Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mason West, 6'4, 240 lb, 3* 2020 TE, La Habra, CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

LSU doesn't throw the ball.

Penn State doesn't put TE's in the league like UW does and they don't have QB talent lined up like we do.

Colorado is Colorado.

Get Kole Taylor or get the fuck out. It's not a hard sell and I'm sick of this hidden gem bullshit.

Redman was a great start but Paopao's fat ass didn't sign a TE last class so that means we need TWO elite TE's this class. Not one elite one and some hidden gem JAG.

Ben Yurosek is going to be amazing, chill the fuck out.
    He ain't better than Kole Taylor either.
    Did my post suggest he was better than Taylor?
    It suggested losing Taylor wouldn't be a big deal if we get Yurosek. I'm saying there's a noticeable drop off between the two so yeah, it is a big fucking deal. TE's like Taylor are rare as fuck and we had an easy sell to make to get him. We play two tight ends all the fucking time. He'd have his own specialized role in the offense like Bryant does. He'd have a chance to replace Bryant right away as a true Freshman if he proves himself. NFL development. Academics. Closer location to home. I could go on. You can't lose a fucking game changer like that to Penn fucking State all the way across the fucking country or to LSU who don't do shit with their TE's and expect me not to get pissed!
    Our TE class is obviously going to be worse without Taylor, but if Yurosek commits its still a really really good class that's all I'm saying.
    Our OL class will be better with Murao, but it doesn't make the class null and void if we don't.

(I'm not comparing PaoPao to Huff, so don't twist)
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

Penn State doesn't put TE's in the league like UW does and they don't have QB talent lined up like we do.

Colorado is Colorado.

Get Kole Taylor or get the fuck out. It's not a hard sell and I'm sick of this hidden gem bullshit.

Redman was a great start but Paopao's fat ass didn't sign a TE last class so that means we need TWO elite TE's this class. Not one elite one and some hidden gem JAG.

It suggested losing Taylor wouldn't be a big deal if we get Yurosek. I'm saying there's a noticeable drop off between the two so yeah, it is a big fucking deal. TE's like Taylor are rare as fuck and we had an easy sell to make to get him. We play two tight ends all the fucking time. He'd have his own specialized role in the offense like Bryant does. He'd have a chance to replace Bryant right away as a true Freshman if he proves himself. NFL development. Academics. Closer location to home. I could go on. You can't lose a fucking game changer like that to Penn fucking State all the way across the fucking country or to LSU who don't do shit with their TE's and expect me not to get pissed!
    Our TE class is obviously going to be worse without Taylor, but if Yurosek commits its still a really really good class that's all I'm saying.
    Our OL class will be better with Murao, but it doesn't make the class null and void if we don't.

I hear you but good is not good enough. We need difference makers. Game changers that defenses are fucking afraid of! Redman is one of those guys and so is Taylor. Yurosek and West would likely be good, serviceable players here but would never be dominant players that strike fear in defenses.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

Colorado is Colorado.

I hear you but good is not good enough. We need difference makers. Game changers that defenses are fucking afraid of! Redman is one of those guys and so is Taylor. Yurosek and West would likely be good, serviceable players here but would never be dominant players that strike fear in defenses.
    What position are we hitting 3 for 3 on? Outside of the DT class in 2019 which was insane, when have we went perfect for our top 3 spots at a position?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

Colorado is Colorado.

What position are we hitting 3 for 3 on? Outside of the DT class in 2019 which was insane, when have we went perfect for our top 3 spots at a position?
    Huff is about to go three for three this O-line class and potentially four for four.

Jimmy Lake's 2018 DB class was three for three.

Malloe's 2019 D-line class was four for four. Clean sweep.

I'm not even asking for three for three from Paopao. Just go two for two on your top two targets and if you add somebody else after that, that's fine. I don't care. Just get Redman and Taylor. If he does that and Yurosek goes to Stanford, I wouldn't care.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Where is this Yurosek assumption coming from?

I am under the thought that this offer is because they don’t feel good about their chances with Taylor and Yurosek.

Yurosek is in the bag if you go by twitter.

Taylor told us to fuck off
  • Options

Penn State don’t esn't put TE's in the league like UW does and they don't have QB talent lined up like we do.

Colorado is Colorado.

