Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mason West, 6'4, 240 lb, 3* 2020 TE, La Habra, CA (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    Lol stop with the Drew Sample comparisons. Sample was way more athletic in high school. He was faster and a better receiver than this kid. This is a fucking reach until proven otherwise. Just tell it like it is.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

Lol stop with the Drew Sample comparisons. Sample was way more athletic in high school. He was faster and a better receiver than this kid. This is a fucking reach until proven otherwise. Just tell it like it is.

They're ranked roughly the same and, like Sample, West had to attend Pete's June camp in order to earn an offer (and that was Pete's camp at Boise, who knows if Sample would have gotten a UW offer as quickly).

They're very close to the same size and build too.

It's a pretty natural comp.
    LMAO STOOOOOOOOP IT!!! I can't take it anymore. Doog overload. Just watch Sample's high school film. It's night and day between the two. This is the slowest TE we've taken since Kizer and he's not even a nasty blocker. Fuck off with this doog shit. The only comparisons you can make are they're both white and around the same size in high school and have similar 3-star rankings as recruits. Natural comp my ass. You could say the same shit about most of the TE recruits in the country.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

They're ranked roughly the same and, like Sample, West had to attend Pete's June camp in order to earn an offer (and that was Pete's camp at Boise, who knows if Sample would have gotten a UW offer as quickly).

LMAO STOOOOOOOOP IT!!! I can't take it anymore. Doog overload. Just watch Sample's high school film. It's night and day between the two. This is the slowest TE we've taken since Kizer and he's not even a nasty blocker. Fuck off with this doog shit. The only comparisons you can make are they're both white and around the same size in high school and have similar 3-star rankings as recruits. Natural comp my ass. You could say the same shit about most of the TE recruits in the country.
    I'm sure you've spent hours comparing Sample's junior tape to West's junior tape.

One thing is certain, West is much closer to Drew Sample 2.0 than Trey Lowe is to Barry Sanders 2.0.
    No he's really not. Trey Lowe's high school film is better than Barry Sanders' high school film. Lowe was incredibly elusive. Lowe ran circles around guys. But I never even said Lowe was going to be the next Sanders. It was an obvious comparison with both being small and incredibly elusive running backs. It's not like Sanders was way faster or more physically gifted than Lowe. He wasn't. Both are super quick with stupid cutting ability and vision. That's the easiest and most obvious comparison for Lowe as a RB coming out of high school.

It's fucking hilarious how you talk a big game about wanting elite talent and settling for JAGs being unacceptable but as soon as it actual happens and a likely JAG commits you transform into super doog. He's not close to Drew Sample at all. He's closer to Kizer than Sample.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

I'm sure you've spent hours comparing Sample's junior tape to West's junior tape.

One thing is certain, West is much closer to Drew Sample 2.0 than Trey Lowe is to Barry Sanders 2.0.
    No he's really not. Trey Lowe's high school film is better than Barry Sanders' high school film. Lowe was incredibly elusive.

It's fucking hilarious how you idiots talk a big game about wanting elite talent and settling for JAGs in unacceptable but as soon as it actual happens and a likely JAG commits you transform into super doogs. He's not close to Drew Sample at all. He's closer to Kizer than Sample.
    Jesus, r u really going to compare Lowe to Sanders?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

No he's really not. Trey Lowe's high school film is better than Barry Sanders' high school film. Lowe was incredibly elusive.

It's fucking hilarious how you idiots talk a big game about wanting elite talent and settling for JAGs in unacceptable but as soon as it actual happens and a likely JAG commits you transform into super doogs. He's not close to Drew Sample at all. He's closer to Kizer than Sample.
    New here? This is him like quadrupling down on that nonsense.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

dnc said:

Thanks for the free pub!!! buttfuck!

• Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

No he's really not. Trey Lowe's high school film is better than Barry Sanders' high school film. Lowe was incredibly elusive. Lowe ran circles around guys. But I never even said Lowe was going to be the next Sanders. It was an obvious comparison with both being small and incredibly elusive running backs. It's not like Sanders was way faster or more physically gifted than Lowe. He wasn't.

It's fucking hilarious how you talk a big game about wanting elite talent and settling for JAGs is unacceptable but as soon as it actual happens and a likely JAG commits you transform into super doogs. He's not close to Drew Sample at all. He's closer to Kizer than Sample.
    You should never evaluate film again. Not your thing.
    Do I have to post Barry Sanders' high school film again? It really wasn't anything special. There's a reason he had to go to Oklahoma State you idiot. He was a huge hidden gem recruit that the big schools didn't want.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    FirePete said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

People on this board make comparisons like this all the fucking time. How many people have compared Redman to Gronk? Gronk is the greatest TE of all time and a first-ballot Hall of Famer! Seriously, shut the fuck up. It's literally the most obvious comparison when watching Lowe's high school highlights.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

dnc said:

dnc said:

No he's really not. Trey Lowe's high school film is better than Barry Sanders' high school film. Lowe was incredibly elusive. Lowe ran circles around guys. But I never even said Lowe was going to be the next Sanders. It was an obvious comparison with both being small and incredibly elusive running backs. It's not like Sanders was way faster or more physically gifted than Lowe. He wasn't. Both are super quick with stupid cutting ability and vision.

