Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recruiting Questions?

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Beno4Life said:

Meek said:

Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993:

Thank you in advance once again.

1. Are these opinions of the coaches—most notably, Bush and Gregory—just your thoughts or is this the prevailing narrative in the football offices right now?

2. Why is Ozzy not playing? And % of him transferring?

3. Who is the starting QB for first game of 2020?

4. Will Jimmy Lake being a coach at UW in 2020?

5. Are the Huskies still recruitinf Xavier Carlton or is he all Utah?

6. The mystery LB and DL recruits...do we still have a chance?

can you not figure out basically all your questions based on his previous comments.
    No, I can't, which is why I asked them.

Go ahead and answer them for me since you seem to know all the answers.
    1. Nobody actually knows what’s said in the football offices. You think Pete is even telling other coaches he’s thinking of firing Bush or Gregory with 3 games left? “Hey Scott Huff, come here... I’m thinking of firing Bush after the season.” I’ll answer it, uhhhh, he’s not.

2. Who knows. I’m guessing Pete would say practice and that other guys are ahead of him.

3. Eason if he returns. Sirmon/Morris if not

4. Probably

5. Yes.

6. No. There probably is a guy or two that we don’t really know about that will look towards UW. It happens every year. So I guess, yes, there will be mystery recruits.
    If I were you, I would just let sonics answer the questions if he feels like it. This was unnecessary.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

Meek said:

Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993:

1. Are these opinions of the coaches—most notably, Bush and Gregory—just your thoughts or is this the prevailing narrative in the football offices right now?

can you not figure out basically all your questions based on his previous comments.

1. Nobody actually knows what’s said in the football offices. You think Pete is even telling other coaches he’s thinking of firing Bush or Gregory with 3 games left? “Hey Scott Huff, come here... I’m thinking of firing Bush after the season.” I’ll answer it, uhhhh, he’s not.

2. Who knows. I’m guessing Pete would say practice and that other guys are ahead of him.

4. Probably

5. Yes.

6. No. There probably is a guy or two that we don’t really know about that will look towards UW. It happens every year. So I guess, yes, there will be mystery recruits.
    If I were you, I would just let sonics answer the questions if he feels like it. This was unnecessary.
    If he keeps having to answer the same questions he might stop answering or miss better qs. It is hard to keep track of what's been asked though.

Hey sonics who is the most over rated player by fans vs coaches perception of them?

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Canadawg said:

Beno4Life said:

Meek said:

Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993:

4. Probably

5. Yes.

If he keeps having to answer the same questions he might stop answering or miss better qs. It is hard to keep track of what's been asked though.

Hey sonics who is the most over rated player by fans vs coaches perception of them?

he's already answered these questions.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gwad said:

Q When is Petersen going to bring in @Dennis_DeYoung to give the team a speech on mental toughness?

A Yeah that was embarrassing and hopefully he learns from that

fill me in guys the context is beyond me

Dennis went on twitter and called the players "mentally weak losers" after the Utah loss, Sean Mcgrew saw that tweet and replied "Mentally weak losers huh? Like you're in their grinding with us everyday? Lots of opinion coming from sittin on the couch, don't talk bout my brothers like that, especially if you're a "fan"."
    Well, they are mentally weak losers until they prove otherwise. I don’t think many care about them grinding either. That’s kind of expected of a player at a big college football program.

You can still root for the players every week and criticize them when they don’t perform. I know 20 year olds don’t always have the greatest perspective, but all it really shows is that fans care. It’s soft to get upset about it. I don’t know if any program with winning standards that has fans that just blindly supports the kids.
    Just responding to a tweet like that per se means that you're a mentally weak loser
    I don’t have a problem with McGrew. He’s performed reasonably well. You’re not going to get blind support tho. We expect better than 4 losses and rightfully so. Maybe from doogs that just enjoy going to games, win or lose, but not us. We are the ones spending money, following the program, and really making this all possible.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gwad said:

Q When is Petersen going to bring in @Dennis_DeYoung to give the team a speech on mental toughness?

A Yeah that was embarrassing and hopefully he learns from that

fill me in guys the context is beyond me

Dennis went on twitter and called the players "mentally weak losers" after the Utah loss, Sean Mcgrew saw that tweet and replied "Mentally weak losers huh? Like you're in their grinding with us everyday? Lots of opinion coming from sittin on the couch, don't talk bout my brothers like that, especially if you're a "fan"."
    Well, they are mentally weak losers until they prove otherwise. I don’t think many care about them grinding either. That’s kind of expected of a player at a big college football program.

