Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mason West, 6'4, 240 lb, 3* 2020 TE, La Habra, CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Why do we continue to enable Paopao and Gregory?

PaoPao sucks, but to be disappointed because he got Yurosek and Redman would be stupid.
    Yurosek is a great athlete but he's stiffer than a fence post. He has no wiggle with the ball in his hands like Redman and Taylor do. There's a gap between those two and Yurosek and then another gap between Yurosek and this kid.
    When it comes to tight ends, "wiggle" is way down the list of attributes I give a fuck about.
    It's literally the one thing that separates the greats from the average at the position. JAG TE's catch the ball and get tackled. The greats make guys miss and break tackles and turn short gains into explosive plays and touchdowns.
    Sure. A guy like Witten with zero moves is going to be a first ballot hall of famer, but wiggle is what separates the goods from greats. Yurosek is going to be 6'5" 250 when he sees the field. I don't care if he can't juke for shit at that size. You probably want all your quarterbacks to have six packs too.
    Witten is the Wes Welker of Tight Ends. But sure, everybody prefers stiff guys over more athletic guys right? I'm sure Yurosek will be a future hall of famer like Witten right? You would take Witten over Gronk or Travis Kelce right? Logic is hard for you.
    I would take any of those three. What a fucking stupid question.
    Oh my god you're so dumb. The point is, the chances of some stiff, lesser athlete becoming the next Jason Witten are extremely low. If you had the choice of between a stiff and a fluid athlete coming out of high school, you want the better athlete every time.
    Cade Otton is a "stiff". It's pretty much the fucking definition of WTE. No one is arguing about your last point. Go ahead and take a few plays off.
    Just because someone is white doesn't mean they don't have wiggle.
    Have you been under the impression this entire time that "WTE" literally refers to the player's race?
    Personally, I know WTE means something, but I don't know what. Warrior Tight End? I also know that BTE means something and I don't know what. Berserker Tight End? If you haven't read the board for years you don't understand half the shit that gets thrown out in here. It's a good ol' boys club and someone needs to make a glossary.
    WTE: Blocking TE
    BTE: Athletic Mismatch TE

Prominent WTE: Kizer, Dissly, Sample

Prominent BTE: Hunter, Jeremy Stevens, THE LATE GREAT ROD JONES (RIP POUR SOME OUT), ASJ, Travis Kelce

“Because parents read these” you can be both. Mark REDMAN is 100% hands down without a doubt a BTE, but he has an amazing nasty edge that he blocks with much like Gronk (no whoosh) giving him a WTE card while still being a BTE. Mark Redman is a 6’6 Dev Culp.

Sample had some BTE in him that was wasted by Jake and Jake only (don’t you dare come after MY BUSH) but he is the definition of a WTE. Hunter is the definition of a BTE. Otton’s film shows he’s more BTE than he is WTE until he physically matures. By his Junior year he’ll be the best WTE in the country

(BTW This is by far my favorite game to play on here, A black guy trying to explain how BTE/WTE isn’t defined by race but yet style of play while trying not to sound racist trying to describe the descriptions of skill sets which is basically just stereotyping therefore being racist then using opposite examples that will confuse the hell out of the person questioning)
    We could use the standard terminology of Y-TE (as in X, Y, Z) and H-TE (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-back)
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

PaoPao sucks, but to be disappointed because he got Yurosek and Redman would be stupid.
    Yurosek is a great athlete but he's stiffer than a fence post. He has no wiggle with the ball in his hands like Redman and Taylor do. There's a gap between those two and Yurosek and then another gap between Yurosek and this kid.
    When it comes to tight ends, "wiggle" is way down the list of attributes I give a fuck about.
    It's literally the one thing that separates the greats from the average at the position. JAG TE's catch the ball and get tackled. The greats make guys miss and break tackles and turn short gains into explosive plays and touchdowns.
    Sure. A guy like Witten with zero moves is going to be a first ballot hall of famer, but wiggle is what separates the goods from greats. Yurosek is going to be 6'5" 250 when he sees the field. I don't care if he can't juke for shit at that size. You probably want all your quarterbacks to have six packs too.
    Witten is the Wes Welker of Tight Ends. But sure, everybody prefers stiff guys over more athletic guys right? I'm sure Yurosek will be a future hall of famer like Witten right? You would take Witten over Gronk or Travis Kelce right? Logic is hard for you.
    Oh my god you're so dumb. The point is, the chances of some stiff, lesser athlete becoming the next Jason Witten are extremely low. If you had the choice of between a stiff and a fluid athlete coming out of high school, you want the better athlete every time.
    Cade Otton is a "stiff". It's pretty much the fucking definition of WTE. No one is arguing about your last point. Go ahead and take a few plays off.
    Have you been under the impression this entire time that "WTE" literally refers to the player's race?
    Personally, I know WTE means something, but I don't know what. Warrior Tight End? I also know that BTE means something and I don't know what. Berserker Tight End? If you haven't read the board for years you don't understand half the shit that gets thrown out in here. It's a good ol' boys club and someone needs to make a glossary.

