Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Quuuaaaccckkk

Comments

• DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    As usual, UW's class will blow Oregon's out of the water. But even more so this class than previous ones because Oregon is struggling this cycle, especially in the trenches. They're just taking the best guys they can get in the trenches and they are all far from elite talents. Most will be projects. Championships are won in the trenches. As long as UW continues to beat the rest of the conference recruiting the trenches, they are going to be hard for any Pac-12 team to beat.
    edited June 2019
    I think you are whistling past the graveyard once again SAC. We have been over most of this ground before. You seem to pin your hopes on variables that are not really determinative, and are unreliable and mutable. For instance Oregon’s OL Is one of the best in the country. None of them were considered stars except for Penei. You must be extremely insecure that you can’t seem to have a conversation without attempting to run down the other team. You must be fairly young too. You have a lot to learn. I will concede that UW COULD have a better recruiting class but IMO I don’t think so. I am happy with all of our recruits.

Given that Tae will probably leave and USC is working on Kris Hutson.

Tae is a talent and will hurt but we have good safeties now and several in the class.

Hutson is a 4 star receiver that would hurt losing. However we had a fantastic WR class last year. Realistically there are too many Great WR’s that are Oregon leans right now. We have to turn some of them down. So while losing Hutson would be problematic there plenty of great receivers that want to go to Oregon.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2019
    Hutson ran a 4.78 at 5”10 175... Roger Rosengarten ran a 4.85 at 6”7 275..

Both are rated 4 stars. It’s a fucking joke.

Myles Slusher and that DC kid will not stick either.
    You are a prescient guy.😂
    edited June 2019
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Keep collecting those hidden gems baby! Oregon recruiting starting to look like Oregon State recruiting.

What does SC recruiting look like? This is not good for the league and this is no knock on Afaese because he still isn’t evaluated on rivals and camped well there. Kid will probably end up 87-89 and be one of the better DL on the west coast.

I would be careful about celebrating. We are becoming the Mountain West.
    Fine with me. UW will dominate the Pac-12 like Clemson does the ACC.

USC will rebound in recruiting next class with a more respectable 8-4 or 9-3 season and possibly a coaching change.

It's not good for Oregon that they've lost so much recruiting buzz and momentum before the season. Now the pressure is really on for them to prove themselves on the field. If not, their class could finish outside the top-25 with all these 3-stars they're lining up and potential decommitments down the road.
    As always, you’re always overselling our future demise. UW is no Clemson. Offering Bruener and Smith is basically going the 3* gem route. At the end of the day, no one is hot in the trail and Oregon isn’t exactly stinking.
    Dabo Sweeney's first full season as Clemson's head coach was in 2009. Here are his first six seasons at Clemson:

2009: 9-5
    2010: 6-7
    2011: 10-3
    2012: 11-2
    2013: 10-3
    2014: 10-3

Chris Petersen's first five seasons at UW:

2014: 8-6
    2015: 7-6
    2016: 12-2
    2017: 10-3
    2018: 10-4

With both coaches you had a breakthrough season their third season as head coach with a 10 win season. Petersen outperformed Dabo in his third year at UW with 12 wins. Following that breakthrough third year, both won at least 10 games the following two years. Petersen is going into his sixth year as UW's head coach and needs another 10-win season to match Dabo's 2014 season. Clemson's 2014 class was ranked 16th in the nation, which is about where UW's 2020 class will finish. Clemson's 2015 recruiting class was a breakthrough class for them that was ranked #9 in the nation with multiple 5-star signees. UW has a chance to sign multiple 5-star recruits in 2021 with Sam Huard, JT Tuimoloau, and Emeka Egbuka being 5-star in-state recruits. UW is on Clemson's trajectory from 2009-2013. Will they continue on that trajectory? If Eason stays his Senior season and performs like a Heisman contender, then yeah, UW could be in the national title game in 2020 (Petersen's 7th season matching Dabo's first title appearance his 7th season in 2015).
    Blah blah blah blah. My mom can beat up your mom. You are devolving once again.
    edited June 2019
    DJDuck said:

I think you are whistling past the graveyard once again SAC. We have been over most of this ground before. You seem to pin your hopes on variables that are not really determinative, and are unreliable and mutable. For instance Oregon’s OL Is one of the best in the country. None of them were considered stars except for Penei. You must be extremely insecure that you can’t seem to have a conversation without attempting to run down the other team. You must be fairly young too. You have a lot to learn. I will concede that UW COULD have a better recruiting class but IMO I don’t think so. I am happy with all of our recruits.

Tae is a talent and will hurt but we have good safeties now and several in the class.

Hutson is a 4 star receiver that would hurt losing. However we had a fantastic WR class last year. Realistically there are too many Great WR’s that are Oregon leans right now. We have to turn some of them down. So while losing Hutson would be problematic there plenty of great receivers that want to go to Oregon.

Oregon won't get a single 4-star recruit on the O-line or D-line this class. Thots?

And those 3-star starters you speak of were all Greatwood recruits. Greatwood was legitimately good at finding hidden gems and recruited athletic 260-270 pound high school recruits and built them up into decent players. Cristobal? Not so much. He loves the less athletic fatties. BEACHED WHALE!

