Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Uniforms

backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,803
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
edited June 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Just what you're hearing?
  • Options

Yes
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,606
    Founders Club

Yes
    What about Tennessee?

#MyVols
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm hearing it'll be more similar to Iowa's new ones. All gold with purple chrome helmet.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

Yes
    Okay, I'll try not to twist.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,504
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

I'm hearing it'll be more similar to Iowa's new ones. All gold with purple chrome helmet.

lol wut? There's no gold. Those look like Michigan uni's.
  • Options

BTP is hitting @arizona123 territory in the hot takes

That’s what I got told by someone who saw them today...
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,198
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Whatever it is they are better than Nike’s
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

Whatever it is they are better than Nike’s

That’s what he said lol.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019

Are you fucking kidding me!? Those uniforms are fucking trash! Still no pant stripes for another FOUR fucking years!? How can these retards still not get it and continue to destroy our branding and tradition. It's so fucking easy to design our uniforms and they still can't figure it the fuck out! Imagine if LSU just decided to remove the stripes down the sides of their pants. Their fans would be rioting in the streets! We want our Washington Husky uniforms back! We want our fucking pant stripes! Back when the old school jerseys had sleeves they had two purple stripes on the sleeves of the white jerseys. You bump those stripes up the side of the shoulder on the modern jerseys like the Dallas Cowboys' uniforms.

The lettering should be basic block lettering with no gold trim around the edges. Just basic white block lettering on the purple jerseys and basic purple block lettering on the white jerseys.

No more fucking black uniforms or black accents ANYWHERE.

Only alternate uniforms should be ALL Purple or ALL white so the kids can have their options and swag. White pants should have pant stripes as well.

If this is true and our uniforms look like fucking Georgia Tech's uniforms y'all need to turn up on Twitter when they release this shit and trash the fuck out of them. I don't care if you think they're a "slight improvement" over the Nike ones. Anything less than our fucking traditional uniforms is unacceptable. Simply not having the pant stripes back again is unacceptable!

Don James took off the pant stripes and proceeded to win 3 Pac titles in a row. Plus a Natty.
    I don't give a fuck. Without them, we're not Washington. Basic gold pants with no stripes are for UCLA, Colorado, and Notre Dame, not UW. That's a tradition, a part of our brand, and something that would differentiate our uniforms and our brand from others that wear gold pants and it's still fucking missing. It's terrible. They just don't get it.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wow. I curse a lot, don't I ?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    You want them to "just win games". Well guess what you fucks? Black kids like swag. Black kids like cool or iconic uniforms that give them a feeling of status. Bama's uniforms are classic. Georgia, LSU, Ohio State, you name it. Their uniforms are classic and unchanged. Kids can look back and see Herschel Walker playing in the same exact uniform they would be wearing if they go to Georgia. Bijan Robinson is now excited about the possibility of wearing Reggie Bush's #5 jersey at USC. It's these traditions that make college football special. You want to win games? You have to get the best fucking talent and uniforms can either help you do that, or hinder you from doing that.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I stand with @StrongArmCobra on the uni topic
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,000
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Our unis just need to be the standard 80's or early 90's Maybe slightly modernized like Wisconsin or Miami did with theirs. If they want to do an alternate once a year that's fine. But this is not hard. But they make it so hard. They really do.