Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Quuuaaaccckkk

Comments

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2019
    “Afaese held a dozen other scholarship offers at the time of his decision and officially visited Colorado this past weekend. He is the nation’s No. 30 rated strong-side defensive end and No. 6 overall prospect in the state of Hawaii for the 2020 class, according to the 247Sports rankings.”

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/College-Football-Recruiting-Maceal-Afaese-discusses-his-commitment-to-the-Oregon-Ducks-132995733/
  • Options
    “One of my best friends committed there last year, Treven Ma’ae, and he’s going to be more of an outside linebacker for them. Committing early is big for me because I can focus on my season and I know where I want to go. The visit on Thursday really opened my eyes and the coaches really made me feel at home instantly.”-Maceal Afaese
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Keep collecting those hidden gems baby! Oregon recruiting starting to look like Oregon State recruiting.

What does SC recruiting look like? This is not good for the league and this is no knock on Afaese because he still isn’t evaluated on rivals and camped well there. Kid will probably end up 87-89 and be one of the better DL on the west coast.

I would be careful about celebrating. We are becoming the Mountain West.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    lawsandl said:

Keep collecting those hidden gems baby! Oregon recruiting starting to look like Oregon State recruiting.

What does SC recruiting look like? This is not good for the league and this is no knock on Afaese because he still isn’t evaluated on rivals and camped well there. Kid will probably end up 87-89 and be one of the better DL on the west coast.

Fine with me. UW will dominate the Pac-12 like Clemson does the ACC.

USC will rebound in recruiting next class with a more respectable 8-4 or 9-3 season and possibly a coaching change.

It's not good for Oregon that they've lost so much recruiting buzz and momentum before the season. Now the pressure is really on for them to prove themselves on the field. If not, their class could finish outside the top-25 with all these 3-stars they're lining up and potential decommitments down the road.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

lawsandl said:

Fine with me. UW will dominate the Pac-12 like Clemson does the ACC.

USC will rebound in recruiting next class with a more respectable 8-4 or 9-3 season and possibly a coaching change.

It's not good for Oregon that they've lost so much recruiting buzz and momentum before the season. Now the pressure is really on for them to prove themselves on the field. If not, their class could finish outside the top-25 with all these 3-stars they're lining up and potential decommitments down the road.
    As always, you’re always overselling our future demise. UW is no Clemson. Offering Bruener and Smith is basically going the 3* gem route. At the end of the day, no one is hot in the trail and Oregon isn’t exactly stinking.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I've always liked Afaese. Real raw right now, but has good length and a nice frame to turn into a nice 3T/5T swing if he can get developed.
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

I've always liked Afaese. Real raw right now, but has good length and a nice frame to turn into a nice 3T/5T swing if he can get developed.

He is making lemonade out of lemons.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    As of now these are the class rankings of schools we are talking about:

#11 Oregon

#54 Washington

#60 USC

Facts about 3 star recruits in this years class

Clemson has FIVE 3 star commits

Alabama has THREE 3 star commits

LSU has FIVE 3 star commits

Florida has SEVEN 3 star commits

Notre Dame has THREE 3 star & ONE 2 star commit

Ohio State has FIVE 3 star commits

Michigan FIVE 3 stars

Penn Star SIX 3 stars.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Class rankings don’t matter in June Hth!
  • Options
    Then why are other Huskies talking about the issue?

I think some of your pals are knocking three star athletes too. I am just trying to edify the ignorant.
  • Options
    I have no illusions here. This year we will be lucky to finish in the top fifteen. The important issue for the Ducks is following last years class with filling positions of need.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    DJDuck said:

As of now these are the class rankings of schools we are talking about:

#11 Oregon

#54 Washington

#60 USC

Facts about 3 star recruits in this years class

Clemson has FIVE 3 star commits

Alabama has THREE 3 star commits

LSU has FIVE 3 star commits

Raw numbers are meaningless at this point, the only thing that matters (for a school that has any decent ability to recruit anyway) are percentages.

Clemson: 4 3 stars out of 18 commits = 87.8% blue chips, overall average score of 94.56 (1st)
    Bama: 3 3 stars out of 15 commits = 80% blue chips, overall average score of 93.35 (4th)
    LSU: 5 3 stars out of 20 commits = 75% blue chips, overall average score of 92.47 (5th)
    Oregon: 7 3 stars out of 13 commits = 46.15% blue chips, overall average score of 89.58 (19th)
    Washington: 3 3 stars out of 6 commits = 50% blue chips, overall average score of 89.06 (21st)

Washington and Oregon's classes are roughly equal right now. You can argue Oregon's is better because fuller is better than emptier, but OTOH Oregon's top commit in these calculations isn't really committed to them and Washington's class is definitely trending better of late.

I'm honestly kind of surprised by how much Oregon's recruiting momentum has slowed down, I didn't expect that. Ever since the shit they pulled with Smalls it's like they can only take 3 stars. It's almost like karma's a bitch...
  • Options
    Actually Oregon is in pretty good shape. They already have some important recruits in key positions. I never expected us to do as well as last year or have a top ten class.

I do expect Oregon to have the #1 class in the PAC 12. Right or wrong they will be up there. Whether you admit it or not MC & Co are a machine.

With the talent in Washington next year It should be UW’s year.

• Options
    DJDuck said:

Actually Oregon is in pretty good shape. They already have some important recruits in key positions. I never expected us to do as well as last year or have a top ten class.

I do expect Oregon to have the #1 class in the PAC 12. Right or wrong they will be up there. Whether you admit it or not MC & Co are a machine.

With the talent in Washington next year It should be UW’s year.

I've admitted many times I think Cristoball and his staff are a recruiting machine. That's why I'm shocked how mediocre their results have been this class. I did not see that coming.

Oregon will not have the #1 class in the Pac this year.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Who do you think will be #1?

BTW I should have been more clear. I met “you” in the larger sense. I should have said merely “ whether oeople admit it or not”. Sorry.
  • Options
    DJDuck said:

Who do you think will be #1?

BTW I should have been more clear. I met “you” in the larger sense. I should have said merely “ whether oeople admit it or not”. Sorry.

I think UW will have the #1 class in the Pac unless USC hires Urban.

I would have said Oregon before the last couple of weeks.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Given the milieu in the PAC 12 it will be one of us for awhile IMO.

Utah, Colorado, WSU, OSU, ASU, UA are just lacking

Cal has a new young coach and is doing better but they have a ways to go.

UCLA-Chip is a good coach but hates to recruit and it shows

USC is always a threat and will get good players but won’t be what they could be with Helton still at the helm. Oregon has made huge inroads into USC traditional territories of Mater Dei, St John Bosco, Narbonne, Norco and others.

Both UO & UO have recruiters that the other schools can’t match.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Fuck recruiting rankings. Just get physically people and kick ass on the FUCKING FIELD!

FUCK RECRUITING NATTIES!