Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Move Salvon to WR

Comments

• Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2019
    Big Dick is alpha. Beta doogs around here don’t like that
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

FirePete said:

"I need to see Salvon make ONE person miss in the hole and gain yards for once."
    Makes a safety miss in the hole en route to an 89 yard TD.

"I need to see Salvon be more physical."
    Trucks a motherfucker for five yards against Cal.

"I need to see Salvon have better vision/patience."
    I'd argue that his best run wasn't the long TD but rather the 1st quarter run from about the 7 where he patiently waited for a hole to open, saw it, and exploded through the 1 hole for a first down to the 2.

Ahmed is never going to be a power back because of the way he runs. He's big and strong enough, but he's very light on his feet. He kind of floats over the ground with a wide base. This allows him to be absolutely elite at shifting laterally without losing forward speed, but it costs him in fore/aft balance and drive. It's just the way he runs.

I also wish he could absorb more contact and not go down so easily, but I think that's just the way his body works, and he makes up for it in other ways. I totally agree that he's not complete, but I don't mind at all him leading the team in carries, as his presence on the field makes defensive coordinators absolutely shit their pants at the threat of the home run shot (like Saturday).

If this were OG Super Mario 2, Ahmed would be Luigi, Gaskin would be Mario, Dick Newt would be Toad. McGrew Princess Toadstool?... I don't know. Sounds like something we'd have to ask @Mike_Leech.

Salvon strikes me as player that will have better NFL career than college, because nfl OC will figure out a way to get him the ball in space
    I guess my biggest issue is we are not doing enough to get Salvon in space. Id like to see a formation with Eason in shotgun, Salvon and Newton to either side, and 2 TEs in close.
    You want to take advantage of Salvons ability to make people miss in space by loading the box?
    We always motion guys. The TEs could shift. Run him off tackle, have our great OTs seal the edge. Have newt block on counters
    Save for the goalline, loading the box is almost always not an efficient way to run the ball. This isn't the 1920s.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

FirePete said:

"I need to see Salvon make ONE person miss in the hole and gain yards for once."
    Makes a safety miss in the hole en route to an 89 yard TD.

"I need to see Salvon be more physical."
    Trucks a motherfucker for five yards against Cal.

"I need to see Salvon have better vision/patience."
    I'd argue that his best run wasn't the long TD but rather the 1st quarter run from about the 7 where he patiently waited for a hole to open, saw it, and exploded through the 1 hole for a first down to the 2.

Ahmed is never going to be a power back because of the way he runs. He's big and strong enough, but he's very light on his feet. He kind of floats over the ground with a wide base. This allows him to be absolutely elite at shifting laterally without losing forward speed, but it costs him in fore/aft balance and drive. It's just the way he runs.

I also wish he could absorb more contact and not go down so easily, but I think that's just the way his body works, and he makes up for it in other ways. I totally agree that he's not complete, but I don't mind at all him leading the team in carries, as his presence on the field makes defensive coordinators absolutely shit their pants at the threat of the home run shot (like Saturday).

If this were OG Super Mario 2, Ahmed would be Luigi, Gaskin would be Mario, Dick Newt would be Toad. McGrew Princess Toadstool?... I don't know. Sounds like something we'd have to ask @Mike_Leech.

Salvon strikes me as player that will have better NFL career than college, because nfl OC will figure out a way to get him the ball in space
    I guess my biggest issue is we are not doing enough to get Salvon in space. Id like to see a formation with Eason in shotgun, Salvon and Newton to either side, and 2 TEs in close.
    You want to take advantage of Salvons ability to make people miss in space by loading the box?
    We always motion guys. The TEs could shift. Run him off tackle, have our great OTs seal the edge. Have newt block on counters
    Save for the goalline, loading the box is almost always not an efficient way to run the ball. This isn't the 1920s.
    Army and Air Force ran the ball down the throats of P5 schools using option formations. I think you still can get success with it even without being an option team. Misdirection, fake pitches, PA passes to Otton and Bryant
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

😂

If we feed him the ball better we would be undefeated
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Newt is better but Salvon has been getting a lot better - so of course our idiot coaches start giving the ball to Pleasant
  • Options

Newt is better but Salvon has been getting a lot better - so of course our idiot coaches start giving the ball to Pleasant

Different styles, but according to some... Salvon is going pro this year
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019

FirePete said:

😂

It Stanford. Newton was the best back for us that game until he got hurt. I would have liked Salvon to just get traditional carries on the 3rd and shorts vs Oregon.

We lost Cal because we got gashed one the ground, Baccallia’s not staying in bounds, and Luciano’s false start.
    Sorta agree.

Silly to point out what went wrong in losses. Damn near everything did because our coaching staff like to drive under the speed limit in a fucking 750 horsepower vehicle
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • Options

FirePete said:

😂

It Stanford. Newton was the best back for us that game until he got hurt. I would have liked Salvon to just get traditional carries on the 3rd and shorts vs Oregon.

We lost Cal because we got gashed one the ground, Baccallia’s not staying in bounds, and Luciano’s false start.
    Might as well say because Heaner got Eason’s reps, and the WR’s weren’t ready for Eason’s big dick
  • Options

Keep doubling down, tardo.

I know for a fact Dick Newt isn’t running for 140 against Oregon.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019

Keep doubling down, tardo.

I know for a fact Dick Newt isn’t running for 140 against Oregon.
    You know that for a fact? Interesting since he was fucking hurt.

If given the opportunities he absolutely is capable of doing that.

Something something truth in hand or its speculation
  • Options
    If he was the best back on the roster he would have ran for more than 2.9 ypc against USC lol
  • Options
    Founders Club

If he was the best back on the roster he would have ran for more than 2.9 ypc against USC lol

If Salvon was the best back on the roster he would have gotten the job done against Cal last year, Cal this year, Stanford this year, and been better in short yardage situations in general.