Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @sonics1993

- You said a few weeks ago about a player entering the portal. Will that be before or after our bowl game?
    - You answered in mid October you would take the over on 3.5 transfers. What about 5.5 now?
    - Not counting Trey Lowe, O/U 1.5 more WR's enter the "portal"? @Baseman is reporting Osborne and Jones will be entering the portal?
    - LV Bunkley-Shelton is visiting 12/6. What % chance do you give the DAWGS?
    - Is it fair to say if USC retains Helton then we are the favorites for Jack Yary considering his position role in the Air Raid System and Chip Kelly's future
    with the Bruins? What about Ethan Calvert?
    - Terrance Cooks was just offered by Texas/Oklahoma. Can you tell Petersen and Gregory that he is no longer coming here so we can now focus on
    other LB's?
    - With Huff taking 5 OL this year, will he only take 3 next year? I assume Kingsley, Walden and Prentice are the top 3 targets?
    - What do we make of the Ramon Henderson offer? Backup for Covington?
    - Is WR Jabez Tinae a priority in the 2021 class?
    - Can you give us a updated bold prediction for the 2020 recruiting class?
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

@sonics1993's dawgman counterpart, AcropJr is saying that UW is still making moves with some guys committed to other schools and the "dominoes will start falling very soon." @sonics1993 TRUE!!???

Nothing to get excited over, at least not yet. Right now focus is closing Yary and Xavier and keeping all our commits.
    Any current commits worth worrying about? Are all of them supposed to sign in December?
  • Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@sonics1993

- You said a few weeks ago about a player entering the portal. Will that be before or after our bowl game?
    - You answered in mid October you would take the over on 3.5 transfers. What about 5.5 now?
    - Not counting Trey Lowe, O/U 1.5 more WR's enter the "portal"? @Baseman is reporting Osborne and Jones will be entering the portal?
    - Is it fair to say if USC retains Helton then we are the favorites for Jack Yary considering his position role in the Air Raid System and Chip Kelly's future
    - Terrance Cooks was just offered by Texas/Oklahoma. Can you tell Petersen and Gregory that he is no longer coming here so we can now focus on
    other LB's?
    - With Huff taking 5 OL this year, will he only take 3 next year? I assume Kingsley, Walden and Prentice are the top 3 targets?

- After
    - Lean over
    - I haven't heard that but that wouldn't surprise me
    - He is scheduled to and I would say low right now but things could change if we get him on campus
    - I think so and it sets up perfectly for us to close. If USC keeps Helton I think we got a great shot at Yary.
    - To soon to predict about Calvert, need to see what happens with Bob
    - Sure
    - 3 to 4
    - Think Jimmy wants anthor DB and has nothing to do with Covington
    - Yes which is why they offered so early
    - We flip a a four star recruit.
    When did we offer Jabez Tinae?
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

@sonics1993

other LB's?

- After
    - Lean over
    - I haven't heard that but that wouldn't surprise me
    - He is scheduled to and I would say low right now but things could change if we get him on campus
    - I think so and it sets up perfectly for us to close. If USC keeps Helton I think we got a great shot at Yary.
    - To soon to predict about Calvert, need to see what happens with Bob
    - Sure
    - 3 to 4
    - Think Jimmy wants anthor DB and has nothing to do with Covington
    - Yes which is why they offered so early
    - We flip a a four star recruit.
    When did we offer Jabez Tinae?
    Sorry got him confused with Junior, don't know about Jabez.
  • Options

@sonics1993's dawgman counterpart, AcropJr is saying that UW is still making moves with some guys committed to other schools and the "dominoes will start falling very soon." @sonics1993 TRUE!!???

Nothing to get excited over, at least not yet. Right now focus is closing Yary and Xavier and keeping all our commits.
    Any current commits worth worrying about? Are all of them supposed to sign in December?
    There's a couple that I could see signing elsewhere.
  • Options

Only guys im worried about are Murao and Rome Oduze looking elsewhere.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    @sonics1993

According to this board and twitter, James Smith doesn't start all the time or play all that much? Is he a decommit candidate?
  • Options
    Baseman said:

I'm told Murao is solid. Mom is/was looking for a place up here to rent.
    @Baseman in your opinion ozzy and ty 100% locks to enter the portal?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2019

Baseman said:

I'm told Murao is solid. Mom is/was looking for a place up here to rent.
    @Baseman in your opinion ozzy and ty 100% locks to enter the portal?
    Ozzy 81% +, Ty Jones 50% --he got into a pissing match with the coaches over wanting to redshirt. Kamari and McGrew may go, too.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not that worried about Rome. I like him, but McMillan and Raccanelli are also very good. My bold prediction is that Raccanelli is the best of the bunch. I just can’t find myself caring about a pretty good WR. They should be easy to find. That said, we need them badly.

Losing Covington it Esteen would suck. They are the two best DB commits.

Murao would suck. Glad to hear he’s solid.

I can’t think of anyone else that bolting is a possibility.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Emoterman said:

Bonedog said:

Wood
    While your sentiment is unassailable, as I've grown older and wiser, I've become more intrigued by double birds girl in the background.
    Abundance. Both are takes.
  • Options

@sonics1993

According to this board and twitter, James Smith doesn't start all the time or play all that much? Is he a decommit candidate?

Sadly no
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Smith is that bad huh? Strange.

I'm bummed hearing about Jones. Doesn't make sense for him to transfer and sit out a year. Osbourne situation is so damn weird. I hope he sticks it out one more year
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Smith is that bad huh? Strange.

I'm bummed hearing about Jones. Doesn't make sense for him to transfer and sit out a year. Osbourne situation is so damn weird. I hope he sticks it out one more year

Don’t know what Jimmy was thinking offering Smith but he’s going to need a lot of development.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,496
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@sonics1993

Sadly no
    What was the reason for the hype?