Your O-line will suck after those Greatwood recruits graduate.
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Hutson ran a 4.59 and more importantly a 4.19 shuttle.

• FirePetermanFirePeterman Member Posts: 8
    First Comment

DJDuck said:

Oregon won't get a single 4-star recruit on the O-line or D-line this class. Thots?

And those 3-star starters you speak of were all Greatwood recruits. Greatwood was legitimately good at finding hidden gems and recruited athletic 260-270 pound high school recruits and built them up into decent players. Cristobal? Not so much. He loves the less athletic fatties. BEACHED WHALE!

The best OL Oregon has had in the last decade was a Cristobal recruit who came in at over 360 lbs and he will be a top 10 overall pick when he is draft eligible.
    Penis Sewell was also a top 50 recruit nationally.
    edited June 2019

DJDuck said:

The best OL Oregon has had in the last decade was a Cristobal recruit who came in at over 360 lbs and he will be a top 10 overall pick when he is draft eligible.
    Equating a 5-star recruit who was obviously elite and super athletic since he was a Sophomore in high school to much less athletic, fat 3-star project lineman is what you like to do.
    First Comment

DJDuck said:

Oregon also has the best EDGE Dline guy on the entire west coast already committed in 4 star Jaden Navarette after signing easily the best overall Dline and Oline guys on the west coast in Thibodeaux and Jonah Tauanu’u.

Btw Afasese has a .87 rating and is the composite 4th ranked recruit in Hawaii which will put him in the top half of UWs current recruiting class which does not have a single DL commit. Oregon has the nations #11 recruiting class on composite, #10 on 247 and easily #1 in the PAC12 by a massive margin. UW’s class is #54, trailing traditional powerhouses such as Western Michigan, Bowling Green, and Cincinnati.
    edited June 2019
    Faatui Tuitele, Saama Paama, Laitau Latu, Jacob Bandes, Bralen Trice, and Noa Ngalu say hi!

DJDuck said:

Oregon also has the best EDGE Dline guy on the entire west coast already committed in 4 star Jaden Navarette after signing easily the best overall Dline and Oline guys on the west coast in Thibodeaux and Jonah Tauanu’u.

Btw Afasese has a .87 rating and is the composite 4th ranked recruit in Hawaii which will put him in the top half of UWs current recruiting class which does not have a single DL commit. Oregon has the nations #11 recruiting class on composite, #10 on 247 and easily #1 in the PAC12 by a massive margin. UW’s class is #54, trailing traditional powerhouses such as Western Michigan, Bowling Green, and Cincinnati.
    Are you really citing recruiting class rankings in fucking june? When the majority of kids aren’t committed.
    First Comment

Faatui Tuitele, Saama Paama, Laitau Latu, Jacob Bandes, Bralen Trice, and Noa Ngalu say hi!

lololol doog fans would really be the ones to criticize taking a 3 star project Dline guy and come back with Bralen Trice and Noa Ngalu. From following Oregon recruiting I know all about Trice, he begged to come to Oregon and was turned down as he literally has the body composition of a WR. If you want to see a day and night difference in body type look at a real DE player like Kavon Thibodeax, Treven Ma’ae, DJ Johnson, Adrian Jackson, etc and compare that to Trice. He was politely told no thanks by Cristobal when he came to visit and you gonna bring up Trice? Ngalu is another scrub, mountain west level player. Latu was a must get for you guys and has some tools but he is stiff as a board if the plan is to use him as a true edge you will find yourself disappointed. Paama is a good looking prospect, as is Bandes although he is a high floor low ceiling guy, much less potential than Paama. Tuitele is another good looking player. Only problem is all of UW best dline guys are interior Dline, which in today’s football is far less valuable then exterior edge rushers which Oregon has the best group of of any college program west of the Mississippi. Again the previous statement holds, Oregon has signed the best Dlineman and Olineman in the West last cycle, and already have the best exterior Dline guy on the west this cycle committed with the second best would be committed if he wasn’t failing every damn class (DeShawn Lynch).
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

DJDuck said:

.857 rating = / = .87 rating. And if by top half you mean you he literally squeaks ahead of one UW commit, then Sure.gif.

Afasese's alleged .87 is worse than both Trice and Ngalu's rating last year (the UW commits who you are mocking). His actual .857 rating is much worse than them both.

You suck at this.
    Read JHop’s take on this. I posted it already.
    edited June 2019

Once again you are just wrong:

https://247sports.com/player/kris-hutson-46047149/

Verified Results
    FORTY
    SECONDS
    THE OPENING REGIONAL
    02/10/19
    SHUTTLE
    SECONDS
    THE OPENING REGIONAL
    05/11/19
    VERTICAL
    INCHES
    THE OPENING REGIONAL
    05/11/19
    WEIGHT
    POUNDS
    THE OPENING REGIONAL
    05/11/19
    HEIGHT
    5-10.5
    FEET
    SC seems to want him pretty bad. There on him like white on rice. I think he ends up at USC.