Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon Week!

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2019
    PurpleJ said:

I don’t make fun of speech impediments or disabilities. I’m classy like that.

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    whlinder said:

I broke my 20 year Oregon free streak this year, stepping foot in Portland for approximately 15 hours.

Of course, an east-coast resident not visiting a worthless, irrelevant western state for 20 years is not particularly interesting. However, my Grandmother (UW alum) lived there at the end of her life and my aunt/uncle/cousins lived there and we had a family beach house on the coast, so as a kid I visited at least every other year. That all stopped when my Grandma died which was right before I started at UW. Beach house sold too in order to help pay for both me and one of my cousins to go to UW.

Skipped funerals and invites to my aunt/uncle's new beach house on the coast to maintain avoidance of that 3rd world state. But I broke down and went to visit my aunt briefly in between work meetings since she's getting old.
    The 15 hours was enough to justify the past 20 years. Ain't no reason to go there unless you have to.

I spent three days in the Portland area earlier this month visiting my father. It's a nice town, very picturesque. I can see why people want to live there.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I want to talk shit but that’s never fun when it’s followed by getting your shit pushed in... sorry I’m not doogin about this week.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

whlinder said:

I broke my 20 year Oregon free streak this year, stepping foot in Portland for approximately 15 hours.

Of course, an east-coast resident not visiting a worthless, irrelevant western state for 20 years is not particularly interesting. However, my Grandmother (UW alum) lived there at the end of her life and my aunt/uncle/cousins lived there and we had a family beach house on the coast, so as a kid I visited at least every other year. That all stopped when my Grandma died which was right before I started at UW. Beach house sold too in order to help pay for both me and one of my cousins to go to UW.

Skipped funerals and invites to my aunt/uncle's new beach house on the coast to maintain avoidance of that 3rd world state. But I broke down and went to visit my aunt briefly in between work meetings since she's getting old.
    The 15 hours was enough to justify the past 20 years. Ain't no reason to go there unless you have to.

I spent three days in the Portland area earlier this month visiting my father. It's a nice town, very picturesque. I can see why people want to live there.
    The worst duck fans live north of the river and in the eugene burbs, not portland. Portland isn't much of a sports town.

Personally I'm in favor of Oregon as a state. I go there to buy things tax free.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Portland and Seattle, Washington and Oregon - those are the same things. If you think the place you’re taking shits is better or different then you’re wrong.

Same shit. Trees, rain, hobos. Just a few degrees latitude difference. Amazon, Microsoft, Intel, Nike. Same shit.

Sales tax and pumping gas are the difference, that’s it. We have to rely on our football teams to tell us what is better.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Seattle heroin >>> Portland heroin
  • Options

Seattle heroin >>> Portland heroin

100% false, Portland tar is better. You might get a better chance of getting white in Seattle because it comes through Big Vancouver, but the white trash guys come through Portland to get their dope and bring it up north. Trust me, I’m an expert in the field.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Portland and Seattle, Washington and Oregon - those are the same things. If you think the place you’re taking shits is better or different then you’re wrong.

Same shit. Trees, rain, hobos. Just a few degrees latitude difference. Amazon, Microsoft, Intel, Nike. Same shit.

Sales tax and pumping gas are the difference, that’s it. We have to rely on our football teams to tell us what is better.

This. People from Portland love to talk shit on Seattle and people from Seattle love to talk shit on Portland. What that really means is that they probably haven't lived or traveled much outside of the NW. Spend some time extended time in the other major cities (aside from Austin, Denver, and San Diego--which are the only ones I personally would put up there with the NW) and you'll realize how great both Portland and Seattle are in comparison.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

This. People from Portland love to talk shit on Seattle and people from Seattle love to talk shit on Portland. What that really means is that they probably haven't lived or traveled much outside of the NW. Spend some time extended time in the other major cities (aside from Austin, Denver, and San Diego--which are the only ones I personally would put up there with the NW) and you'll realize how great both Portland and Seattle are in comparison.
    agree with this somewhat - except Seattle, Portland, and any city you were thinking about is a pile of shit
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,503
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

BearsWiin said:

whlinder said:

The worst duck fans live north of the river and in the eugene burbs, not portland. Portland isn't much of a sports town.

Personally I'm in favor of Oregon as a state. I go there to buy things tax free.
    Portland is a sports town but most of the alums are beavlet and the NBA is only relevant for 2 months out of the year.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

I 😂 at Portland people who are big 12s. Talk shit about Seattle, but when the Seahawks win it’s “we”. Nothing worse than a duck 12. Most are from with Hillsboro or Gresham. Which are pretty much the same town 30 miles apart.
    NOC about Hillsburrito hot tawk.
  • Options
    KevinPAC12KevinPAC12 Member Posts: 62
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2019

Big Duck fan but that “Oregon is Washington’s Mexico” is fucking funny!!!

Close game in all honestly:

Oregon 27
    Washington 20
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club