Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Move Salvon to WR

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019
    Wait offensive line is a bigger indcator of short yardage plays? Who knew

He went for 21 and 119 against cal this yr.

I have no clue why he only got 6 carries against Stanford. That’s PetermanFS.

Literally every time he’s gotten 16+ carries he’s balled lol.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Wait offensive line is a bigger indcator of short yardage plays? Who knew

Newton was getting it done in those same situations where Salvon was dancing around and getting stuffed. The wildcat was actually a halfway functional formation with Newton just taking the snap and running a fucking dive
  • Options
    114 carries 662 yards 5.8 ypc and 7 touchdowns but yeah he’s not the best back on the roster lmfao. Newton’s stat padded against the sister’s of the poor. Salvon’s showed up against every good defense we’ve faced.
  • Options
    Founders Club

114 carries 662 yards 5.8 ypc and 7 touchdowns but yeah he’s not the best back on the roster lmfao. Newton’s stat padded against the sister’s of the poor. Salvon’s showed up against every good defense we’ve faced.

Salvon is the feature back now and Newton is hurt so the ytd stats are apples to oranges at this point.

We get it, youre a jock sniffer and DDY lackey.

Like I said, Salvon is getting a lot better and in an ideal world him and Newton would be a thunder/lightning Gaskin/Coleman combo.

When I made this thread Salvon had looked like shit.
  • Options
    MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Or, I don't know.. maybe they're both good, but just have different strengths??

I do know Ahmed, Newton, and Mcgrew should be a pretty good RB trio next year. Can't imagine Salvon would leave early..

• Options
    Dick Newt has meh vision, he’s not the quickest, he’s pretty slow (high 4.6 guy), and he’s not sudden at all he’s a plodder. He’s 6”0 220 tho. He’s a replacement level p-12 running back. He’ll probably end up like Lavon. He’s not going to start over Cam Davis when Salvon leaves.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Dick Newt has meh vision, he’s not the quickest, he’s pretty slow (high 4.6 guy), and he’s not sudden at all he’s a plodder. He’s 6”0 220 tho. He’s a replacement level p-12 running back. He’ll probably end up like Lavon. He’s not going to start over Cam Davis when Salvon leaves.

I am team salvon, but I think newton is a better college back
  • Options

You dont know a fucking thing about football. Honestly.
    I’ve never seen Dick Newt make someone miss in space. He’s powerful i’ll give you that.

Cam Davis is the same body type but he’s explosive and very sudden. First career carry he ran over Pickett.
  • Options
    Founders Club

You dont know a fucking thing about football. Honestly.
    I’ve never seen Dick Newt make someone miss in space. He’s powerful i’ll give you that.

Cam Davis is the same body type but he’s explosive and very sudden. First career carry he ran over Pickett.
    What is better, juking someone or breaking a tackle? Im sure Newton has made someone miss, but he also breaks a shit load of tackles which is demoralizing and wears defenses down. Newton should be able to run Cuog, Gold Bear, Duck, everyone the fuck over in the coming years. Will our staff let him? Probably not
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Why not both? Cam can do both lol

Newt has a role just like Lavon had a role
  • Options
    Founders Club

Cam has 2 career carries and you are saying he can do both and be the feature back because of that.

You need to let it fucking play out BTP.
  • Options
    He’s going to be better. He’s the better athlete and the same size. I don’t need to let it play out.
  • Options

Look, we know you have to tuck under the belt when you look at pictures of Cam's lower half, but he's had two carries. Two. Have you been hit by a bus recently?
    More than Dick had as a true freshmen lol.
  • Options
    I’ll be vindicated just like I was with Salvon lol
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@ballz is that you??
  • Options
    FirePete said:

@ballz is that you??
    I guarantee you that Cam Davis starts at RB as soon as Salvon leaves.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Your views on running backs, and donuts, are no longer welcome here.