Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vega Ioane, 2022 3* OL, Graham (Graham-Kapowsin), WA (respect his decision)

Comments

• Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Second dong... ryland spencer. I think he holds a lil cred.

Get in (Huff’s fishing) boat NOW. #RideTheLightning
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He’s such a stud.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2021

does he come with claws and jump off fences?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,075
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huff has or should have a lot of layups this year. Which isn't to discredit him at all. I'm definitely getting a get in before there isn't room vibe looking at our current OL commits. I'd be a fan of a huge OLine class as I'm a firm believer dominant O-Line = efficient offense, despite who some of the skill position players are. Not rocket science. Hoping this helps with a few of the others.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Huff has or should have a lot of layups this year. Which isn't to discredit him at all. I'm definitely getting a get in before there isn't room vibe looking at our current OL commits. I'd be a fan of a huge OLine class as I'm a firm believer dominant O-Line = efficient offense, despite who some of the skill position players are. Not rocket science. Hoping this helps with a few of the others.

Everything that I've read suggests that we are done with the OL unless Conerly decides to commit...but I agree, he who controls the line of scrimmage wins (usually).
    Yeah I don't think a huge class makes any sense at all, unless simply taking players to take them makes sense. Over crowd any one position group in a single class now and you're only guaranteeing more transfers later. Three or four is enough as long as they're guys you want.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,615
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

UW only took 2 OL last cycle, need 4 this cycle ideally

Lose four OL to graduation this year. Logic suggests you probably lose at least one more to transfer or injury. Only took two last year. I still want to push for Conerly, Agbo, and Iuli and I will hear of nothing less.
    Replacing transfers with recruits doesn't make sense at all to me. You want three or so OL on the roster per class and to stay around 16 total imo. Recruit 3-4 every year and replace transfers with transfers who have the same eligibility.

Seems easy.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Everything that I've read suggests that we are done with the OL unless Conerly decides to commit...but I agree, he who controls the line of scrimmage wins (usually).
    Any idea of the staff’s confidence level with Conerly to pair with your son?
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2021
    chuck said:

Yeah I don't think a huge class makes any sense at all, unless simply taking players to take them makes sense. Over crowd any one position group in a single class now and you're only guaranteeing more transfers later. Three or four is enough as long as they're guys you want.
    If you believe the 3 OT’s that are in state are legit I say you go after them snd get what you can while you can. 3 is overkill but I would be fine with 2. Let the cream rise to the top.

With Jon don’s offense we only need like 5 wr’s on scholarship and any OL that can’t cut it will be moved to H-Back anyways. Everybody wins.
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I hope Huff gets whatever he wants when it comes time to extend his contract.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2021

Beno4Life said:

Any idea of the staff’s confidence level with Conerly to pair with your son?
    I think we’re sitting okay.

I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere, but is that his little brother or.....