Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mason West, 6'4, 240 lb, 3* 2020 TE, La Habra, CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

It’ll be exciting when we get a Woof! for him after being dick teased for a day and a half that JT is about to commit.

BTP, what are your sources saying?

Ruth is saying Woof Watch is in such high alert that it may register on the Richter scale. Stay tuned.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Why do we continue to enable Paopao and Gregory?

PaoPao sucks, but to be disappointed because he got Yurosek and Redman would be stupid.
    Yurosek is a great athlete but he's stiffer than a fence post. He has no wiggle with the ball in his hands like Redman and Taylor do. There's a gap between those two and Yurosek and then another gap between Yurosek and this kid.
    When it comes to tight ends, "wiggle" is way down the list of attributes I give a fuck about.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Ahhh here's the Teen Boy Stalking meltdown we all know and love
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    So hunter is going pro
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

“We’re taking 3 TE’s” one year after dropping K-Patt because of numbers seems like something you would tell West so he doesn’t feel as if he is their 5th* option (DJ would prolly be the 2nd/3rd option). Everyone knows Hunter is gone especially with how we failed to manage his injuries, but one More year of KizerCade, Dev, Redman, one more 2020, Matavao, Terry seems to replace depth and make a lot more sense. If Pete cared so much about preserving depth Kizer would’ve only played in 4 games last year.

Kizer already essentially had a greyshirt year and played as a "true" freshman after that. They weren't going to not play him, especially given the fact Bryant was out for a while. That would have left us with Sample and Otton only unless you wanted to give snaps to Warren for some stupid reason. Unless Kizer suddenly became a successful receiver, come 2021 when he would have been a 6th year senior who had already graduated, people would likely have been asking to give his scholarship to someone more valuable anyway. Come 2021 we still likely have Cade Otton anyway. TEs don't leave early that often unless you're someone like Hunter Bryant.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    tvoie said:

Where is this Yurosek assumption coming from?

I am under the thought that this offer is because they don’t feel good about their chances with Taylor and Yurosek.

Yurosek is in the bag if you go by twitter.

Taylor told us to fuck off
    BTP, please stop saying this about anyone...forever. It’s literally the kiss of death. Roof says Yurosek is choosing Stanford tomorrow....please just stop.
    I’m going by the twitters.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,144
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Ballz is cycling again.

• Options
    tvoie said:

Where is this Yurosek assumption coming from?

I am under the thought that this offer is because they don’t feel good about their chances with Taylor and Yurosek.

Yurosek is in the bag if you go by twitter.

Taylor told us to fuck off
    BTP, please stop saying this about anyone...forever. It’s literally the kiss of death. Roof says Yurosek is choosing Stanford tomorrow....please just stop.
    He hasn't even mentioned or liked or followed anyone from Stanford or related to Stanford in any way since early March. Twatters ain't everything but that would be be a surprise. He even visited Stanford in April and you really wouldn't know.
  • Options

“We’re taking 3 TE’s” one year after dropping K-Patt because of numbers seems like something you would tell West so he doesn’t feel as if he is their 5th* option (DJ would prolly be the 2nd/3rd option). Everyone knows Hunter is gone especially with how we failed to manage his injuries, but one More year of KizerCade, Dev, Redman, one more 2020, Matavao, Terry seems to replace depth and make a lot more sense. If Pete cared so much about preserving depth Kizer would’ve only played in 4 games last year.

Kizer already essentially had a greyshirt year and played as a "true" freshman after that. They weren't going to not play him, especially given the fact Bryant was out for a while. That would have left us with Sample and Otton only unless you wanted to give snaps to Warren for some stupid reason. Unless Kizer suddenly became a successful receiver, come 2021 when he would have been a 6th year senior who had already graduated, people would likely have been asking to give his scholarship to someone more valuable anyway. Come 2021 we still likely have Cade Otton anyway. TEs don't leave early that often unless you're someone like Hunter Bryant.
    Kizer only played on non special team units in 4 games. Warren only played 2 less snaps on offense than Kizer. Find another body on special teams and you just redshirted him without knowing it.
  • Options
    All this Yurosek talk seems a lil premature to be giving Paopao the benefit of the doubt no?
  • Options

All this Yurosek talk seems a lil premature to be giving Paopao the benefit of the doubt no?

The whole premise was IF Yurosek were to commit. If we don't get him either then fire PaoPao into the sun.
  • Options

The whole premise was IF Yurosek were to commit. If we don't get him either then fire PaoPao into the sun.

He was at our camp and probably played really good so we offered him. It doesn't mean we're missing on Taylor or Yurosek, yet

Bread said:

“This has been a few months in the making. Originally they wanted to bring in two tight ends and already have one committed. They told me they want to bring in three tight ends now because they’re confident they’re going to lose one tight end to the Draft and don’t have a lot of depth. I knew I was high on their list and I’m feeling great right now.”

All I'm taking away from this offer now is Bryant ain't coming back.

LSU doesn't throw the ball.

Penn State doesn't put TE's in the league like UW does and they don't have QB talent lined up like we do.

Colorado is Colorado.

Get Kole Taylor or get the fuck out. It's not a hard sell and I'm sick of this hidden gem bullshit.

Redman was a great start but Paopao's fat ass didn't sign a TE last class so that means we need TWO elite TE's this class. Not one elite one and some hidden gem JAG.

Ben Yurosek is going to be amazing, chill the fuck out.

Why do we continue to enable Paopao and Gregory?

PaoPao sucks, but to be disappointed because he got Yurosek and Redman would be stupid.

If Paopao gets Redman-Yurosek-West that's a great TE group. The issue is he didn't get Jude Wolfe or whoever last year forcing us to need to take 3 TE this year.

Doesn’t sound like it hahaha
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    FUCKING DIAFF PAOPAO YOU GODDAMN DRUNKEN IDIOT
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Can we cut Poapoa lose now?

If we lose Yurosek too, then yes. But I think we get him.
    @LaMichael_Corleone You went back and found all of those but left out my first one regarding the subject?

I know I was wrong about getting him, but thats beside the point!
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I've never been optimistic on yurosek but looking at Twitter tonight it's odd. Maybe UW tweets is all he gets?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BTP is the fucking worst.