Prominent BTE: Hunter, Jeremy Stevens, THE LATE GREAT ROD JONES (RIP POUR SOME OUT), ASJ, Travis Kelce

“Because parents read these” you can be both. Mark REDMAN is 100% hands down without a doubt a BTE, but he has an amazing nasty edge that he blocks with much like Gronk (no whoosh) giving him a WTE card while still being a BTE. Mark Redman is a 6’6 Dev Culp.

Sample had some BTE in him that was wasted by Jake and Jake only (don’t you dare come after MY BUSH) but he is the definition of a WTE. Hunter is the definition of a BTE. Otton’s film shows he’s more BTE than he is WTE until he physically matures. By his Junior year he’ll be the best WTE in the country

(BTW This is by far my favorite game to play on here, A black guy trying to explain how BTE/WTE isn’t defined by race but yet style of play while trying not to sound racist trying to describe the descriptions of skill sets which is basically just stereotyping therefore being racist then using opposite examples that will confuse the hell out of the person questioning)
    We could use the standard terminology of Y-TE (as in X, Y, Z) and H-TE (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-back)
    This bored prefers racist crap!
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,894
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wtf... take that shit to doogman.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    If this guy commits, can we just call him Mountain West?
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Ruth sure doesn't like criticism of POWPOW

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

animate said:

dhdawg said:

Ruth sure doesn't like criticism of POWPOW

So, the only guy on a one year "show me something" contract is supposed to be left alone?

Ruth is nuts.

If she says take it easy then that means up the pressure.
    #neverforget Ruth rampaging against posters who said that it appeared lubick was on his way out 2 days before he "retired"
    Good that recruiting is inherently crazy so it helps the buzz if Ruth is crazy herself. No one wants boring recruiting
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So according to Roof we are going to try and take a 3rd TE after West. Looking just at uncommitted TE's at 247 you have:

#10/670 - Connor O'Toole from New Mexico (90 ranking according to 247) Listed at 6'3 - 210.
    #29/NA - Alex Hines from Arizona (4 CB's to Utah)
    #53/NA - Jake Overman from Anaheim (Trending heavy to Babushka St.)
    #67/NA- Sterling Stokes form Oakland (Bishop O'Dowd) 82 ranking
    #71/NA - Michael Ambagtsheer from San Diego

Every uncommitted TE is in Texas or East of it. It is slim pickens. This is not going to end well.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

So according to Roof we are going to try and take a 3rd TE after West. Looking just at uncommitted TE's at 247 you have:

#10/670 - Connor O'Toole from New Mexico (90 ranking according to 247) Listed at 6'3 - 210.

Every uncommitted TE is in Texas or East of it. It is slim pickens. This is not going to end well.

I'd rather put that walk on tight end on scholarship
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,894
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

It's an absolute crapshow. Bur dissly and sample were good so TE recruiting doesn't matter. Yes that is literally a talking point on realdawg
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

This thread has AIDS. Fuck off, wiggle arguers. Paopao is a fine coach, but on a scale of 1-10 as a recruiter he’s a fucking ZERO. Fire his fucking ass. We already have too many coaches who can’t recruit.

Paopao gets an obvious zero for last year's class, but getting Redman is a minimum 6. Add one of Taylor or Yurosek and it's an 8. Get all three and that's a fucking 10.
    *sigh
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jesus, does Memmelaar have a twin brother they abandoned to big foots in the woods or something?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    He will probably will end up being a nfl player, but fuck paopao
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,549
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    FirePete said:

FirePete said:

See the irony here?