Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019

So Osborne is likely to leave? That would be an absolute what the fuck Pete moment. Osborne better get snaps in the bowl game...

How do we know hes actually good? We act like this guy was a 5* all american because his dad posted on here and some random business professor ranked him a DDY3.

I really hope he stays and I really hope he develops into a great WR but it is possible that Pete doesnt actually have a vendetta against him and in reality hasn't done shit to earn playing time. If hes transferring, it's likely to somewhere like San Jose State.
    It is dumb to pretend he’s good based on absolutely nothing. The other side is Bynum was good once he played and Spiker made a couple plays in limited reps too. They can’t show what they got if they don’t see the field.

I find the practice stuff somewhat stupid because it’s human nature to not perform when you aren’t valued. Guys would likely practice better if they played. They go thru the motions when they don’t.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

FWIW James Smith didn't start for Bosco in the state finals but he's been playing well in the second half...a half where Bosco went from losing 28-5 to leading 39-28.

I’m not as down on him because Bosco is loaded and they probably have a lot of good players in their secondary.

He obviously has work to do, but there could be legit image explanations for why he doesn’t play all the time.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

So Osborne is likely to leave? That would be an absolute what the fuck Pete moment. Osborne better get snaps in the bowl game...

How do we know hes actually good? We act like this guy was a 5* all american because his dad posted on here and some random business professor ranked him a DDY3.

I really hope he stays and I really hope he develops into a great WR but it is possible that Pete doesnt actually have a vendetta against him and in reality hasn't done shit to earn playing time. If hes transferring, it's likely to somewhere like San Jose State.
    Yeah guys, Pete has earned the benefit of the doubt when it come to WR playing time.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Yeah guys, Pete has earned the benefit of the doubt when it come to WR playing time.
    For the millionth time, Pete does not decide WR playing time! Will people ever learn? Guess not.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,098
    Founders Club

For the millionth time, Pete does not decide WR playing time! Will people ever learn? Guess not.
    I just don’t buy that he has nothing to do with it. Some of his coaches seems to be scared of young guys and Pete talks about practice all the time. I don’t think he makes decisions on game day, but he knows what the rotations are going to be.
    Pete most likely gives the position coaches some parameters or a fucking checklist to base playing time. And I do not believe for 1 fucking minute that the position coaches have to get their lists approved by Pete.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2019

It is dumb to pretend he’s good based on absolutely nothing. The other side is Bynum was good once he played and Spiker made a couple plays in limited reps too. They can’t show what they got if they don’t see the field.

I find the practice stuff somewhat stupid because it’s human nature to not perform when you aren’t valued. Guys would likely practice better if they played. They go thru the motions when they don’t.
    (whoops meant to respond to the other post)
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Meek said:

FWIW James Smith didn't start for Bosco in the state finals but he's been playing well in the second half...a half where Bosco went from losing 28-5 to leading 39-28.

I’m not as down on him because Bosco is loaded and they probably have a lot of good players in their secondary.

He obviously has work to do, but there could be legit image explanations for why he doesn’t play all the time.
    that's one way to look at it.

the other way is to wonder why he was replaced most of the season by a sophomore.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Meek said:

Meek said:

that's one way to look at it.

the other way is to wonder why he was replaced most of the season by a sophomore.
    Yeah, I dont care who you play for or what your "measurables" are. You should not be riding the bench as a high school senior if you have a scholarship to play for a P5 school. Jimmy Lake even went to watch his game against Mater Dei in person and he sat on the bench most of the game. Hopefully Jimmy is working some behind the scenes stuff with this db class.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If Helton really is fired and they bring in a legit coach how fucked is this recruiting class?
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

If Helton really is fired and they bring in a legit coach how fucked is this recruiting class?

Signing day is in 2 weeks. We'll be fine this year. Next year would be tougher.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Commits in our secondary could be at risk.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Sav’ell and Huard are the only things that are gunna save us lol.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't really buy this but if it's true then Adams should -- at a minimum -- be immediately on a scorching hot seat. Rotations and personnel decisions that directly and inarguably lead to losses. Everyone forgot how to catch. Blocking was awful. Categorical failure.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Adams should be on a hot seat ... very unimpressive season by the WRs
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Adams should be on a hot seat ... very unimpressive season by the WRs

The last thing you need is more turnover for that room, you’re not going to fix that room in one year. Recruiting wise he’s killing it and on the field you saw flashes from the young wide receivers.
    One more year. He was abysmal this year. Being a good recruiter means nothing if you can’t coach. That part should always come first because there really isn’t great variance between high school prospects outside of the very elite.