Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mason West, 6'4, 240 lb, 3* 2020 TE, La Habra, CA (Committed)

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think the board is just so sick of me being right all the time that y'all now just want to disagree with everything I say. You agree that West is a sub par recruit but when you see me arguing that you want to disagree to go against Ballz. That's fine. This kid sucks until proven otherwise. TE recruiting is not good enough. One elite TE here and there mixed in with a bunch of JAGs is not good enough. You're all better off just accepting that I know more about football and football talent that any of you and respecting my opinion about the guys we're recruiting and getting than fucking arguing with me. I know who is good and who sucks. Most of you don't.

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This thread should’ve been closed the second “Dev Culp sucks” is printed. That is by far SAC’s worst offense that I’ve seen on here.

It's bad, but... worst? Do we need a poll?
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I think the board is just so sick of me being right all the time that y'all now just want to disagree with everything I say. You agree that West is a sub par recruit but when you see me arguing that you want to disagree to go against Ballz. That's fine. This kid sucks until proven otherwise. TE recruiting is not good enough. One elite TE here and there mixed in with a bunch of JAGs is not good enough. You're all better off just accepting that I know more about football and football talent that any of you and respecting my opinion about the guys we're recruiting and getting than fucking arguing with me. I know who is good and who sucks. Most of you don't.

At least you recognize that you're very bad at persuading people of anything.
    I shouldn't have to at this point. People should just recognize that I know more than them about football talent at this point. It's like fucking trumptards telling scientist that global warming is "just their opinion". No, some people know more about a certain topic than you and their "opinion" is based on facts, research, reasoning, and experience and should be respected. I don't know shit about baseball talent or golf talent, but I know football talent. Respect it.
    You sound desperate for approval
    As always, if I was I would just follow the group think of the board for easy approval.
    Why are you still trying to explain yourself to me?
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

This thread should’ve been closed the second “Dev Culp sucks” is printed. That is by far SAC’s worst offense that I’ve seen on here.

I’m new. I don’t know shit. But god damn, even if any of our RS-FR players “suck” they have time to become good to great.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

This is one of the worst pure football takes I’ve seen from Ballz.

Nothing will ever top Barry Sanders 2.0 though
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Hi Nathan take the cream buddy
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2019
    Culp can't block. Paopao said he has a "long ways to go" when it comes to blocking, to put it nicely. He can't get on the field until he can block, therefore, he sucks right now. Heard the same thing about Michael Neal and he never played a significant down here. Great looking athlete though but just didn't have the "want to" to be a blocker. Time will tell. But as of this past Spring, Kizer and Culp are far from complete TE's.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Culp can't block. Paopao said he has a "long ways to go" when it comes to blocking, to put it nicely. He can't get on the field until he can block, therefore, he sucks right now. Heard the same thing about Michael Neal and he never played a significant down here. Great looking athlete though but just didn't have the "want to" to be a blocker. Time will tell. But as of this past Spring, Kizer and Culp are far from complete TE's.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xkU9oVGr1KE

• TheGhost206TheGhost206 Member Posts: 97
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

I'm curious who he compared to Barry? I need a pick me up this morning.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

NEsnake12 said:

I'm curious who he compared to Barry? I need a pick me up this morning.
    Trey Lowe I believe
  • ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    Let me say this right at the top, I disagree with SAC.

I expect Culp to be a MONSTER for us, but that’s an expectation not a fact. While it’s stupid to say that he sucks because he’s a RS Freshman day yet to play, we also can’t automatically assume he’s going to be Amazing.

In-state players, unless they’re at the very upper echelon (and even some instances that they are) are pars in recruiting. You have more opportunities to shoot yourself in the dick if you miss on them, but a program of UW’s stature (and recent success) should absofuckinglutely get players like Culp in-state without thinking twice about it.

If you want to level the program up, you have to get recruits like Redman (be they WTE or BTE) EVERY FUCKING YEAR and sprinkle in a hidden gem like an Otton as the 2nd TE in a class when available.

The fact that Paopao keeps shotgunning our damn foot in recruiting with all the misses is why we have to take 2 (or 3) this year.

He’s good at the coaching part of the job, but he’s not anywhere near the realm of how good Coach K is in terms of compensating for weaknesses ‘cruiting.

JFC.

I expect Culp to be a MONSTER for us, but that’s an expectation not a fact. While it’s stupid to say that he sucks because he’s a RS Freshman day yet to play, we also can’t automatically assume he’s going to be Amazing.

In-state players, unless they’re at the very upper echelon (and even some instances that they are) are pars in recruiting. You have more opportunities to shoot yourself in the dick if you miss on them, but a program of UW’s stature (and recent success) should absofuckinglutely get players like Culp in-state without thinking twice about it.

If you want to level the program up, you have to get recruits like Redman (be they WTE or BTE) EVERY FUCKING YEAR and sprinkle in a hidden gem like an Otton as the 2nd TE in a class when available.

The fact that Paopao keeps shotgunning our damn foot in recruiting with all the misses is why we have to take 2 (or 3) this year.

He’s good at the coaching part of the job, but he’s not anywhere near the realm of how good Coach K is in terms of compensating for weaknesses ‘cruiting.

JFC.

Coach K’s true value is in coordinating the defense. He is an great OLB coach, but an elite coordinator
  • ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    FirePete said:

JFC.

Coach K’s true value is in coordinating the defense. He is an great OLB coach, but an elite coordinator
    No shit...

FirePete said:

JFC.

No shit...
    I like to state the obvious first
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Finishes 1173 on 247 which seems terrible but is still the 54th ranked TE, which isn't so awful for a second TE.