Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Quuuaaaccckkk

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sac - with Pepe to USC and Dewark trending there, the pecking order is clear.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

dnc said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

DJDuck said:

As of now these are the class rankings of schools we are talking about:

#11 Oregon

#54 Washington

#60 USC

Facts about 3 star recruits in this years class

Clemson has FIVE 3 star commits

Alabama has THREE 3 star commits

LSU has FIVE 3 star commits

Raw numbers are meaningless at this point, the only thing that matters (for a school that has any decent ability to recruit anyway) are percentages.

Clemson: 4 3 stars out of 18 commits = 87.8% blue chips, overall average score of 94.56 (1st)
    Bama: 3 3 stars out of 15 commits = 80% blue chips, overall average score of 93.35 (4th)
    LSU: 5 3 stars out of 20 commits = 75% blue chips, overall average score of 92.47 (5th)
    Oregon: 7 3 stars out of 13 commits = 46.15% blue chips, overall average score of 89.58 (19th)
    Washington: 3 3 stars out of 6 commits = 50% blue chips, overall average score of 89.06 (21st)

Washington and Oregon's classes are roughly equal right now. You can argue Oregon's is better because fuller is better than emptier, but OTOH Oregon's top commit in these calculations isn't really committed to them and Washington's class is definitely trending better of late.

I'm honestly kind of surprised by how much Oregon's recruiting momentum has slowed down, I didn't expect that. Ever since the shit they pulled with Smalls it's like they can only take 3 stars. It's almost like karma's a bitch...
    This is fair, but come on, it's a lot easier to shoot 50% from 3 on 2 attempts per game.
    True, but when you're talking about a program which took 15 four stars and 8 3 stars last year, but is at 50-50 right now, I'd rather have more spots open than more spots filled in that scenario.
    I mean, yeah, UW is recruiting very very well, but dudes are committing earlier and earlier and the number of blue chip prospects later in the recruiting cycle is lower and lower. You'd rather have 3/6 than 6/13 because one time ever y'all got more than 50% 4 stars? And yes, it's awfully fucking hot for February. Also, the whole stars thing is bullshit. The rating makes a helluva lot more sense.
    I understand your reasoning and it's fairly sound. Based on the kids UW is in on, I feel confident we are going to do better than 50%.

I agree the number rating thing is better than stars. The star concept is decent in theory but awful in practice. There's just way too much disparity between the top 3 stars and the bottom.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Well Oregon has at least won a playoff game and been in two NC games. I don’t think any other PAC 12 team has won a playoff game. I could be wrong. We won that game and with it the Rose Bowl.

It’s a tell that you have to keep trying to have to convince yourself of where UW is compared to others. It speaks to your insecurity.😂

Yeah two head coaches ago. What have they done lately?
    https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401012766

Nothing else matters, amiright?

It was a good win for Oregon. The walk off 6 may be a pivotal moment for the program. However, do remember Oregon fans are less than five years off playing for an NC. No one is settling for a victory against a rival.
    It could have been a pivotal moment but then you? played like shit the rest of the year.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,069
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    salemcoog said:

DJDuck said:

Well Oregon has at least won a playoff game and been in two NC games. I don’t think any other PAC 12 team has won a playoff game. I could be wrong. We won that game and with it the Rose Bowl.

It’s a tell that you have to keep trying to have to convince yourself of where UW is compared to others. It speaks to your insecurity.😂

It's moar of a tell that the CFP has only been around a few years and you don't know which Pac 12 teams have won playoff games.
    huh?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,069
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

It was a good win for Oregon. The walk off 6 may be a pivotal moment for the program. However, do remember Oregon fans are less than five years off playing for an NC. No one is settling for a victory against a rival.
    It could have been a pivotal moment but then you? played like shit the rest of the year.
    FWIT, they played like shit before that too.
  • Options
    dtd said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

I mean you were 5-1 and ranked #12 after that game. I agree it was an optimistic view but you certainly had a chance for that win to galvanize some things and spring you guys forward.
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary

I like to brag about winning a semi game under Helfrich while blaming him for the last three years of dreck

Is that what you like to do??
  • Options
    dtd said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Oregon went 4-7, 7-5 and 9-4. It’s almost like there’s a trend. Will Oregon bust through and win 10? Who knows? The walk off six certainly will give the team confidence that they can play with anyone in this league.

Now proceed with Cristobal = Sark.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Someone got pancakes block too. Must mean they’re weak.

That was a walk-on and it wasn't a pancake. It was a hold as he was reaching to make the tackle and then a block in the back to the ground and wasn't called. We all know Oregon got lucky. Do I need to post pictures of UW's championship trophy?
    Block in the back...lol

Uh yeah watch the play. Bronson reaches to making the tackle and the Oregon lineman holds him and then blocks him in the back and falls on him. That's not a pancake. That's a penalty. Home cooking. Won't happen this season. 135-54. #1 in the North. Conference Champs.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

Oregon went 4-7, 7-5 and 9-4. It’s almost like there’s a trend. Will Oregon bust through and win 10? Who knows? The walk off six certainly will give the team confidence that they can play with anyone in this league.

OK

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It is nice that @lawsandl admits that UW is the standard of the league
  • Options

It is nice that @lawsandl admits that UW is the standard of the league

It’s hard to argue otherwise.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    lawsandl said:

Uh yeah it is. USC and Oregon scraping the bottom of the barrel. USC still ahead of Oregon in the pecking order. UW didn't offer either of those guys.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

That was a walk-on and it wasn't a pancake. It was a hold as he was reaching to make the tackle and then a block in the back to the ground and wasn't called. We all know Oregon got lucky. Do I need to post pictures of UW's championship trophy?
    Block in the back...lol

Uh yeah watch the play. Bronson reaches to making the tackle and the Oregon lineman holds him and then blocks him in the back and falls on him. That's not a pancake. That's a penalty. Home cooking. Won't happen this season. 135-54. #1 in the North. Conference Champs.

Lol a freeze frame before Bronson reaches to make the tackle and the hold occurs. FAIL.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

And now they're gonna plateau at 7-8 win seasons. Ah yes, the old "we beat this team that's better than us so now we can play with anybody" bullshit. Been there, done that.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Uh yeah it is. USC and Oregon scraping the bottom of the barrel. USC still ahead of Oregon in the pecking order. UW didn't offer either of those guys.
    Dewark visited and was never offered. Pepe’s was not committable and never was. This was said well before USC ever offered.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Block in the back...lol

Lol a freeze frame before Bronson reaches to make the tackle and the hold occurs. FAIL.
    C,mon Sac. Bronson lunges and anything remotely resembling a hold is well after the TD.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Block in the back...lol

• Options

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dtd said:

DJDuck said:

And now they're gonna plateau at 7-8 win seasons. Ah yes, the old "we beat this team that's better than us so now we can play with anybody" bullshit. Been there, done that.
    Right on queue.