It suggested losing Taylor wouldn't be a big deal if we get Yurosek. I'm saying there's a noticeable drop off between the two so yeah, it is a big fucking deal. TE's like Taylor are rare as fuck and we had an easy sell to make to get him. We play two tight ends all the fucking time. He'd have his own specialized role in the offense like Bryant does. He'd have a chance to replace Bryant right away in that role as a true Freshman if he proves himself. NFL development. Academics. Closer location to home. I could go on. You can't lose a fucking game changer like that to Penn fucking State all the way across the fucking country or to LSU who don't do shit with their TE's and expect me not to get pissed!
    He’s going to Boulder. We lost him to Boulder lol
  • Options
    I

Penn State don’t esn't put TE's in the league like UW does and they don't have QB talent lined up like we do.

Colorado is Colorado.

It suggested losing Taylor wouldn't be a big deal if we get Yurosek. I'm saying there's a noticeable drop off between the two so yeah, it is a big fucking deal. TE's like Taylor are rare as fuck and we had an easy sell to make to get him. We play two tight ends all the fucking time. He'd have his own specialized role in the offense like Bryant does. He'd have a chance to replace Bryant right away in that role as a true Freshman if he proves himself. NFL development. Academics. Closer location to home. I could go on. You can't lose a fucking game changer like that to Penn fucking State all the way across the fucking country or to LSU who don't do shit with their TE's and expect me not to get pissed!
    He’s going to Boulder. We lost him to Boulder lol
    Are you fucking kidding me? Jesus Christ that's bad. Fuck Paopao.
    That’s what my source inside the progrum said. They feel as if he’s Colorado’s to lose to LSU.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    “We’re taking 3 TE’s” one year after dropping K-Patt because of numbers seems like something you would tell West so he doesn’t feel as if he is their 5th* option (DJ would prolly be the 2nd/3rd option). Everyone knows Hunter is gone especially with how we failed to manage his injuries, but one More year of KizerCade, Dev, Redman, one more 2020, Matavao, Terry seems to replace depth and make a lot more sense. If Pete cared so much about preserving depth Kizer would’ve only played in 4 games last year.
  • Options
    @StrongArmCobra you still think missing Jude Wolfe wasn’t a big deal or nah?
  • Options

“We’re taking 3 TE’s” one year after dropping K-Patt because of numbers seems like something you would tell West so he doesn’t feel as if he is their 5th* option (DJ would prolly be the 2nd/3rd option). Everyone knows Hunter is gone especially with how we failed to manage his injuries, but one More year of KizerCade, Dev, Redman, one more 2020, Matavao, Terry seems to replace depth and make a lot more sense. If Pete cared so much about preserving depth Kizer would’ve only played in 4 games last year.

We "failed to manage his injuries" because he was never planning on staying until he was a redshirt senior. No point in not playing him if he's already told you he's going pro next year either way.
    He said Kizer not Bryant you fucktard lol
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    edited June 2019

We "failed to manage his injuries" because he was never planning on staying until he was a redshirt senior. No point in not playing him if he's already told you he's going pro next year either way.
    I’m not talking about the RS. I’m taking about rushing and putting off surgeries and changing what surgeries he had in order to get him on the field faster.

Also, you’ve heard of Trey Adams right?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

We didn't fail his injuries man.

His first one was obviously, especially to anyone who's played sports and studied the science.

He got injured and he tried to tough it out and literally ran/limped back to the sidelines further injuring himself.

The whole time I'm screaming at the TV screen "fall down! Don't run on it! Don't run on it! Wtf! Are you doing man!..."

If he would have just stayed down after that injury it could have been minor and he would have diminoed for almost two years.

It's like getting a split lip but continue to get punched in the face for another 5-6 punches. Now you've got major plastics instead of minor tissue damage and stiches or crazy glue/steristrips.

• Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

I’m not talking about the RS. I’m taking about rushing and putting off surgeries and changing what surgeries he had in order to get him on the field faster.

Also, you’ve heard of Trey Adams right?
    The fact that Trey likely first injured his knee on a pointless trick play run in the red zone vs Montana, is one of the most understated stupid decisions in Pete’s tenure. Add in that despite all that happened with Trey, we still are the one of the only Power-5 or NFL teams that doesn’t make all the OL wear knee braces. I will never understand.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    edited June 2019
    It’ll be exciting when we get a Woof! for him after being dick teased for a day and a half that JT is about to commit.

BTP, what are your sources saying?