Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Quuuaaaccckkk

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

The fattie

He’s a baller.

By the time signing day rolls around he should be Oregons one legitimacy good signee.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

The fattie

He’s a baller.

By the time signing day rolls around he should be Oregons one legitimacy good signee.
    I like others.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited June 2019

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Someone got pancakes block too. Must mean they’re weak.

That was a walk-on and it wasn't a pancake. It was a hold as he was reaching to make the tackle and then a block in the back to the ground and wasn't called. We all know Oregon got lucky. Do I need to post pictures of UW's championship trophy?
    Block in the back...lol

Uh yeah watch the play. Bronson reaches to making the tackle and the Oregon lineman holds him and then blocks him in the back and falls on him. That's not a pancake. That's a penalty. Home cooking. Won't happen this season. 135-54. #1 in the North. Conference Champs.

Lol a freeze frame before Bronson reaches to make the tackle and the hold occurs. FAIL.

Yeah that's called a hold. Bronson's body is sideways and your lineman is holding him on his chest to prevent him from making the tackle and then falls on his back like he pancaked him when he didn't. But go ahead and celebrate one of the best moments your program has ever had. Congrats, you beat the conference champs during the regular season. That makes the sting of being overall losers less stingy. You'll need the memory of that moment to hold on to. Won't be many like it for Oregon going forward.
    If they called it by the letter of the law, you would see 25-30 holding calls per game. However, in an actual game, if the offensive player engages straight up with the defender and the only movement by the defender is a dive at the approaching running back, you'll never see a flag.
    No doubt, but I expect the officials to call the game by the letter of the law when it comes to game deciding situations. I don't care about a hold that occurs away from the play and has no effect on the result of the play. But when you have a hold on the key block that springs the RB for a TD to win the game in OT, I expect it to be called. When it's not, I call that home cooking.

And the defender dived because he was being held and it was his only chance he had to even get a hand on Verdell. When a DT lunges to make a tackle and you see him dragging the offensive lineman with him, it's obviously a hold and it's something officials are supposed to look for.

Point is:

A. It was a very lucky win for Oregon.
    B. You don't get to falsely remember the final play as some epic pancake of a UW player when it was hold.
    C. That game is not suggestive of the series being competitive going forward. It's one game that followed two Oregon ass whoopings. The ass whoopings will continue. Oregon managed a short intermission from the ass whoopings because they had every possible advantage. Getting UW at home coming off a buy week won't happen again for a very long time.
    Oooo!! It was the wefs!!!

:D
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

He’s a punk because he’s actually a duck fan that’s a realist and isn’t a retarded qoock like you?

Figures.

So it's realistic evalaution you value in poasters eh? And yet you follow Strongballz the Retard around like he popped your cherry or something.

He's pretty objective though, so never mind.