You can still root for the players every week and criticize them when they don’t perform. I know 20 year olds don’t always have the greatest perspective, but all it really shows is that fans care. It’s soft to get upset about it. I don’t know if any program with winning standards that has fans that just blindly supports the kids.
    Just responding to a tweet like that per se means that you're a mentally weak loser
    Completely disagree. Athletes are experts at manufacturing reasons to feel slighted. It can tiresome and annoying as hell but it's what fuels a lot of these dudes.

Now if you go sign up a burner account to defend your honor, sure. But responding under his *REAL* identity doesn't make him a mentally weak loser.

Not saying he's not a mentally weak loser, don't twist.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2019

Beno4Life said:

Meek said:

Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993:

4. Probably

5. Yes.

How many ways does Sonics have to put it that he doesn’t know if coaches will be fired. Nobody does.

Do you really need to know that there will be a QB battle if Eason leaves?

Some of you really miss getting sponges information that is pretty easy to find out or understand yourself.
    Things change. Maybe Sonics knows something now that he didn't before. Yeah, some questions are dumb in here, but others aren't. Sonics still answers to the best of his ability. Let Sonics answer if he wants. You don't need to speak for him. He's not going to go "Oh, that's a dumb question, I'm outtie." Relax, Green Bay.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2019
    Houhusky said:

Beno4Life said:

Meek said:

Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993:

4. Probably

5. Yes.

How many ways does Sonics have to put it that he doesn’t know if coaches will be fired. Nobody does.

Some of you really miss getting sponges information that is pretty easy to find out or understand yourself.
    Things change. Maybe Sonics knows something now that he didn't before. Yeah, some questions are dumb in here, but others aren't. Sonics still answers to the best of his ability. Let Sonics answer if he wants. You don't need to speak for him. He's not going to go "Oh, that's a dumb question, I'm outtie." Relax, Green Bay.
    The “SCOTT a Q??!” Posts are faggy to begin with.

Asking a specific person about who is going to be the starting QB next year or whether lake or any coach will be returning next year is stage 5 syphilitic moron retarded.

Do you really think some person will have this information and post it on the internet, let alone Pete even know the answers to those questions right now?

Idgaf about @sonics1993 but these are some dumb ass questions
    Listen, we all have syphilis. We're just trying to get by. One day at a time, my brothers. One day at a time.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,599
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Beno4Life said:

Meek said:

Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993:

4. Probably

5. Yes.

Chinned for what I hope was a great sarcastic post. I hope.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2019

Beno4Life said:

Meek said:

Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993:

4. Probably

5. Yes.

95% of what I say is sarcastic. It's why my girlfriend is looking for a new manboy. But this actually wasn't. I genuinely didn't understand the bugaboo.

I'm gonna move on.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Houhusky said:

Beno4Life said:

Meek said:

Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993:

4. Probably

5. Yes.

The “SCOTT a Q??!” Posts are faggy to begin with.

Asking a specific person about who is going to be the starting QB next year or whether lake or any coach will be returning next year is stage 5 syphilitic moron retarded.

Do you really think some person will have this information and post it on the internet, let alone Pete even know the answers to those questions right now?

Idgaf about @sonics1993 but these are some dumb ass questions
    Is @JSM still on doogman? His endless Staff??? A Q???? posts were so fucking dumb.
    I was left on an island getting blasted by the same few fags iver there two different times for telling that guy he should knock that shit off. I didn't even use harsh language or name calling like I would here. It just got so retarded, like 10 different threads of his on the front page, and I had to say something.

I dont remember any of you fucks speaking up on my side. A-holes.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2019

Beno4Life said:

Meek said:

Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993:

4. Probably

5. Yes.

You miss Kim and Eklund. I understand.

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Sonics. Do you see Petersen ever using the transfer portal or is that "beneath" his process?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

Meek said:

Beno4Life said:

@sonics1993:

4. Probably

5. Yes.

95% of what I say is sarcastic. It's why my girlfriend is looking for a new manboy. But this actually wasn't. I genuinely didn't understand the bugaboo.

I'm gonna move on.
    Is there somewhere I should send my application?
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    @sonics1993 Do you have any insight as to why we took another O-Line commit. I was under the impression we were done there. Injury problem? Future transfer portal issues?