Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    Bosco is a good school to get a pipeline started at. Looks like we may have our new Manu......
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

@sonics1993

According to this board and twitter, James Smith doesn't start all the time or play all that much? Is he a decommit candidate?

Sadly no
    What was the reason for the hype?
    smith looked great in the playoffs last year for what it's worth. no idea what happened with this season
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,106
    McGrew could probably go to a lower-level school like Eastern or UC Davis and tear it up. Even if Salvon leaves, he is likely a situational RB again next year. He'd be amazing in WSU's offense but they already have a little white guy
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    So Osborne is likely to leave? That would be an absolute what the fuck Pete moment. Osborne better get snaps in the bowl game...
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

So Osborne is likely to leave? That would be an absolute what the fuck Pete moment. Osborne better get snaps in the bowl game...

Doubt it
    edited December 2019
    @sonics1993

-Odds on JT Tuimoloau?
    -Are the coaches aware of the truck video (if you don't know what the truck video is I will assume no)?
    -Where do we stand with Troy Franklin? How about some of the other top tier 2021 targets?
    -Do the LB's have any hope for next year? Can we get a formidable LB corps out of Heimuli-Calvert-Sirmon-Tafisi-Ulofoshio?
    -What the hell is going on with DB recruiting?
    -Who are the starting DB's next year on Day 1?
    -How likely is Eason to stay? Taylor? Ahmed?
    -Will Jalen McMillan push for early playing time?
    -What's up with Marquis Spiker?

TIA
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

@sonics1993

-Odds on JT Tuimoloau?
    -Are the coaches aware of the truck video (if you don't know what the truck video is I will assume no)?
    -Where do we stand with Troy Franklin? How about some of the other top tier 2021 targets?
    -Do the LB's have any hope for next year? Can we get a formidable LB corps out of Heimuli-Calvert-Sirmon-Tafisi-Ulofoshio?

TIA

JTT is a well-documented silent commit.
  • sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

@sonics1993

-Odds on JT Tuimoloau?

TIA

- No clue, JT is a quite kid
    - Don't know what that is
    - If we hire a real LB then yes
    - Not a lot of great DB's out west this year and Jimmy missed on the few that were elite
    - Taylor and Mcduffie outside with Molden at nickel, Turner and Cam at safety
    - I think Eason leaves, don't know about Taylor or Ahmed
    - I would think so
    - Taking time to develop but he's improving.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

@sonics1993

-Odds on JT Tuimoloau?

TIA

• Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    Does Pete really understand how bad he fucked this season up and is he actually going to do anything to fix it or just feed the fans more bullshit about execution?

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

Does Pete really understand how bad he fucked this season up and is he actually going to do anything to fix it or just feed the fans more bullshit about execution?

probably a little of both
  • DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,024

@sonics1993

According to this board and twitter, James Smith doesn't start all the time or play all that much? Is he a decommit candidate?

Sadly no
    What was the reason for the hype?
    I’m guessing Jimmy tried to punk the Quooks by getting him but in the end he ended up playing himself.

How do we know hes actually good? We act like this guy was a 5* all american because his dad posted on here and some random business professor ranked him a DDY3.

I really hope he stays and I really hope he develops into a great WR but it is possible that Pete doesnt actually have a vendetta against him and in reality hasn't done shit to earn playing time. If hes transferring, it's likely to somewhere like San Jose State.
    I base most of my thoughts on Osbourne on what Hugh was saying after spring. Hugh was in love with him and many others were talking about how he tore spring ball up. Then the season starts and he is buried under a rock in JR Adams back yard. WTF?

How do we know hes actually good? We act like this guy was a 5* all american because his dad posted on here and some random business professor ranked him a DDY3.

I really hope he stays and I really hope he develops into a great WR but it is possible that Pete doesnt actually have a vendetta against him and in reality hasn't done shit to earn playing time. If hes transferring, it's likely to somewhere like San Jose State.
    I base most of my thoughts on Osbourne on what Hugh was saying after spring. Hugh was in love with him and many others were talking about how he tore spring ball up. Then the season starts and he is buried under a rock in JR Adams back yard. WTF?
    Here's the thing. If he doesn't get an opportunity in a meaningless game after a month of practices then goes and tears it up elsewhere we'll look completely stupid.

Give him a chance.

Here's the thing. If he doesn't get an opportunity in a meaningless game after a month of practices then goes and tears it up elsewhere we'll look completely stupid.

Give him a chance.
    been saying it all season. Look what Bynum did when they gave him a chance
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Baseman said:

@sonics1993's dawgman counterpart, AcropJr is saying that UW is still making moves with some guys committed to other schools and the "dominoes will start falling very soon." @sonics1993 TRUE!!???

Nothing to get excited over, at least not yet. Right now focus is closing Yary and Xavier and keeping all our commits.
    Any current commits worth worrying about? Are all of them supposed to sign in December?
    There's a couple that I could see signing elsewhere.
    Only guys im worried about are Murao and Rome Oduze looking elsewhere.
    I'm told Murao is solid. Mom is/was looking for a place up here to rent.
    <3<3 sanctions incoming!!!!! we will be good if true
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    I think Peterman has a little bit of insight on how much he fucked up ... but I don't have that much hope it's more than just a little.

We'll see.

But what we've seen is really, really bad and he got exposed with his obvious stubbornness of going seniority and loyalty over talent and performance.

He just had to play Opera and Fuller over and over ... Manu and Wellington over ulofashio etc ... he's not ready to let go of the opportunity through loyalty and seniority that he holds dear to his heart from the small school Boise days where you bring people up through the system.

In a way he's a dinosaur, an honorable dinosaur.

Once he has more steady talent through the ranks the players can accept the seniority process because they can feed the system and playbook bullshit ... but this year it didn't work at all.