Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Vega Ioane, 2022 3* OL, Graham (Graham-Kapowsin), WA (respect his decision)

Comments

• KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Graham (Wash.) Kapowsin offensive lineman Vega Ioane (6-5, 297), is a top 10 prospect in what should be another loaded in-state crop in Washington.

Ioane has a pair of offers, both from the Pac-12.

"At the moment, I have two offers and they are from Washington and Oregon State," said Ioane.

And Ioane said the Husky offer has left a big impression.

"Washington has showed love since before they even offered," said Ioane. "Coach (Scott) Huff from UW and coach (Scott) Petersen offered me in person at a camp last spring.

Ioane said he's also hearing from Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Cal and Nevada.

"Out of all those schools, I’m not really sure who’s going to offer first," said Ioane.

Ioane was hoping to have more schools come see him this spring before everything shut down but he was confident he'd have impressed.

"I’m not really sure who was going to come check me out this spring but all I know is that I would’ve put on a show for them," said Ioane, who was planning visits to some schools.

All of his attention is coming as an offensive tackle.

While he's not completed his sophomore year, he's still in the early stages of his recruitment, with no leader named.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2020

Ioane said he's also hearing from Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Cal and Nevada.

Nevada playin' hard to get.

And Scott Petersen? For fuck's sake.
  • FecalFeastFecalFeast Member Posts: 497
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Graham (Wash.) Kapowsin 2022 offensive lineman Vega Ioane is closing in on double-digit offers.

The 6-5, 307-pounder has eight offers in all, all eight from the Pac-12, with three of them coming in September.

USC was the most recent offer for Ioane, preceded by Colorado and UCLA.

The Trojans, Buffaloes and Bruins joined Arizona State, California, Oregon State, Washington and Washington State in offering Ioane.

Ioane did say schools outside the Pac-12 footprint are recruiting him too.

"I've heard from West Virginia, Oklahoma, Kansas State, Minnesota, Maryland and Alabama has been talking a little with me," said Ioane.

Ioane said a few of the offers were sticking out to him.

"Washington, USC, Cal, Colorado and UCLA are all kind of sticking out to me," said Ioane. "Oregon State, Washington State and Arizona State too."

Ioane said he's only visited one school, home-state Washington, but hopes to hit several when the NCAA opens things up.

"The only school I've visited is Washington," said Ioane. "Oregon State wants me to get down there and Oregon wants me to come down too. Arizona State does too. And I know I want to go to down and see USC, UCLA and Cal."

Ioane said he's developed good relationships with a number of coaches.

"At USC, it's been coach Viane (Talamaivao) and coach (Tim) Drevno, at UCLA, it's been coach (Justin) Frye, at Colorado, coach Rod (Mitch Rodrigue) and at Cal, coach Angus (McClure).

The California schools intrigue Ioane.

"Coach Viane and I talk daily and USC was a school I always grew up watching," said Ioane. "And UCLA, coach Frye is pretty cool and he knows how to communicate with his players. With Cal, I like talking to coach Angus, he's a good coach who has had a lot of success."

Meanwhile, the home-state Huskies have a big leg up given their proximity to home and how long they've been recruiting him.

"At Washington, it has been coach (Scott) Huff who has been recruiting me and he was the first coach to offer me," said Ioane. "He's a funny guy, we have a good relationship and we always talk and he's always checking in to see how I'm doing."

Ioane started at tackle for the Eagles last fall as a sophomore and as he prepares for his junior season, he's been staying busy in a myriad of ways.

"I started training at Mudder What and I'm working out with Heir Eagles and then I'm playing some 7v7 with my GK team in the Covid 7s," said Ioane. "It's been fun playing receiver, maybe I'll get some packages at school."

A three-star by 247Sports, Ioane ranks as the No. 14 guard nationally the No. 11 prospect in the state of Washington in the 2022 class.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Local beef is great
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

8 inch dong from Huffman. Huff hitting those layups before attempting the half court shot (Connerly)

If he commits now, Huff will be lead on 50% of the current commits. Huff is maybe the only coach I’d count on to make the layups.
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Connerly is all Dawg.

Agreed.
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Connerly is all Dawg.

I will feel better if Huffman or some other guy besides Ektard or Roof makes a prediction
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,055
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Local beef is great

You’re talking like Cougfan
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Local beef is great

Cougfan prefers local cheese
  • bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    Wow when did Vega Loane become a 4 star?
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He wasn't ranked when we offered, but when we offer that early I just give them a 4*
  • UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889

initially i think he might have had a 4 star grade. When they were ranking kids in his class at the beginning
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Tequilla said:

Local beef is great

Local Hoss Goes Purple?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

Tequilla said:

Local beef is great

Local Hoss Goes Purple?
    Former recruit, who cherished coug offer but passed anyways, now a high draft pick?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Second dong... ryland spencer. I think he holds a lil cred.