Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,000
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Adams should be on a hot seat ... very unimpressive season by the WRs

The last thing you need is more turnover for that room, you’re not going to fix that room in one year. Recruiting wise he’s killing it and on the field you saw flashes from the young wide receivers.
    One more year. He was abysmal this year. Being a good recruiter means nothing if you can’t coach. That part should always come first because there really isn’t great variance between high school prospects outside of the very elite.
    In college football it’s 75% about recruiting and 25% coaching. Bring in elite talent and it will show on the field. There’s a reason why they say college football is about the Jimmy’s and Joe’s not x’s and o’s.
    He chose not to play the talent anyways. I can see both sides of the argument. The staff has really messed this up.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2019

Tequilla said:

The last thing you need is more turnover for that room, you’re not going to fix that room in one year. Recruiting wise he’s killing it and on the field you saw flashes from the young wide receivers.
    One more year. He was abysmal this year. Being a good recruiter means nothing if you can’t coach. That part should always come first because there really isn’t great variance between high school prospects outside of the very elite.
    In college football it’s 75% about recruiting and 25% coaching. Bring in elite talent and it will show on the field. There’s a reason why they say college football is about the Jimmy’s and Joe’s not x’s and o’s.
    He chose not to play the talent anyways. I can see both sides of the argument. The staff has really messed this up.
    I’m not that high on that young talent and it’s not surprising to me that neither Osborne nor Spiker can’t see the field in there second year. These guys weren’t can’t miss talents and it’s going to take a couple years for them to develop and considering they got no coaching last year, there development has been delayed.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,000
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

I’m not that high on that young talent and it’s not surprising to me that neither Osborne nor Spiker can’t see the field in there second year. These guys weren’t can’t miss talents and it’s going to take a couple years for them to develop and considering they got no coaching last year, there development has been delayed.
    Spiker Bynum and Osborne are not great. Puka has a Chance to be pretty good i think.
    The point is the people in front of them were failing at a rate that anyone with eyes could tell. Opera sucked and was a liability. Chico couldn’t offer much. Neither of them nor fuller can block at all.

Bynum has made some mistakes but has also improved and can do things like get a first down after the catch. Puka showed playmaking ability. Spiker was at least not worthless.

Give the young non midgets a chance. They can’t be worse. It’s really not that hard. Get them reps.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Rome, Jalen, TB, and Puka>>
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

I agree that I wouldn’t pull the plug after this year ...

That being said, it wasn’t a strong year this year for him on the on field side of things
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Recruiting rankings only matter so much once you get on campus ...

Once on campus you got to prove it to earn your snake ...

The corollary to the NFL is 1st round picks should be sure things ... we know that a high % of those turn out to not live up to expectations
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Recruiting rankings only matter so much once you get on campus ...

Once on campus you got to prove it to earn your snake keep your couch...

The corollary to the NFL is 1st round picks should be sure things ... we know that a high % of those turn out to not live up to expectations

you're correct, but just thought I'd crisp it up.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    @sonics1993

-When do you think coaching changes will be made? After signing day? After the bowl game? I'm already getting paranoid that CP won't make any changes after hearing all the firings announced across the country.

-Are we recruiting Victory Vaka? He has offers from all over the country but not from UW yet.

-With expected transfers, how many more slots do we have in this class?

-Will Bronson get another year?

-Odds of Levi, Molden, and Taylor leaving early? If all 3 come back our D has a chance to be really good next year.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

@sonics1993

-When do you think coaching changes will be made? After signing day? After the bowl game? I'm already getting paranoid that CP won't make any changes after hearing all the firings announced across the country.

-Are we recruiting Victory Vaka? He has offers from all over the country but not from UW yet.

-With expected transfers, how many more slots do we have in this class?

-Will Bronson get another year?

-Odds of Levi, Molden, and Taylor leaving early? If all 3 come back our D has a chance to be really good next year.

- My guess is after the bowl game
    - Yes
    - Up to four more if they get the right guys
    - They think he will
    - Right now I think all three come back but that’s just a educated guess and no decision has been made.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,023
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Who looks elsewhere?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter

Who looks elsewhere?

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes