Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mason West, 6'4, 240 lb, 3* 2020 TE, La Habra, CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Pretty clear now the offer means we missed on them, it just doesn't always mean that. Last year everyone freaked out when we offered Jayden Williams because they thought we missed on McDuffie, we didn't. Sometimes you offer the backup plan before you know you'll need them.

I guess I was hoping we were unsure about Taylor and wanted to start working on West as a backup. I felt pretty good about Yurosek but I guess I shouldn't have trusted Paopao to not fuck that up.

Don’t defend yourself you have nothing to prove. You @Swaye and @DoogCourics are the gods of this shithole and the only reason I come to this place. @doog_bot and Domicillo are great but you guys actually work your asses off. @HillsboroDuck is my fucking guy now after fuller/renfrow hawt talk. I love you neighbor and never change and like I said the McMillan adrenaline got us all going. I’ve heard Murao, Henry, JTT, Savell, Troy Franklin, and others EVEN JASE MCCLELLAN LOFUCKINGL are all coming in the past 48 hours. (Mostly by BTP) but I’ve called for every single one
    Fuck you. It’s not true. I just said they may have offered Jase. And Henry was all you. Fuck off. The other were dooging besides JTT.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Pretty clear now the offer means we missed on them, it just doesn't always mean that. Last year everyone freaked out when we offered Jayden Williams because they thought we missed on McDuffie, we didn't. Sometimes you offer the backup plan before you know you'll need them.

I guess I was hoping we were unsure about Taylor and wanted to start working on West as a backup. I felt pretty good about Yurosek but I guess I shouldn't have trusted Paopao to not fuck that up.

Don’t defend yourself you have nothing to prove. You @Swaye and @DoogCourics are the gods of this shithole and the only reason I come to this place. @doog_bot and Domicillo are great but you guys actually work your asses off. @HillsboroDuck is my fucking guy now after fuller/renfrow hawt talk. I love you neighbor and never change and like I said the McMillan adrenaline got us all going. I’ve heard Murao, Henry, JTT, Savell, Troy Franklin, and others EVEN JASE MCCLELLAN LOFUCKINGL are all coming in the past 48 hours. (Mostly by BTP) but I’ve called for every single one

And those people were stupid because Jayden was for Asa and we hated Nansen being cool with the Carlsbad sleezy coach because once Stanford stopped taking football important Trent was like well I can get just as good of a degree at UDUB and actually pair it with a 1st round draft party.

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Can we cut Poapoa lose now?

If we lose Yurosek too, then yes. But I think we get him.
    @LaMichael_Corleone You went back and found all of those but left out my first one regarding the subject?

I know I was wrong about getting him, but thats beside the point!
    WHOA i like my mousecop I’m not saying you’re wrong AT ALL. My point is that I’m a lil disappointed at how fast we dooged on this offer instead of start to rumble about Paopao losing “EASY” (I know I’m drunk) recruits like Thomas and Yurosek.

@Neighbor2972 and others are too smart and loved by me to fall for that 3 TE’s and that this offer doesn’t mean we just lost other targets BULLSHIT. Just like K-Patt didn’t get offered until after Wolfe, Tae, and Archer, just like Cooper McDonald got offered right after Botelho and Smalls and just like how Bruener didn’t get an offer until after Herbig WHEN YOUR COACH BRAGS ABOUT HOW SELECTIVE OUR OFFERS ARE ITS PRETTY FUCKING EASY TO SEE WHEN WE MISS!!

(@neighbor2972 is excuses because I can totally understand some dooging after the Jalen thing and who knows if we get Yurosek tomorrow I look like a retard)
    Just arguing man, no "WHOA" needed. In all honesty though you might be one of the biggest doogs considering the time you spend twatting at Jordan Banks when we all know its a lost cause.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Why do we continue to enable Paopao and Gregory?

