Sirmon and Morris aren’t beating him out.
    Probably not but we don’t really know what we have in Morris or Garbers so can’t say for sure.

Costello might have a slightly better resume than a Hornibrook or Chryst but he is nowhere near the league of a Hurts or Fields.
    We don't get nice things

We don't get dimes

We get what is left at closing and are THANKFUL for it

Costello has the best resume of any UW QB because the others are FNGs

I want UW to be aggressive in the Portal because I know the old doogs are all about we want guys that commit as freshman and bleed purple. Just be innovative and try shit.

If Costello comes here and sucks then throw him out of bed
    Always wait to throw them out of bed until after they suck.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2020

Those guys all sucked. Costello will start if he comes. No guarantees after that, but c‘mon. Sirmon and Morris aren’t beating him out.

Um, remember this guy?

You really think Lake would start a QB against Michigan that he believes doesn't give himself the best chance to win, just because of some pseudo-promise on the recruiting trail? There's gonna be a competition.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

If they haven't promised the starting job to Costello if he comes here he's not coming here.

Every school he talks to is going to promise him the starting job. Any school he goes to is also not going to give it to him if he's not the best option. Leach took a grad transfer just last season. Gage Gabrud, Cuog legend in the spring. Rode the pine his senior season while Gordon started.

Lake will tell Costello anything he needs to tell him, but that doesn't mean shit. And unless Costello is a moron, he knows this.
    Plenty of hyped grad transfer QBs have ended up not getting the job or only a timeshare.

Hornibrook (Wisconsin to FSU), Wimbush (Notre Dame to UCF), Stevens (PSU to Miss St), Chryst (Stanford to Tenn), Speight (Mich to UCLA), Dawkins (Arizona to Indiana).

1to392831 has it right. You promise the job but once you get him on campus it’s best man wins.
    Probably not but we don’t really know what we have in Morris or Garbers so can’t say for sure.

Costello might have a slightly better resume than a Hornibrook or Chryst but he is nowhere near the league of a Hurts or Fields.
    We don't get nice things

We don't get dimes

I want UW to be aggressive in the Portal because I know the old doogs are all about we want guys that commit as freshman and bleed purple. Just be innovative and try shit.

For sure.

I wanted Newman but that was never really realistic.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Um, remember this guy?

You really think Lake would start a QB against Michigan that he believes doesn't give himself the best chance to win, just because of some pseudo-promise on the recruiting trail? There's gonna be a competition.
    Can I get a trigger warning before you post the black sleeves next time
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Yards per attempt: Costello 8.6/Hornibrook 8.3.

The difference is Hornibrook threw too many INTs.

Costello had a good year in 2018 no doubt. I’ve written previously about how efficient Stanford was while passing in 2018 and how they would have won more games if they weren’t hellbent on establishing their identity as a power running team.

My point is that he isn’t a sure thing and hasn’t shown to be elite. He hasn’t even committed yet and people are already starting to ramp up the savior narrative like they did with Eason.

Who is ramping up the narrative? We're not seeing the same things.
    Check out the “If Jimmy lands Costello...” thread.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

Were any of those guys actually hyped though? I think Costello has a better resume than all of the guys listed. Rather easily.
    Hornibrook, Speight, and Chryst all had success as starters before losing the job at least partially due to injuries the following year.

Hornibrook’s 2017 stats are comparable to Costello’s 2018 and he was only a soph. And he led Wisconsin to a 13-1 season. Chryst also looked very good after winning the Stanford job in the second half of 2016 before getting injured in 2017.

Wimbush was a big recruit and one time starter at Notre Dame who it was thought would be a good fit in Heupel’s offense at a lower level. Interestingly he started the opener but then lost his job to a true freshman.
    Hornibrook was the worst QB on a good team in the last 20 years. He literally struggled to throw a football.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

We don't get nice things

We don't get dimes

As someone who has seen him live twice, He is nothin special. But the “good” news is that He will get hurt before ya have to kick him to the couch. Solid track record of that.

If your numbers are solid at most positions and have a scholly to gamble, it’s worth it though. Low expectations should be had.

• Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

We don't get nice things

We don't get dimes

As someone who has seen him live twice, He is nothin special. But the “good” news is that He will get hurt before ya have to kick him to the couch. Solid track record of that.

If your numbers are solid at most positions and have a scholly to gamble, it’s worth it though. Low expectations should be had.

TBH, hope he stays on west coast.

• Options
    proofproof Member Posts: 278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    proof said:

Without reading let me take a shot:

KJ Costello was on campus today and met with new OC John Donovan. From there Coach Donovan laid out the plan for the new offense and showed KJ the weapons that would be at his disposal. The coaches let Costello know he was a priority and with him at the helm the Pac-12 title would be in play. It's safe to say the Huskies made quite the impression on Mr.Costello.

I just assumed they read my post.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    Surprised about the lack of interest in Sears from us and other big tim programs. I was doodging hard for him as a commit and thought he do well at USC.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Surprised about the lack of interest in Sears from us and other big tim programs. I was doodging hard for him as a commit and thought he do well at USC.

i think we tend to doog for recruits we've never really seen if Biggins gives them a 4* rating (like Sears), but he fell to eleventeenth on the USC depth chart pretty quickly for some reason and he never seemed to get any interest outside of local LA area D2 schools so maybe he's just not that good.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

i think we tend to doog for recruits we've never really seen if Biggins gives them a 4* rating (like Sears), but he fell to eleventeenth on the USC depth chart pretty quickly for some reason and he never seemed to get any interest outside of local LA area D2 schools so maybe he's just not that good.
    He was the best QB on his team
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    FireCohen said:

Meek said:

He was the best QB on his team
    That seems like one of those things that has been repeated so much online and on the radio that it has become true. Nobody actually has any clue and most of the evidence points to that not being true, but people still say it.

If he was really that good, he would have tons of suitors right now. I doubt Sears was really the best QB on USC. Slovis is good.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Lmao @ Loy.... I am liking our chances here though. There is no real upside for a prostyle QB to go play 1 year of air raid, it’s the other way around. I’m guessing he’s looking for an offense close to what he was running.