It's fucking hilarious how you talk a big game about wanting elite talent and settling for JAGs being unacceptable but as soon as it actual happens and a likely JAG commits you transform into super doog. He's not close to Drew Sample at all. He's closer to Kizer than Sample.

Also this is the epitome of your own behavior. You rip kids apart until they’re close to committing and then you start talking about how improved they are and rankings are shit and the kid is a gem.

It’s the script dude.

See: Javeon Sunday

WTF is KB doing? This kid sucks. Looks like he's running in slow motion.

WOOOOOO! I LOVE THIS KID! He's fucking awesome.

Traits like balance, strength, power, durability, and physicality are just as important, and a lot of times, more important for running backs than straight line speed. Sunday does not have blazing speed, we know that, but he does have adequate speed to break off long runs and what he lacks in speed he makes up for with power. He's an NFL talent because the NFL loves backs like him. That's why Josh Jacobs just went in the first round after running a 4.6 at the combine.

Sunday has the potential to be the next Frank Gore. He's built just like him and isn't afraid to run straight through traffic and bodies just like Gore. I have no doubt he'll improve his speed and burst at UW and be a beast for us. If you don't look at our current roster and understand that we need to add physicality to the running back position to compete with the big boys, I can't help you, you're just that fucking dumb. The most physical running back on our roster right now is literally Jamyn Patu. The only guys who even look the part are Ahmed and Newton.

This kid can bench 300+ lbs and squat 500+ lbs as a Junior in fucking high school. That's very rare strength and word from his HS coach is that he's a very hard worker. How can you not be excited about what he could become after a couple years with Socha? He's going to run through tackles and drag pussy ass Pac-12 defenders. I don't think anyone will be complaining when he's averaging 6 to 8 yards per carry for us. It would also be nice having a RB who's jacked like he is and can stand up a linebacker in pass protection instead of having to try to cut him like a pussy.

Great pick up!

How is this "following the same script"? In one scenario I was excited about Sunday's commitment after initially being hesitant of him as a recruit. In this case, I have not liked this kid as a recruit when he was offered and still don't now that he's committed. That's a false equivalency.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

No he's really not. Trey Lowe's high school film is better than Barry Sanders' high school film. Lowe was incredibly elusive. Lowe ran circles around guys. But I never even said Lowe was going to be the next Sanders. It was an obvious comparison with both being small and incredibly elusive running backs. It's not like Sanders was way faster or more physically gifted than Lowe. He wasn't. Both are super quick with stupid cutting ability and vision.

Also this is the epitome of your own behavior. You rip kids apart until they’re close to committing and then you start talking about how improved they are and rankings are shit and the kid is a gem.

It’s the script dude.

Traits like balance, strength, power, durability, and physicality are just as important, and a lot of times, more important for running backs than straight line speed. Sunday does not have blazing speed, we know that, but he does have adequate speed to break off long runs and what he lacks in speed he makes up for with power. He's an NFL talent because the NFL loves backs like him. That's why Josh Jacobs just went in the first round after running a 4.6 at the combine.

Sunday has the potential to be the next Frank Gore. He's built just like him and isn't afraid to run straight through traffic and bodies just like Gore. I have no doubt he'll improve his speed and burst at UW and be a beast for us. If you don't look at our current roster and understand that we need to add physicality to the running back position to compete with the big boys, I can't help you, you're just that fucking dumb. The most physical running back on our roster right now is literally Jamyn Patu. The only guys who even look the part are Ahmed and Newton.

This kid can bench 300+ lbs and squat 500+ lbs as a Junior in fucking high school. That's very rare strength and word from his HS coach is that he's a very hard worker. How can you not be excited about what he could become after a couple years with Socha? He's going to run through tackles and drag pussy ass Pac-12 defenders. I don't think anyone will be complaining when he's averaging 6 to 8 yards per carry for us. It would also be nice having a RB who's jacked like he is and can stand up a linebacker in pass protection instead of having to try to cut him like a pussy.

Great pick up!

How is this "following the same script"? In one scenario I was excited about Sunday's commitment after initially being hesitant of him as a recruit. In this case, I have not liked this kid as a recruit when he was offered and still don't now that he's committed. That's a false equivalency.
    The difference is time. There was months in between Sunday's offer and commit, just a few days between West's.

You'll have a different tune in November.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

It’s the script dude.

Great pick up!

The difference is time. There was months in between Sunday's offer and commit, just a few days between West's.

Like I said, I could change my mind after seeing his Senior film, but his Junior film sucks and he's not physical.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

It’s the script dude.

Great pick up!

Like I said, I could change my mind after seeing his Senior film, but his Junior film sucks and he's not physical.
    I actually agree his junior film sucks but they didn't offer him off his junior film, they offered him off what they saw at the camp.

A lot can change for a 16/17 year old between November and the end of June.
    And as I already said, they did the same exact thing with Michael Neal! They offered him after a great satellite camp performance. I don't give a fuck what he did at a stupid fucking camp. There's no blocking at a camp and he wasn't going against D1 talent at UW's shit little Rising Stars camp. The film doesn't lie and his film is not good. It'd be one thing if he was a mediocre receiver but a monster blocker pancaking guys left and right. I could live with that. But he's a soft blocker so what the fuck? This shit pisses me off. It's a step backwards.