PaoPao sucks, but to be disappointed because he got Yurosek and Redman would be stupid.
    Yurosek is a great athlete but he's stiffer than a fence post. He has no wiggle with the ball in his hands like Redman and Taylor do. There's a gap between those two and Yurosek and then another gap between Yurosek and this kid.
    When it comes to tight ends, "wiggle" is way down the list of attributes I give a fuck about.
    It's literally the one thing that separates the greats from the average at the position. JAG TE's catch the ball and get tackled. The greats make guys miss and break tackles and turn short gains into explosive plays and touchdowns.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

I'm trying to remain positive here, but this is not a good sign. Like the first crotch itch after banging a whore. You sort of know it's crabs, but are still hoping it isn't.

Dude, crabs is the best outcome sometimes.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If Paopao gets Redman-Yurosek-West that's a great TE group. The issue is he didn't get Jude Wolfe or whoever last year forcing us to need to take 3 TE this year.

If.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

PaoPao sucks, but to be disappointed because he got Yurosek and Redman would be stupid.
    Yurosek is a great athlete but he's stiffer than a fence post. He has no wiggle with the ball in his hands like Redman and Taylor do. There's a gap between those two and Yurosek and then another gap between Yurosek and this kid.
    When it comes to tight ends, "wiggle" is way down the list of attributes I give a fuck about.
    It's literally the one thing that separates the greats from the average at the position. JAG TE's catch the ball and get tackled. The greats make guys miss and break tackles and turn short gains into explosive plays and touchdowns.
    Sure. A guy like Witten with zero moves is going to be a first ballot hall of famer, but wiggle is what separates the goods from greats. Yurosek is going to be 6'5" 250 when he sees the field. I don't care if he can't juke for shit at that size. You probably want all your quarterbacks to have six packs too.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Sure. A guy like Witten with zero moves is going to be a first ballot hall of famer, but wiggle is what separates the goods from greats. Yurosek is going to be 6'5" 250 when he sees the field. I don't care if he can't juke for shit at that size. You probably want all your quarterbacks to have six packs too.
    Witten is the Wes Welker of Tight Ends. But sure, everybody prefers stiff guys over more athletic guys right? I'm sure Yurosek will be a future hall of famer like Witten right? You would take Witten over Gronk or Travis Kelce right? Logic is hard for you.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Witten is the Wes Welker of Tight Ends. But sure, everybody prefers stiff guys over more athletic guys right? I'm sure Yurosek will be a future hall of famer like Witten right? You would take Witten over Gronk or Travis Kelce right? Logic is hard for you.
    Gronk doesn't have any wiggle
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

One of the dumbest post of all time on this board. Gronk is the GOAT TE BECAUSE of his wiggle. He made people miss and turned routine catches into explosive plays and touch downs.
  • Options

dnc said:

One of the dumbest post of all time on this board. Gronk is the GOAT TE BECAUSE of his wiggle. He made people miss and turned routine catches into explosive plays and touch downs.
    Gronk ran by people because he has wheels and through people with brute strength. He wasn't shaking people.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Gronk ran by people because he has wheels and through people with brute strength. He wasn't shaking people.
    Not your best effort. Wiggle doesn't mean he has to be shaking people. It means he can catch the ball and stop on a dime while the defender flies pats him and keep going. It means he can weave through traffic. It means he's fucking athletic and can move in a way that most others can't at that size. Why do people insist on arguing about stupid shit?
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Not your best effort. Wiggle doesn't mean he has to be shaking people. It means he can catch the ball and stop on a dime while the defender flies pats him and keep going. It means he can weave through traffic. It means he's fucking athletic and can move in a way that most others can't at that size. Why do people insist on arguing about stupid shit?
    Because wiggle means something specific and Gronk doesn't have it.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Because wiggle means something specific and Gronk doesn't have it.
    The play at 1:38 is an example of his wiggle.

https://youtu.be/hctqIH1LpkU

The play at 2:40 is wiggle.

https://youtu.be/7MXUPM9htH4