Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Move Salvon to WR

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Salvon has improved markedly this year. He’s finally hitting the hole and mostly running north south. The recruiting fags that wanted bhoonnooppahahaa fired should apologize and fuck off. Starting with @NorwegianHusky and @Dennis_DeYoung (lol).

That being said, give me DICK any day. Such fag!

P.S. @backthepack sucks as bad at math as he does at evaluating running backs

He improved last game. Not this year J. And probably because he reads HCH.
    He was good against USC and Arizona. Not saying I want him in on short yardage. Don’t twist. Not that his line helps much in those situations.
    Guilty as charged of "twisting".
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

I think it's pretty simple;

If the UW coaches have a gameplan to use Salvon like they did against Oregon (lots of sweeps, speed options, etc. to get him to the edge and let him use his speed to beat people)--he is (rather easily) the best RB on the roster.

If for some reason their gameplan is to pound between the tackles, he isn't (when Newt is healthy).

He actually ran between the tackles better last week than he usually does. I agree ... there was no choice but to keep feeding him and he had to figure it out or accept the blame for being the reason the offense isn't moving.

Even w/ that, he's hardly what I would ever call a "clutch" player. Gaskin was a clutch player. So fucking clutch. Some guysms have that; and some guysms don't.
  • Options

I’m a fag

You should never write this.

But we know.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

I think it's pretty simple;

If the UW coaches have a gameplan to use Salvon like they did against Oregon (lots of sweeps, speed options, etc. to get him to the edge and let him use his speed to beat people)--he is (rather easily) the best RB on the roster.

If for some reason their gameplan is to pound between the tackles, he isn't (when Newt is healthy).

He actually ran between the tackles better last week than he usually does. I agree ... there was no choice but to keep feeding him and he had to figure it out or accept the blame for being the reason the offense isn't moving.

Even w/ that, he's hardly what I would ever call a "clutch" player. Gaskin was a clutch player. So fucking clutch. Some guysms have that; and some guysms don't.
    True--but I think he had more room between the tackles than normal because after coming out and attacking the edges with him, Oregon was overplaying everything to the outside (expecting it to go there).
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I think BTP is more right than wrong about Ahmed - he's a real weapon outside the tackles, and has improved enough to be decent between the tackles.

He's just really wrong about Newton. A healthy Dick is still a far superior between the tackles option to Ahmed.

Cam Davis is going to have to be extremely special to beat out Dick next year. If he's that special I don't understand why we're not playing him now. Special RB's don't stay five years. And this staff has never had an issue playing true frosh RB's.

My guess is Dick > Davis but there's no way any of us really know at this point.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019
    I like Dick dummy. He’s big and runs hard. He’s not the best back on the roster

Davis is starting to get burn. He’s going to be special.

On his first career carry he literally throws Pickett to the ground

• Options

I like Dick dummy. He’s big.

Any particular reason we needed to read this?
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Cam is going to be really good, he just needs a year to get right physically and work on his fumbling issue. Both Newton and Davis have had trouble with fumbles in practice which are fixable they just need to work on the proper technique.

You’re saying they’ve been well documented?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cam is going to be really good, he just needs a year to get right physically and work on his fumbling issue. Both Newton and Davis have had trouble with fumbles in practice which are fixable they just need to work on the proper technique.

Newton’s fumble vs BYU was from fighting for extra yards when they weren’t even really there. Like Hunter Bryant, at times it’s better to just get down then fight a bunch of guys for 1-2 yards.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited November 2019
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    1000 yard season over 5.3 yards per carry average in a shit season with no help from your big dick QB
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ahmed is a true burner, but a legit #1 RB he is not.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Salvon ran like a complete pussy the last 2 games of the season. He is gonna try his luck at the NFL and will probably fake an injury for the bowel game
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    1000 yards 5.5 yards per carry, 2nd or 3rd in Pac 12 Rushing
    Missed a game, had 6 attempts one game and 8 attempts against Hawaii.
    I’m not sure he should be number one. In ideal conditions, he would have been 1a with Newton 1b. Both should have averaged 12-15 rush attempts per game.

I don’t recall seeing a ton of draw plays or trying to get him to the edge.
    Even I formation with Newton taking the A gap like last night would have been an improvement against the teams that made Eason look like brown socks 🧦 2